Advice on Dash work/replacement

Howdy all. Yes, I'm still without my NSX as it sits in NJ awaiting for me to get a truck and trailer to drive out there from KS to pick it up... but, while I'm waiting for time off of work and the $$$ to get out to NJ, I am in need of some advice from some of you NSX owners who may have picked up an NSX that was in need of some "work"

The previous owner of my NSX had actually drilled through the dash to install a support for a radar detector. So, there are 2 very small holes in dead center of the middle of the dash. (looks awful) Also, it appears that up near the window he threw his belongings up there and has scratched the plates sitting just under the window.

My question is... has anyone ever had someone repair their dash or was it more cost effective to just replace it. Mind you, I can do all my own work, including removing the front windshield make for perfect fitment if I replace the whole dash or just take it out to repair it.

I have never worked with leather and most of my hotrods have easy access dash panels or pads that can be replaced for next to nothing compared to a replacement dash for the NSX.

I have posted an ad in the WTB forum but the only person I've heard from was in Puerto Rico and the cost of shipping was phenominal!

Any ideas would help. i.e. if someone has had their dash recovered?

Thank you, Jay

I have a local business called Dr Vinyl. They can make it look like brand new. Ive used them repeatadly on different projects and i cant usually even tell where the original, hole, blemesh or whatever was.
Id guess you could find somone similar by just looking in the yellow pages.

So you bought an NSX but don't have the money to go pick it up? Whats wrong with this picture? Is it sitting outside? Winter in Jersey is balmy :rolleyes:

The NSX dash looks very tightly sewn together. I've seen a vendor charge over 1k just to rewrap it. Depending on where the holes are, maybe you can get away with installing a dash pod over it? As for the metal plate just under the glass, there was a guy selling replacement pieces in the vendor section. I think it was just under $500 (you'll have to search to get an accurate price).

If replacement is what you want to do, I still have my dash. Shipping charges might be slightly lower now since fuel charges were recently decreased out here. Just let me know.

Howdy all. Yes, I'm still without my NSX as it sits in NJ awaiting for me to get a truck and trailer to drive out there from KS to pick it up... but, while I'm waiting for time off of work and the $$$ to get out to NJ, I am in need of some advice from some of you NSX owners who may have picked up an NSX that was in need of some "work"

The previous owner of my NSX had actually drilled through the dash to install a support for a radar detector. So, there are 2 very small holes in dead center of the middle of the dash. (looks awful) Also, it appears that up near the window he threw his belongings up there and has scratched the plates sitting just under the window.

My question is... has anyone ever had someone repair their dash or was it more cost effective to just replace it. Mind you, I can do all my own work, including removing the front windshield make for perfect fitment if I replace the whole dash or just take it out to repair it.

I have never worked with leather and most of my hotrods have easy access dash panels or pads that can be replaced for next to nothing compared to a replacement dash for the NSX.

I have posted an ad in the WTB forum but the only person I've heard from was in Puerto Rico and the cost of shipping was phenominal!

Any ideas would help. i.e. if someone has had their dash recovered?

Thank you, Jay

Where are you at in Kansas? I live in wichita.

Back