Air filter options

Lol , what piping would that be? There's a hole out of the side of the airbox, from the other end you have a rubber connecting tube (about 6 inches) that goes into the throttle body (which I have had bored out).

your running a supercharger on a stock airbox??? why??? if just the airfilter made a difference think of what replaceing all that stock piping would do!!!

I have yet to see any conclusive evidence that it makes any significant difference. There have been a couple of dyno tests which have shown 1-2 hp delta's (sometimes negative), which may simply be the error tolerance on the dyno. On the other hand, improperly maintaining a high flow filter can lead to crap getting into your engine. If it made even 3-4hp difference, I'd do it, but I don't think it does, so I'd rather not take any chances.

burbel said:
I'm not willing to forego a filter entirely, but would like to get the best compromise that I can.
You might be able to gain some fraction of the 10 HP back with more surface area. Perhaps with a custom airbox that accomodates two stock filters. Since you have no engine cover, you do have a some room to work with. :)

Back