An easy Wheel and tire question for you all.

I really like those SSR Integral and S1 wheels. I'm thinking of putting them (probably the S1's) on my 91 NSX. What should I be looking for? What sizes can I use? I was thinking 17 rear and 16 front but I didn't see them offered in that size on the tiretrack.com site. I did see 18's and 17's though.

Tires too. Advice for sizes. The tiretrack site recommends sizes but I'll go with what the x-perts say.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
j

[This message has been edited by jtinsley (edited 02 October 2001).]

I have the SSR 17" fronts and 18" rears. One advantage to this size is that the car does look lowered compared to 16" fronts and 17" rears.

235/35/17 fronts 285/30/18 rears

one problem with the fronts is that it will rub the innerfender at lock to lock.

------------------
'92 Sebring Silver NSX #181

1. Narrower tires.
2. Smaller wheels.

There are disadvantages to larger wheels than stock, and this is one of them. Another is the selection of tires and available sizes is reduced, for street tires and particularly for track tires. The performance differences are negligible; the main advantage of larger wheels is looks, and that is a matter of personal preference. All something to think about when considering getting larger wheels.

I've been considering the Itegral as well because I like the looks and it is very light compared to most wheels, even the expensive ones. Tire Rack claims to be able to supply them in 16/17 combinations of various widths to fit the NSX. You can also check the SSR site. I'd recommend the not going too wide, perhaps late model OEM + 1/2 inch, unless you are determined to go with very wide tires, which I would also discourage as not productive.

I have the SSR's on my car in the 16/17 variety and love them.

Front 16x7 / 225-40-16
Rear 17x9 / 255-40-17

Not lowered.

No rubbing, no tread wear problems, no complaints.

I plan on lowering the car w/ the Bilstiens eventually and do not anticipate any problems then either.

I say go get 'em,

Back