And I thought 6200 miles was low...

That is a thing of beauty. His car he can do what he wants. I would not spend 50k for it but still amazing.

I don't think he'll get $50K for it, but he'll almost certainly get more than he would if he took his kid's advice and replaced the stock wheels with ugly black ones. :)

I don't think he'll get $50K for it, but he'll almost certainly get more than he would if he took his kid's advice and replaced the stock wheels with ugly black ones. :)

I agree. This guy knew what he was doing.

Someone will get a collectible with this one.

Me? I'd drive it, but not for that much money. I don't have that kind of jingle in my pockets.:rolleyes:

I cannot see driving the car this little. I own a 1977 MBZ 450sl with just over 100K miles. I drive just a few thousand miles per year. I will dead before I hit 200k miles.

I also saw a 91 with 10k on it. Listed on Autotrader from a dealer. original
owner /dealer owned. Aking $48k. I think these cars will go mid to low 40's

I wonder why all of these oddly low mileage cars are coming out of the wood work:confused:

-Original owners are starting to get old/retire
-New model is imminent
-Owners are observing, as we have on Prime, that prices bottomed out sometime last year and are climbing again. Most cars don't appreciate, ever, so they are getting while the getting is good.

I have seen NSXs with way lower miles. I think pretty recently and person found one with 49 miles on it.

Not sure if spending $50K on this car and then drive the heck out of it is a wise idea... it'll lose it's value pretty fast ...

Your completely missing my point. Some people like myself find value in actually DRIVING a car. The sound of the engine under full throttle, the wind in your hair, motoring around with friends, tracking the car and enjoying what is was made to do, etc. etc. Others I suppose find value in having the car in the garage, opening the door and looking at it and then closing the door again. Showing it to their friends but not actually driving it. Someone might pay $50,000 for the car "drive the shit out of it" and get maximum value for what they paid. Now if someone was thinking to buy this car as an investment hoping it will some day appreciate at a greater rate than what he could get from other investments well.......I think that would be a bad idea IMO.

I have seen NSXs with way lower miles. I think pretty recently and person found one with 49 miles on it.

Yea that one was in Chicago and went to a Primer/dealer in NC
There are threads here about it

low miles pop up all the time, seems to always be one available. I guess there has been a few more then normal though. In the last month I have seen a 6k 4k 12k 20k and 22k! all 91's!
John

The sound of the engine under full throttle, the wind in your hair, motoring around with friends, tracking the car and enjoying what is was made to do, etc. etc.

Wait a minute, how do you accomplish that in a 91? :wink:

Dhalsim said:
The sound of the engine under full throttle, the wind in your hair, motoring around with friends, tracking the car and enjoying what is was made to do, etc. etc.

Wait a minute, how do you accomplish that in a 91? :wink:

Maybe they have big 80's hair to match the era of the vehicle, if so then it's difficult not to get wind in your hair.

Time capsule example of the breed but did you catch the layers of dust on the steering column bezel? Scary. I like for my cars to have some miles on them for Chrissakes---

Your completely missing my point. Some people like myself find value in actually DRIVING a car. The sound of the engine under full throttle, the wind in your hair, motoring around with friends, tracking the car and enjoying what is was made to do, etc. etc. Others I suppose find value in having the car in the garage, opening the door and looking at it and then closing the door again. Showing it to their friends but not actually driving it. Someone might pay $50,000 for the car "drive the shit out of it" and get maximum value for what they paid. Now if someone was thinking to buy this car as an investment hoping it will some day appreciate at a greater rate than what he could get from other investments well.......I think that would be a bad idea IMO.

I see what you're saying, but I think your need is better satisfied with an average mileage and average priced car than this particular one, imo.

Their is definitely a market out their for these high priced low mileage cars. The seller might have to wait a few months to find the right buyer but they will eventually sell it.

I think most Prime member here as well as most prospective owners would rather had a clean NA2 with 30-70k miles for that kinda money though.

I see what you're saying, but I think your need is better satisfied with an average mileage and average priced car than this particular one, imo.

Yep. Agreed. I just think its a shame to see an NSX that has never been driven.

Their is definitely a market out their for these high priced low mileage cars. The seller might have to wait a few months to find the right buyer but they will eventually sell it.

I think most Prime member here as well as most prospective owners would rather had a clean NA2 with 30-70k miles for that kinda money though.

I agree. I hope the seller has it advertised in some other places (Dupont Registry, etc.) rather than just craigslist if he/she is hoping to get anything close to asking price. There is a market for these kinds of cars, but buyers are not scouring craigslist daily looking for them.

For that money I would track down the 53 mile 1991 NSX that was for sale in Chicago. If you are going to go low mileage and never drive it, you may as well go all the way or not at all.

I have a friend {beckertb}, a former member here and great guy with an 03 with under 5000 miles if Im correct. It just sets. It belonged to his late wife and will probably set till the tires rot off. Bens got many toys and does'nt usually sell anything. He also has a 92 TT widebody.

I’ve always loved NSX collectibles. The ultimate collectible? One of these low-mileage cars! The only problem being, how would I manage to hang it on my living room wall?

Back