Advantages/Disadvantages of Having A T-Top!

If you must have an NSX-T, I would recommend that you buy a '97+. This was the year that the most significant changes to the NSX occurred. Try test driving NSXs of all years. You might discover that you like the steering feel of the '91-'94 coupes.

Hugh said:
Honda only added the T as way to boost sluggish sales. I feel that not making coupes available shortly after the T was introduced was a huge mistake on their part.

Hugh, could the same also not be said about the larger engine, 6 speed, brakes, wheels/tires, etc? I mean it seems to me that the only reason to even revamp any car, be it an exotic or an accord would be to boost or maintain sales. I agree the coupe sounds better for you, and I like them also, just not as much as the T, which suits me, uh to a T:wink:

I am not sure about the coupe mistake thing either. I mean, they brought the coupe back in 97 here, and aside from the Zanardi's how many coupes did the US market buy from then until 2002 when they dropped them? 10? 15? While I would like there to have been more on the market for those who want one now, the demand was just not there for them when they were available.

mcano said:
OK,

However, I am still apprehensive about the negative aspects of wind noise and water leaks. This was one of my issues and the reason why I posted this thread. For some of you, this has been a significant drawback.
Mario

The funny thing is, I have had zero leaks or wind noise issues with either of my T's (alhough washing it would be about the only time a water leak would show up since I do not drive in the rain). I also can not recall seeing a lot of posts about either of these issues. A few maybe, but not in any way indicating an issue with the car in these areas. It seems to me from reading these responses that the majority of people who are commenting about these issues never owned a T and currently have a couple. Could it be they are trying to convince themselves that they made the right choice by going "coupe" as I would expect the majority of comments in regards to these 2 issues to be from T owners otherwise.

After having 2 NSX's with Ttops, I've had no leaks and love the ability to have the coupe feel with the top on and the open air feeling with it off. After taking the top on and off carefully a few hundred times, I have never torn or ruined the weatherstrip and never see that happening. I could see it being torn or worn out if you weren't mindful of wear.

Coupe owners with side with the coupe and dismiss the T as having leaks, flex and the added weight, reinforcing their choice.

Targa owners with praise the benefits of the T and won't notice any drawbacks previously mentioned when cruising on a sunny day :biggrin:

If you drive a coupe and a T (97+) back to back, you'll definitely notice the bigger motor and the 6 speed trans.

Even with the minimul flex (no way to get away from that when you remove the roof on a car), it's a small trade off for the ability to have 2 different cars.

The NSX is all about handling, chassis rigidity, light aluminum construction and minimum flex. So if you want to buy the NSX for open air cruising and having the fun that any open air car can deliver, for example the excellent S2000, fine, but if you want to experience it exactly the way it was conceived and built by the obsessive compulsive, anal Honda engineers, then you have to have the coupe.:wink:

.......Or you can have Ice-T- cubes convertable!:tongue:

I've had my NSX for a few months now, and still haven't taken the top off!!!
Maybe I'll do that this weekened....

liftcontrol said:
The NSX is all about handling, chassis rigidity, light aluminum construction and minimum flex. So if you want to buy the NSX for open air cruising and having the fun that any open air car can deliver, for example the excellent S2000, fine, but if you want to experience it exactly the way it was conceived and built by the obsessive compulsive, anal Honda engineers, then you have to have the coupe.:wink:

Also, if you really want to get the true Honda experience you should sell the NSX and buy this:

Honda_Hotrod_small.gif

:biggrin:

Shumdit said:
Also, if you really want to get the true Honda experience you should sell the NSX and buy this:

Honda_Hotrod_small.gif

:biggrin:

And if you really want an open air Honda experience you should sell your NSX and buy this bad boy from Honda. As open air as it gets. Guaranteed to ruffle your fine head of hair. Broken bones and fractured skull thrown in for free:biggrin:

Attachments

• TRX90[1].jpg
    TRX90[1].jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 42
liftcontrol said:
And if you really want an open air Honda experience you should sell your NSX and buy this bad boy from Honda. As open air as it gets. Guaranteed to ruffle your fine head of hair. Broken bones and fractured skull thrown in for free:biggrin:

OOOOOH Low blow there buddy!:biggrin:
Actually that pic is only a TRX90, so my 200 lb ass will not likely be able to generate enough speed on it to ruffle my hair, and if it gets going too fast I can just straddle it and step off. Me on that thing would be something like this:
110985.jpg

:biggrin: Awesome picture. If that guy fell off that bike he would just bounce right back up.
Actually, I was just going for the most open air Honda vehicle and it was only after reading your reply that I realized that you actually may be in the sales of ATVs as per your avatar. No low blow intended:wink:

I have a T and the only time I have the top in is if its raining (I don't drive in the rain on purpose) or it's blazing hot. To me that the fun of a sports car....open air driving. I think the top is a piece of cake to take out and put on and love taking it on a long road trip.

Back