ALMS Weekend!

Might as well let you in on the joke, Lynn. I currently run 18/18 and I'm patiently waiting for a pair of 19's for the rear because I think the current setup looks weird. Mike, et al know this. So they're ribbing me for having "front" wheels in the back, thus confusing people. The couple who were checking out my car (and not Mike's or Nalesh's :biggrin:) actually asked me about the wing but that soon became an added facet of the inside joke.:tongue:

Someday I'll finally have my 19's in back and then all they'll have to mess with me about is everything else.:redface::smile:

J

Hey J, thanks for explaining. That's what I get for trying to decipher between the lines! :tongue:
Saw the 18/18, it must be terribly convenient if you get a flat tire though...
Lynn

Might as well let you in on the joke, Lynn. I currently run 18/18 and I'm patiently waiting for a pair of 19's for the rear because I think the current setup looks weird. Mike, et al know this. So they're ribbing me for having "front" wheels in the back, thus confusing people. The couple who were checking out my car (and not Mike's or Nalesh's :biggrin:) actually asked me about the wing but that soon became an added facet of the inside joke.:tongue:

Someday I'll finally have my 19's in back and then all they'll have to mess with me about is everything else.:redface::smile:

J

Hey J, thanks for explaining. That's what I get for trying to decipher between the lines! :tongue:
Saw the 18/18, it must be terribly convenient if you get a flat tire though...
Lynn

Hi Lynn,

Next time I will let you borrow my Green Lantern secret decoder ring. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Actually, it won't be convenient, since the width's are different for front and rear. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mike

Hi Lynn,

Next time I will let you borrow my Green Lantern secret decoder ring. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Actually, it won't be convenient, since the width's are different for front and rear. :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mike

That and... ummm... I have no spare tire!

J

Ben, was it as fun as the EXPO in Portland, excluding the track days of course?

I would say yes, it was, although we got more driving time at Xpo, and more varied activities. This year's expo was pretty small though. It might not be a bad idea in the future to have Xpo at the same time/place as an ALMS race. This years NSX Fiesta was also held at the same time/place as a Super GT race, which was a nice treat.

The couple who were checking out my car (and not Mike's or Nalesh's :biggrin:) :tongue:

J

Dang J. Why you gotta be so mean? :biggrin::biggrin::tongue::smile:

It's okay Nalesh... sometimes there's just no accounting for taste... besides what James neglected to mention is; the couple had two seeing eye dogs and while James was talking with them, both dogs peed on his rear wheels or was it his front wheels :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mike

It's okay Nalesh... sometimes there's just no accounting for taste... besides what James neglected to mention is; the couple had two seeing eye dogs and while James was talking with them, both dogs peed on his rear wheels or was it his front wheels :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mike

So what are you saying???... even the blind can see that 18/18 just doesn't look right??? :D :D :D LOL...

Yeah, my car looks funny because of the 18/18 setup... what's all of your excuses? :biggrin::tongue::smile::smile::tongue::biggrin:

Oh, BTW, the wheel vendor I'm using "says/claims" that my wheels are shipping (from East coast) after SEMA. Yay! (We'll see)

J

Yeah, my car looks funny because of the 18/18 setup... what's all of your excuses? :biggrin::tongue::smile::smile::tongue::biggrin:

J

This is not about us... it's all about you :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: so, we have no excuses :wink::wink::wink:

Oh, BTW, the wheel vendor I'm using "says/claims" that my wheels are shipping (from East coast) after SEMA. Yay! (We'll see)

J

Everyone, please keep your fingers crossed :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mike

J

I still have factor wheels :redface: :D

Maybe I will get new wheels on my car before your rear wheels come in. hehe... :rolleyes: :tongue:

I still have factor wheels :redface: :D

Maybe I will get new wheels on my car before your rear wheels come in. hehe... :rolleyes: :tongue:

I've been telling you: get the RE30's in either the hyper-black (or whatever that finish is called) or, if you can find them, that limited edition blue. I think that would look sick on your car. If I were to buy a new set of wheels for my car today, that's what I'd get. Oh, and you're right that they'd probably come in before my GT-C's. :frown:

J

I've been telling you: get the RE30's in either the hyper-black (or whatever that finish is called) or, if you can find them, that limited edition blue. I think that would look sick on your car. If I were to buy a new set of wheels for my car today, that's what I'd get. Oh, and you're right that they'd probably come in before my GT-C's. :frown:

J

I hope I'm wrong about your wheels... cus I'm getting tired of asking you why you still have 18's on the rear... LOL... jk... :D

Be sure to take before and after shots when you do get your wheels in. I'd like to see what the difference looks like. To be honest, I think you car look really sick with your current setup.

I've also been looking at these:
big[2].jpg

I like the thicker spokes as compared to the RE30's.

Gary, those look really good too but I'd recommend a darker finish. Either way, I'd steal them off your car while you were inside Premier Pizza eating a slice during our next meet, whenever that may be. :biggrin:

J

Gary, those look really good too but I'd recommend a darker finish. Either way, I'd steal them off your car while you were inside Premier Pizza eating a slice during our next meet, whenever that may be. :biggrin:

J

James...

I just checked with SOS and they say that these wheels can be ordered in different colors... and that the should have no issue clearing a BBK. :D But I think I will have to also order a special set of taser electrified wheel locks. LOL... :D

Last edited:
Back