• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Advan RS & Stoptech - a go!

Tanks Tom. I just wanted to make sure that was the case as it will make my search for a second set of rims a little easier. BTW, what's the difference between the Advan RS and the RZ's. They look identical; is it weight ?

Chris,

The Advan wheels, Dunlop Direzza Star Spec Z1 tires, and new center caps are on pictures below!

Seems to look better in real life than the pictures but they are what they are!

Brembos or Stoptech next.

Thanks to Ken NSXTACY for his help as well.

Thanks Again,

Charlie

DSC_0735.jpgDSC_0712.jpgDSC_0714.jpg

DSC_0708.jpgDSC_0735.jpgDSC_0735.jpg

DSC_0698.jpgDSC_0712.jpgDSC_0714.jpg

RS (gold) and RZ (bronze):

Attachments

• 100_3081.jpg
    100_3081.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 209
  • photo(2).jpg
    photo(2).jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 245
Hey Larry

If you had to pick just one out of the 2, which one would you choose and why?

Also, are you running a BBK all the way around or just the fronts?

Hey Larry

If you had to pick just one out of the 2, which one would you choose and why?

Also, are you running a BBK all the way around or just the fronts?

Yes, I'm running Stoptechs all around thus causing me to switch rims (again).
Advans are quite light despite being casted and provide great cooling for the brakes. I use the Gold RS for street tires and the Bronze RZ for Hoosiers (no preference).

Yes, I'm running Stoptechs all around thus causing me to switch rims (again).
Advans are quite light despite being casted and provide great cooling for the brakes. I use the Gold RS for street tires and the Bronze RZ for Hoosiers (no preference).

When you say again, are you saying these Advans don't clear your rears? Or that you are now good after making a switch to these?

When you say again, are you saying these Advans don't clear your rears? Or that you are now good after making a switch to these?

On the contrary, I found the Advans RS/RZ + Volk CE28n are the only two aftermarket wheels that with clear the big Stoptechs (without running spacers). I ended up selling my two previous set of rims as a result of installing the Stoptechs (only disadvantage). Hence, I did not buy your killer BBS LMs.

Anyone want to help me out? I have an S2000 and was looking into the Stoptech 13' kit. I have Advan RS 17x8.5 +50 in the front. Anyone run that size wheel on an NSX for comparison? I'm not sure what the offset range is that you guys run.

Thanks

Anyone want to help me out? I have an S2000 and was looking into the Stoptech 13' kit. I have Advan RS 17x8.5 +50 in the front. Anyone run that size wheel on an NSX for comparison? I'm not sure what the offset range is that you guys run.

Thanks

If you already have the wheels, then it is easy to determine if the Stoptechs would fit. Just go to the Stoptech website, print out their brake caliper template, take off a wheel and check the clearance.

Back