Aftermarket (non-bucket) seats - what fits?

I'm considering swapping in some aftermarket seats for a few reasons:

1) OEM seats, while comfortable, don't offer enough side bolstering
2) OEM seat sits too high for my taste
3) Weight savings

However, my one stipulation is that the seat back has to recline, so no buckets!

I am 6ft, 185lbs and frequent the gym. As a point of reference, the Recaro Sportster CS felt fantastic and fit my body perfectly. Then, I read somewhere that the backs are too high to fit in our cars so I'm back to the drawing board. Anyone have recommendations for aftermarket, reclinable seats that aren't too narrow and fit the NSX?

remove the center cushions and either buy a used Dali track replacement or have an upholstery shop make a thinner padded replacement.

I am curious too if there is any aftermarket seats for plus sized people. I tried sitting in type r seats at a meet and they could maybe hold half of me. I'd love to ditch some weight from my car rather than diet myself. :biggrin:

the only large aftermarket seats that i know fit comfortably (waist 36), are takata wide, buddy club p1 xl, bride zeta iii type xl, sparco evo3 - but these are all fixed-back buckets and not sure how they fit inside the nsx space. i had sparco chrono road seats which were reclining in my previous car, but i would love to have oem recaros from another honda if it's easy to install.

Last edited:
Recaro seats from a dc5 type r

I've read and seen pics of them fitting well in the NSX, but it seems to be very difficult to find them in good condition. There are several pairs of DC5 Type-R seats on eBay, but they all look suspect.

Any idea if the EP3 Type-R seats fit?

You can use bride rails and it will bolt on easily. For the seats, check out hmotorsonline or other importers. They can get some clean ones.

[MENTION=33537]8R6[/MENTION] yep. I have a set of brand new in box bride rails I was going to use for DC5 recaros for sale and I'm in socal. Send me a PM if interested.

+1 on hmotorsonline
Steve is great and has always taken care of me.
Just last year, I picked up a set of EK9 Type R Recaros from him for my Civic hatch. They were super clean.

I'm considering swapping in some aftermarket seats for a few reasons:

1) OEM seats, while comfortable, don't offer enough side bolstering
2) OEM seat sits too high for my taste
3) Weight savings

However, my one stipulation is that the seat back has to recline, so no buckets!

I am 6ft, 185lbs and frequent the gym. As a point of reference, the Recaro Sportster CS felt fantastic and fit my body perfectly. Then, I read somewhere that the backs are too high to fit in our cars so I'm back to the drawing board. Anyone have recommendations for aftermarket, reclinable seats that aren't too narrow and fit the NSX?

Sparco Milano fit without issue, recline and look good. Only issue is that you can't have the inside seat adjustment but they can't be seen anyway. They may not be available new but you can always buy mine which were in my NSX. Black Leather in excellent condition

Sorry to resurrect thread but I figure it's better to just add on than start one.

This is for Targa..

Have anyone tried Recaro Speed or Speed V?
Also how about Sparco SPX? This one almost looks like tall as Speedster CS

Back