Advan Model 5s and Kaiser Silver..wheel guru help please!

^^^ amazing!!! what finish is that !?!?!

I can't recall what they called it. I asked for bright silver and got something more like hyper silver. In any event it was a nice mistake!

photo-1-XL.jpg

I like the LM's more on your car. Maybe I'm 1 out of all of prime but I like the LM's. Both are very nice though.

I know what you mean. I think the Model 5's would look best with a BBK. The LMs just hide the brakes.

I'm a bit torn between the wheels.

love it. esp since this finish gives the wheels a constant wet look imo.

i take it that the centre caps are still left in oem silver finish?

I can't recall what they called it. I asked for bright silver and got something more like hyper silver. In any event it was a nice mistake!

photo-1-XL.jpg

I know what you mean. I think the Model 5's would look best with a BBK. The LMs just hide the brakes.

I'm a bit torn between the wheels.

That finish is incredible! What sizes/offsets are your wheels?

Thanks. I got sucked into the Model 5 thread and had to have these wheels.
They were nsxot1c's aggressive set.

Fronts: 18x9 ET35
Rears: 19x10 ET19

love it. esp since this finish gives the wheels a constant wet look imo.

i take it that the centre caps are still left in oem silver finish?

I'll snap some better pics of the wheels tonight. The pic of the wheel was taken with my cell phone. Center caps were left in OEM finish.

This car looks incredible!!!!!!

Thanks. The brakes look tiny. Definitely looking for a BBK and eyeing the ST Trophies that are local to me. Only problem is the price.:frown:

a possible stop-gap, till BBK...

How do the custom caliper-brackets w/ OEM calipers & large(r) after-market brake discs fill-out 18/19 wheel space?

I believe this can allow for ~324mm front-disc & ~330mm rear-disc. Is it possible to go w/ even larger discs?

Shopping around for the after-market discs, this would just be a smidgen over the cost of replacement OEM '97-'05 brake-discs ($$$), but much improved braking prowess & greater aesthetic/cosmetic appeal.

... and being a reversible bolt-on mod, when moving onto a BBK (namely larger after-market calipers) it's easy to re-sell the brackets/discs/etc.
Ouch! I may need to borrow some money from the "Good Doctor"!:biggrin:
Ha! I'm looking for a second-mortgage to get my own Model-5s rehabbed! :D

Last edited:
How do the custom caliper-brackets w/ OEM calipers & large(r) after-market brake discs fill-out 18/19 wheel space?

I believe this can allow for ~324mm front-disc & ~330mm rear-disc. Is it possible to go w/ even larger discs?

Shopping around for the after-market discs, this would just be a smidgen over the cost of replacement OEM '97-'05 brake-discs ($$$), but much improved braking prowess & greater aesthetic/cosmetic appeal.

... and being a reversible bolt-on mod, when moving onto a BBK (namely larger after-market calipers) it's easy to re-sell the brackets/discs/etc.
Ha! I'm looking for a second-mortgage to get my own Model-5s rehabbed! :D
You can check http://www.racingbrake.com/ if larger rotors are available.

The larger rotors only yield minimal increase in braking "power". The clamping force of the stock caliper is the same but the increase rotor diameter size yields a slight benefit in increased torque. We did the math once it was only about 10-15% improvement in braking power. Much of your performance will be from the lighter rotors and from much better cooling.

Good luck in your search!

Attachments

• 11-12-2012 1-29-20 PM.jpg
    11-12-2012 1-29-20 PM.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 285
Is that yours Ryu? Looks amazing , please post more lol

alternatives to the RacingBrake discs using custom caliper-brackets?

You can check http://www.racingbrake.com/ if larger rotors are available...
Yups, the info I stated was sourced from there.

The larger rotors only yield minimal increase in braking "power". The clamping force of the stock caliper is the same but the increase rotor diameter size yields a slight benefit in increased torque. We did the math once it was only about 10-15% improvement in braking power. Much of your performance will be from the lighter rotors and from much better cooling...
Yups, the only key benefits I was alluding to were: more cost-effective than pricier BBKs if striving towards better curbside aesthetic/cosmetic appeal (filling out "space" on 18/19 setup) while being easily re-salable & improved brake-performance due to larger brake-rotor surface area to improve cooling. Keeping the original OEM calipers & same F/R brake-bias would still maintain original braking feel/characteristics for the most part.

Poor kids. I'd go with bright silver in this case I think.

Love the color you picked Jose! Please buy that Trophy BBK and stuff it behind those wheels :biggrin: Why cut corners when you're building up your keeper exactly the way you want it?

Love the color you picked Jose! Please buy that Trophy BBK and stuff it behind those wheels :biggrin: Why cut corners when you're building up your keeper exactly the way you want it?

The CFO would not be happy.:frown:

I already have the LMs sitting there, 2 Taitec GTLWs, steering wheel and other random parts in the garage. How she puts up with my craziness is beyond me!

Last edited:
Jose,

You simply have great taste...I think I could look at a poster of your car with either the LM or the 5s and be happy be equally content with both. The 18/19 combo is undeniably awesome to look at.

Really nice!

Back