• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

AEM Infinity options and kits for NSX by DMS Performance

A few of these kits are already on daily driven NSXs and I am working on two more applications as we speak. I am factory trained on Series 2 and the Infinity. Current kits for the NSX:

Infinity 6
Infinity 6 DBW
Infinity 8
Infinity 8 DBW
Coming soon: Infinity -812 for those of you who wish to do staged injection up to 12 injectors (2 per cylinder)

Here's a link to a thread I started showing an example of the DBW Infinity kit I offer for the NSX:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showt...finity-results?highlight=aem+infinity+results

Kit coming soon: Infinity -812

Prices on kits vary depending on options, but will include a PNP harness for your particular year. If you wish to have a custom harness made for a one-off setup it can be arranged. All (DBW) Drive-by-wire kits include throttle body adapter and throttle body. Professional installation and tuning are highly recommended.

Call 717-502-0163 if you have specific questions on any of these kits.
You can also reach via E-mail: [email protected]
Or: facebook.com/dmsperformancellc

Last edited:
Before and after comparisons from a Series 1 to the Infinity. Nothing changed on the vehicle besides management. Tuned on pump gas at the same boost level (16psi)

HP:

TQ:

Last edited:
There is such a huge difference, that's crazy. Can you elaborate on why?

I'll let dmscrx tell us more.

But I just recently read this:

Some of the big advantages of the AEM Infinity over the Series1 (as well as many other stand-alone ECUs) is first and foremost its speed. At 400 MIPS—that’s 400 million instructions per second—it’s one of the most powerful computers on the market, and nothing comes close at this price range.
The box also uses volumetric efficiency to determine proper air-to-fuel ratios for factory-like, smooth tuning. With this unit, you’ve also got traction control, a more sophisticated launch control, and also boost-by-gear tuning.
Lastly, one of the biggest things for me to want the Infinity was the fact this box is also good for Flex-fuel tuning

Source: MotoIQ

Will this be compatible with thigns like the GuageARt?

Yes it is compatible with GaugeArt, as mine is there and just not hooked up yet. Can't wait to see it working though :)

I didn't tune the series 1 on this car. Another shop did. The difference is in the tune.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll let dmscrx tell us more.

But I just recently read this:

Some of the big advantages of the AEM Infinity over the Series1 (as well as many other stand-alone ECUs) is first and foremost its speed. At 400 MIPS—that’s 400 million instructions per second—it’s one of the most powerful computers on the market, and nothing comes close at this price range.
The box also uses volumetric efficiency to determine proper air-to-fuel ratios for factory-like, smooth tuning. With this unit, you’ve also got traction control, a more sophisticated launch control, and also boost-by-gear tuning.
Lastly, one of the biggest things for me to want the Infinity was the fact this box is also good for Flex-fuel tuning

Source: MotoIQ

The processor is really fast yes, which allows the closed loop systems such as knock control(per cylinder), boost control, lambda, etc to work much faster. You are correct with your points made above but your list is a small portion of the goodies this ECU has to offer. AEM has most of the info on this ECU listed on their website.

Is there now an option to keep cruise control ? How about base maps ?
Also i have an OBD1 NA2 (euro NSX before 99 = OBD1) means 3.2l with DBW, slightly different vacuum lines and OBD1 injector plugs. I suppose i should get the OBD1 harness then ?

What is the MSRP of the kit? I think that at a minimum the MSRP should be posted, even if you are actually selling them for less than that.

This has got me honking about an infinity system now...

You know you want it :)

- - - Updated - - -

Is there now an option to keep cruise control ? How about base maps ?
Also i have an OBD1 NA2 (euro NSX before 99 = OBD1) means 3.2l with DBW, slightly different vacuum lines and OBD1 injector plugs. I suppose i should get the OBD1 harness then ?

Base maps are generated in no time at all within the software so not included. That is the beauty of VE based tuning. I can have a vehicle up and running in less than 10 minutes once the timing is sync'd. Cruise control works on the cable TBs no problem (work great on mine) DBW doesn't at the moment. It is possible to make it work but that's another day. If you have NA1 chassis then keep the throttle cable and yes use the OBD 1 harness

- - - Updated - - -

What is the MSRP of the kit? I think that at a minimum the MSRP should be posted, even if you are actually selling them for less than that.

I thought I posted the pricing?? If not, I will update the thread

- - - Updated - - -

Nice graph. What's the setup of that car? What turbo?

Those graphs are old. I had this car at over 750whp on 93 octane before issues with the engine assembly presented themselves. I am currently almost done with a complete rebuild/build and many fixes as that engine has lots of errors with assembly/machining. It will finish with the tune on a flex fuel setup with approx. 700whp on pump and over 800whp on E85. The turbo kit has the hot side too small and the intercooler is too restrictive,so I'm afraid the customer won't be making very efficient power above 800 :(

Last edited:
So, what kit and turbo was it?

I think it's Na1MT's with a lovefab system car some precision ball bearing turbo. I forget the size but there were things assembled wrong internally in the motor so it had to be disassembled and reassembled.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I see no pricing listed. I need to see so I can figure things out! ��

Last edited:
Cruise control works on the cable TBs no problem (work great on mine) DBW doesn't at the moment. It is possible to make it work but that's another day. If you have NA1 chassis then keep the throttle cable and yes use the OBD 1 harness
I have a genuine NA2, that's the thing, no cable. Waiting for a DBW solution then...

I have a genuine NA2, that's the thing, no cable. Waiting for a DBW solution then...

Solution for what? The Infinity works with the DBW setup.

- - - Updated - - -

I think it's Na1MT's with a lovefab system car some precision ball bearing turbo. I forget the size but there were things assembled wrong internally in the motor so it had to be disassembled and reassembled.

- - - Updated - - -

Also I see no pricing listed. I need to see so I can figure things out! ��

I will update this thread. AEM has changed the part numbers for the Infinity units too so I will include the new model numbers and pricing.

- - - Updated - - -

So, what kit and turbo was it?

The customer purchased a Lovefab LF1200 kit but he instead received a mashup of parts without the upgraded intercooler and a turbo that wasn't sized properly.

Seems like a pretty good graph for being not sized properly...

Yes, the power is decent but it is a lot less than it should be. I am a stickler for efficiency. I went bigger with the A/R because it was quick and easy for the customer and he gained 300rpm of spool because it lowered his ebp..shows how far off the hot side is.

- - - Updated - - -

Not completely, cruise control is missing (see my previous posts).

Oh ok, sorry I missed that. Cruise control can work but it is a feature not too many care about so I am not in a rush to get it working at the moment.

Last edited:
I've had some friends that had their AEM infinities bricked due to some sort of software glitch. Some NSX owners and some s2000 owners. Have you run into anything like this? I'd like to upgrade from my Series 1 to the Infinity system but need the reliability since I drive my car A LOT!

Back