Am I missing a nut

r71

Contributing Member
Hey gang,

I was cleaning up the engine bay and noticed a tension bolt that looks like it's missing a nut. Am I missing a nut here?

Attachments

• belt tentioner.jpg
    belt tentioner.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 265
As bad as it sounds, yes, you are missing a nut.

Edit: attached picture of what it should look like...

Attachments

• nut.jpg
    nut.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
8mm special

Honda just updated the part number. I just bought one.

38936-PR7-A00 $14.18

Last edited:
Hey gang,

I was cleaning up the engine bay and noticed a tension bolt that looks like it's missing a nut. Am I missing a nut here?

Nice catch... thats an important one

Aren't we all a little nutty :biggrin:

Ok before we go nuts over this, I think it's nuts to go nutty over the missing nut -

It is used to tension the belt during installation - once the tensioner is locked it serves no purpose - thus you should replace it when you can get one but don't go nuts about it.

I think the nut is missing because the shaft is too short.

Hey gang,

I'm glad you posted a photo. I was curious what a missing nut looked like. :biggrin:

technicly speaking you are suffering from cryptorchidism....:tongue:

My dad had 3. My mom thought it was gross.

:biggrin: Your mom actually told you that? That's just nuts.

When I was 18 years-old (1976), the style was tight pants for guys. My boyfriend was in style. My dad asked me if Rory had socks in his underwear. The next time Rory came over, he pulled a pair of socks out of his pants before sitting down and said, "Ah, that feels much better."

:biggrin: Your mom actually told you that? That's just nuts.

When I was 18 years-old (1976), the style was tight pants for guys. My boyfriend was in style. My dad asked me if Rory had socks in his underwear. The next time Rory came over, he pulled a pair of socks out of his pants before sitting down and said, "Ah, that feels much better."

I tried that once. However, I learned you're supposed to put the socks in front - not in back...

FX

If you guys don't want any nuts you should go with Mounds, otherwise Almond Joy.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/_TA3c1YqCiI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
are you trying to twist:wink: this thread around and descend:wink: to a whole nether region......

Back