aftermarket wings

Best looking:

wing-cf-dali-type-r.image.jpg

The same wing from behind on my magnum gray pearl (you may also watch the unofficial aftermarket rear wing thread - I really don't think they *all* look stupid)

BTW: It's the Procar Specials CF copy of the original NSX-R wing.

Attachments

• magny04_03.jpg
    magny04_03.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 517
I've put a deposit down for a Dreamsportz CF replica NSX R wing..
I was thinking bout GT wing but I didnt want to lose a brake light :)

mietoe90 said:
ive been looking around at aftermarket wings, and i think they all look stupid for nsx's. any suggestions of decent wings?
I think this is the only one that really looks beautiful, whose lines integrate with those of the rest of the car, as though it was designed for the NSX instead of tacked on:

attachment.php

I had an aftermarket wing on my car for a short period of time, then I realized the stock wing just makes the lines of the car look so much nicer, so I went back to stock and was waaaaaaay happier! :)
Aaron

Ask yourself why you are looking for a new wing.
Looks or performance?

If it's just looks - I have to agree that the stock wing is the only one that compliments the natural lines of the car.

Just my opinion.:rolleyes:

I felt the same way, didn't like any of the aftermarket wings. So I added a lil e46 M3 lip to mine and I really like it. Subtle, yet sleek.... :D Plus, extra 15 hp!!! :D j/k

Regards,
- Z

Attachments

• f875f4cf.jpg
    f875f4cf.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 430
another angle...

Attachments

• f875f622.jpg
    f875f622.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 422
and from the rear... :)

Attachments

• f875d0ed.jpg
    f875d0ed.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 426
nsxtasy said:
I think this is the only one that really looks beautiful, whose lines integrate with those of the rest of the car, as though it was designed for the NSX instead of tacked on

Ken, do you really think the R-wing (designed by those wonderful Honda engineers) looks tacked on? Or do you mean the copy (although it's 100% the same AFAIK)?

Shameless Plug

Just wanted to put a plug in for the Taitec NSX-R rear spoiler that is a copy of the NSX-R prototype wing... Which happens to be for sale in the 4 sale forum...by some FlightNSX guy. ;)

It's a nice wing, but I prefer stock over this wing as well, so I am selling it... It's hard to find something that will complement the stock NSX wing.

I also get nostalgic for the third brake light integrated in the stock NSX rear spoiler... I remember back in the day the only other car with such a spoiler was the 91 to 93 Honda accord with the same L.E.D. brake light integrated in the rear spoiler. Everyone had to have one. :)

NSX-Racer said:
Ken, do you really think the R-wing (designed by those wonderful Honda engineers) looks tacked on? Or do you mean the copy (although it's 100% the same AFAIK)?
I think they both look tacked on. And tacky, too. Just my O, of course... :D

This is the Comptech Aggressor wing from wings west that was on my last NSX

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    19.9 KB · Views: 313
i think id be happier with a makeshift papermache wing than the type r wing. so i think ill stick to the stock one, but the last comptech agressor looks alright. ill probably check it out online.

i was looking for a wing for looks. i have a 93 black nsx with an aftermarket 6 speed manual, i have 17f and 18r BBS RGR wheels (which look soooo good everyone should check them out on tire rack.com) and i have borla exhaust and am pretty content with the overall exterior look (and sound :D ) of my x.

mietoe90 said:
i have borla exhaust and am pretty content with the overall exterior look (and sound :D ) of my x.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Anytime exhaust !

BTW: It's the Procar Specials CF copy of the original NSX-R wing.
Do you know if anyone has been able to retrofit a 3rd brake light into the area on the Type R wing that used to have a brake light?

This area is what I'm talking about (in case anybody is confused)

Attachments

• magny04_03.jpg
    magny04_03.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 220
I understood that question also without the pic because I asked myself the same. It should be not a big problem to include 2 wires in the process where you put the CF parts together (it's not a one part piece). The rest should be easy: cutting a long hole in this middle part and fixing a LED line with Epoxy or whatever.

Don't know if that would be enough to fullfill some rules in different countries.

Back