another Chicago / MW area Fall country drive -- October 20 ?

Sorry Manuel, my weekends are all booked.
smile.gif
or
frown.gif

Manuel, I hate to bow out, but I'm not going to be able to make it. I have been sick all week and missed 3 days already (which is 2 more than all of last year!). I hope you all have fun, take some pics for me. Sorry
frown.gif

Aaron

I'm still in. My friend won't be able to come.
1 car- NSX.

Woohoo! Weather's lookin good guys!

Matt, yes that is the plan. Try to be there before 10:30 am tho. I will try to get there by 10:15 AM.

-Awais

------------------
2001 QuickSilver Corvette Coupe - Not Stock [503 RWHP, 545 RWTQ]

2002 Black Acura 3.2 TL/S

www.RacingFlix.com

Just got back from the drive... was a LOT of fun. We had over 20 cars to begin with, including 6 NSX (4 red, 1 black, 1 silver), 2 Corvette C5s, 2 M3s, 4 Miatas, and several other cars... it was great to see familiar faces, as well as meet new folks.

Thanks to all who attended... in particular:
- Steve J for hosting the kickoff at TLD, and giving us a warm starting point;
- The Gusts for having us over at their place (nice house, and GREAT garage!), arranging for a FUN drive around the Lake Geneva area, and a scenic brunch stop in Fontana
- the WC Miata folks who joined us with 4 cars -- hopefully everyone had fun testing the upper end of their cars' rev bands (!)
- special mention to JimK from Iowa, for coming the longest distance

Hope everyone made it home safe...

I'll post some pictures here, and in the Photo Gallery section... stay tuned.

################

We'll plan a similar event in early spring 2003.

------------------
Manuel C
My Toys:
93 NSX : track-prepared
93 MBZ 300CE : some mods
97 Mazda MX5 : stock for now
93 Honda NH750

We had a GREAT time!! NIce to see some old faces, and great to meet new ones!!
Thanks to Manuel for seting it up, GREAT thanks to John and Jet for the coffee and doughnuts, not to mention the drive, and destination!!

We met at my work (The Last Detail) in N. Chicago,
5579tld1.jpg

5579tld2.jpg

5579tld3.jpg

We all then drove to Lake Geneva to John G's "Garagemahal", he has a collection of 8 cars, including an NSX, an 850 CSi (///M), and an 02 M3 Conv SMG in addition to the muscle cars!!

Then we went on an ~80 mile drive all around the north and west area of Lake Geneva, ending @ Gordys Boat house in Fontana, where the service was excellent,
wink.gif

5579gordysgirls_500.jpg

one guy had an 800+hp superformance Cobra ALL MOTOR!!
its at the right of the NSX's in this pic
5579nsxsat_gordys.jpg

Looking forward to doing it again!!

Steve

[This message has been edited by SJJ28 (edited 20 October 2002).]

It was definitely a great time.

Thanks to Steve and Vik with the black NSX for a fun drive on the way home as well
biggrin.gif

For pics, go to: http://www.racingflix.com/show_event_coverage.asp?e=30

If you have pics you'd like me to post on RacingFlix.com, please email them to me at my email address: [email protected]

I have about 45 min. of video, and will be editing it to make a small 5 min. video covering the day in the next week or two.

Thanks again!

-Awais

------------------

www.RacingFlix.com

Wanted to also add my thanks to all for a wonderful day of driving.

Special thanks to Manuel for arranging, Steve for hosting our meeting point, and John and Jet for hosting the get-together and coordinating the drive route. Many thanks also to Steve and Awais for a spirited drive home.

The day was a lot of fun, and it was great to finally put a face to so many of the screen names I know.

I've got lots of pictures, and will post them shortly (they are actually already on Ofoto, I just need to figure out how to send an invite to the group).

Looking forward to Awais' video. It should be a lot of fun.

Regards.

Originally posted by NSXaholic:
Many thanks also to Steve and Awais for a spirited drive home.

Hey. Drive home was a blast. Hope I didn't go too crazy on some of those passes (I blame it on adrenalin)
biggrin.gif

Btw, you can email me photos if you'd like me to add them to the pics on RacingFlix.com

-Awais

------------------

www.RacingFlix.com

Originally posted by O-Ace:
Hey. Drive home was a blast. Hope I didn't go too crazy on some of those passes (I blame it on adrenalin)
biggrin.gif

Man That vette sounds MEAN when your behind it and he down shifts to get on it!!!, I was loving that!!

Steve

------------------
Steve
91 NSX
01 MDX
02 M3 SMG

Thanks again to Steve, John and Manny. It was great to meet some of the folks on this board. There were some fine machines on the road and in the garages. Manny's Taitec exhaust sounds awesome. The turbocharged Miata had some cool four-wheel drifts in my rear-view. After seeing Jeff's NSX, I think I'm going to have to get the chin spoiler and lower mine. BTW, Lake Geneva to Bettendorf in 2 hrs, 20 min.

Hey guys. Here is the link to the close-to-50 pictures posted on Ofoto. For the newbies, you'll have to sign up. Apologies for this. I hate signing up for ridiculous new services as much as the next guy, but Ofoto is one service that I actually value, given its flexibility and ordering capabilities so it's probably not a bad thing to do. I tried to title the photos, but for some reason that part of the service is not working. I'll do so when they get it fixed. Enjoy.

Regards.

[This message has been edited by NSXaholic (edited 21 October 2002).]

Very nice photos. Hope you don't mind if I add some to my site :-)

-Awais

------------------

www.RacingFlix.com

Originally posted by SJJ28:
Uh Oh, What happened Matt?

Steve

Hey guys....the trip was a BLAST. Lets try and get one in again before we are covered in snow!

On rt. 50, basically right out of Lake Geneva, I lost oil pressure. I coulnd't see anything from the top because engine bay was covered in oil..way to dangerous to try and get under the car on the side of the road with poeple going by at 90MPH. Those wisconsin highways are nuts! Wasn't able to diagnose it till I got it home (@ $2.25 a mile tow!!!). Not as drastic as I though, may be as serious though. I lost a brass T on the rear of the block where the factory oil pressure sending unit goes along with turbo feed. I've never liked that setup but all the manufacturers use it. I had the parts to do it right, was gonna wait till spring...never made it.
frown.gif
The car idled for about 15 seconds with no oil pressure.....I'm fairly confident the engine is ok...maybe there was enough oil on the bearings still. Only time will tell. I've been waiting for the damn thing to blow so I can rebuild it....3 years so far! I was kinda relieved...but then I found it was nothing serious.
smile.gif

I wanted to try and run with O-Ace on the way back :\

Manuel, thanks for stopping!
Matt, thanks for stopping/staying..I emailed you yesterday.

[This message has been edited by true (edited 22 October 2002).]

Originally posted by true:

I wanted to try and run with O-Ace on the way back :\

Sorry to hear this! Hope you get it taken care of. Btw, you and I can run anytime
wink.gif

-Awais

Back