An Introduction (Picture intensive)

Hello Everyone.

I am now the proud owner of a 1991 Berlina Black/Ivory interior NSX.

I saw my first NSX back in 1992 when I was searching for my first "new" car. I sat in 1991 Black/Black at the local Acura dealer. He told me it was $80,000 Canadian. I ended up buying a new 1992 Chevrolet Cavalier Z-24, standard, black on black, just like the NSX, but $60,000+ cheaper. 8 years later I bought a new 2000 Oldsmobile Alero, then finally in 2008 I switched to Honda and bought a Honda Fit Sport. The memory of that first NSX never really left the back of my mind. It would pop up every couple of years when I would catch a glimpse of one around town. Last year I went through a divorce and when the dust settled I was single and 40 years old. Fate would drive by on a cold, snowy, November day. I was coming home from work and a 1991 black NSX drove by me. After the shock of seeing this car driving in the snow wore off, it dawned on me, I can get an NSX of my own. From that fateful encounter the search for my NSX began.

The first step was search the web, this is when I found NSXprime. I found a Red 1991 for sale right in my home town. I went to look at it and discussed what I had found with the NSXprime members. She wanted $55,000 Canadian for that car. With all the information I had acquired from the website and its helpful members I realized that this was not the car for me. At that time I was sent a PM by grybrd and he said that he had a 1991 NSX for sale. We sent emails and photos back and forth for several months. The PPI was done by The Car Doctor and he said outside of worn rear tires the car was good to go. He had all the records for the vehicle from about 1995 onwards and all maintenance was up to date. With all that information I flew out to Reston, Virginia on May 21st and picked up my new car. I drove it from Reston to Winnipeg in 2 days. It was 1828.2 miles and I did not have a single problem with the car. I averaged 31.52 mpg on the return trip.

After crossing the border, and having to pay 7% PST, 5% GST and 6.25% duty to import the vehicle into Canada I dropped the car off at the local Acura Dealer and the only NSX certified technician in Manitoba. Outside of having to install daytime running lights and replace one windshield wiper he said the car was in great shape and well maintained. 2 months later it has been driving almost daily, weather permitting. I take it to work, take it to car shows, take it the grocery store, basically I take it everywhere. I have even tried autocross for the first time with it. I am debating whether to drive it down to Las Vegas this year for 2010 NSXpo.

I have attached some photos of my baby, enjoy.
Dwayne

NSXpicturesinthepar023.jpg

NSXpicturesinthepar031.jpg

NSXpicturesinthepar028.jpg

NSXpicturesinthepar026.jpg

NSXpicturesinthepar022.jpg

NSXpicturesinthepar017.jpg

NSXpicturesinthepar012.jpg

NSXpicturesinthepar009.jpg

NSXpicturesinthepar038.jpg

NSXpicturesinthepar003.jpg

NSXpicturesinthepar006.jpg

Last edited:
Dwayne - congrats on your purchase of the beautiful NSX. Looks like it was well taken care of and loved! That was a great ride from Virginia to Canada and glad it was without a problem. Beautiful pictures - enjoy the ride! Jay

Last edited:
Nice Ride, I love the Ivory interior, I wish mine had Ivory. damn it man. lol

Congrats on choosing the best color/combo for an NSX.....but I could be a little biased here ;)....enjoy her in good health and definitely try to make it to NSXPO.

The stock wheels are very dated and need to go.....other than that shes a beauty.

welcome, canada has a very dynamic nsxca chapter....probably because the good driving season is so short...have fun.

I know you'll be happy with it! I have talked to Grybrd several times and actually I'm surprised he to find that he was selling his car. It's a good one. Congrats and welcome aboard!

Welcome and Congrats on your purchase! :smile:

Dwayne, you got a great car. I corresponded often with grybrd, as I also have a black/ivory 91. He spent a lot of time and attention freshening up that car. Nice find. :)

Paul

Look Great, I also love the Ivory interior...

I wanted to take mine into Crown to get a few preventative maintenance things done, and because the Tech was on vacation for a few weeks, I can't get in until the 20th...no biggy,

Was just out yesterday driving around in the great weather...smiles across my face like crazy! I just gotta figure out something for the front end - clear bra or something...? The highway from Winkler to Winnipeg is full of stone covered shoulders and I already have more stone chips on front hood than it had when I got it....

Anyway, I'm in Winkler, stay in touch, maybe we'll cross paths sometime....once I get that front end protected, I'll bring it into the city more....

Welcome and congrats!

Back