Acura might build a non hybrid NSX

It will be significantly slower in NA and won't have the ESHAWD.

I agree, get the car into production and let's see how good this thing really is.

Want to race? Go back to F1.

It will be significantly slower in NA and won't have the ESHAWD.

You really think they will race a non-hybrid if it will be slower?

I hope they do make two versions. The hybrid and a 550HP twin turbo version. Works for me.

You really think they will race a non-hybrid if it will be slower?

I hope they do make two versions. The hybrid and a 550HP twin turbo version. Works for me.

LOL no I was referring to the street version being slower. The RLX will really show the difference since it's being offered in hybrid and non hybrid application

Gonna have to TT the new one yourself lol

The car is being designed around the hybrid/AWD system so surely a non hybrid would be quite a bit less performing. Of course it's performance be better than outgoing NSX but still not what the topline would do.

Honda was getting mid 4's in a 290hp (down rated to 280 and might be less by current standards) 3100lb car. If the car has the 315/310 non hybrid engine in the base RLX and weighs less than 3000lbs since the hybrid equipment will be gone and it's target weight is 3000lbs. The car would might match the current V8 R8 in 0-60 and 1/4. Not sure what the handling would be like though a's weight distribution would have to be rebalanced.

Never know

If Honda builds a non-hybrid version, and if it's slower, then I'd hope it would be cheaper too, and maybe offer a true manual gearbox. That would make me very happy. I don't care about being the fastest car on the road because if I did, I could build a Mustang for way less $$$. Just my $0.02.

Defintely cheaper and would of course be the tuners choice. Not sure if they have the good sense to realize that.

They don't have a manual to use with that anymore unless the current J series 6spd would work with it maybe with some modification. Wow what a cool thought Honda actually offering some different versions of this next NSX.

Sorry guys, if they even do it I think this will probably be a homologation special like the NSX-R GT. SH-AWD is just too integral to the NSX powertrain concept to be easily divorced from the platform. I suppose the easiest route is a twin turbo RWD with the 7sp DCT, but you're talking a lot more cooling capacity in a engine designed for NA, plus a re-work of the entire engine for FI. That's a lot of re-design, i.e. a lot of extra R&D $$$$ for what will likely be a very limited edition model.

Instead, I think Honda is banking on race series qualifications changing to be more hybrid-friendly by the time the new NSX hits the track (2016-2018).

Sorry guys, if they even do it I think this will probably be a homologation special like the NSX-R GT. SH-AWD is just too integral to the NSX powertrain concept to be easily divorced from the platform. I suppose the easiest route is a twin turbo RWD with the 7sp DCT, but you're talking a lot more cooling capacity in a engine designed for NA, plus a re-work of the entire engine for FI. That's a lot of re-design, i.e. a lot of extra R&D $$$$ for what will likely be a very limited edition model.

Instead, I think Honda is banking on race series qualifications changing to be more hybrid-friendly by the time the new NSX hits the track (2016-2018).

Hey counselor!

I have to disagree respectfully that the powertrain is inseparable as the RLX is going to be offered w/o ESHAWD. The TL tranny could hold the base engine. If they design by committee they'll see that more than not would like a non hybrid option. This car is going to be more Honda North America than Japan and Ito who says "all must be hybrid".

They could prevent a repeat of the CRZ abysmal sales here if they take that into consideration.

My previous msg is deleted because of few words, ohh come on!

Again, lets think little bit more how i wrote it... So no bad word anymore and everyone is happy, right?

Well Im tired to read different thing about Honda.
They dont know what they are going to offer. Day after day it changed the way to go. Booring.

Too green and booring what they are right now will cost too much in the future.

Do and show again what u can!

I still believe in u. U know how to lead the way if u just want! so let get back to work :) !

I would have a hard time believing Honda would do a non-hybrid version that would be slower even if it is cheaper. What would that mean? A 90K sports car that is slower than a $25K Mustang?

If they release a non-hybrid version, it has to perform. my 2 cents.

Well I don't know...electric powered cars are the way of future so...

Even Ferrari F70 will have KERS so I don't know why Honda would wanna go for conventional.

I would have a hard time believing Honda would do a non-hybrid version that would be slower even if it is cheaper. What would that mean? A 90K sports car that is slower than a $25K Mustang?

If they release a non-hybrid version, it has to perform. my 2 cents.

I can't see how it would be slower than a Mustang GT. The current GT is just now matching the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times of the NA2 that's been gone for almost 10yrs now. People still confuse a high HP number with better performance and that isn't the case with all the new tech. These new DSG's and launch control make cars unbelievably quick.

For instance the new 911 Carrera has 20 "less" hp than the Mustang GT yet still is a full sec faster to 60.

Look for a non hybrid NSX at 3000 or less lbs to be in R8 V8 territory. The new car will be lighter with 40 more hp even in NA and a better tranny. I wouldn't underestimate it.

My previous msg is deleted because of few words, ohh come on!

Again, lets think little bit more how i wrote it... So no bad word anymore and everyone is happy, right?

Well Im tired to read different thing about Honda.
They dont know what they are going to offer. Day after day it changed the way to go. Booring.

Too green and booring what they are right now will cost too much in the future.

Do and show again what u can!

I still believe in u. U know how to lead the way if u just want! so let get back to work :) !

This is unrelated but do you have a large photo of your avatar anywhere?

I can't see how it would be slower than a Mustang GT. The current GT is just now matching the 0-60 and 1/4 mile times of the NA2 that's been gone for almost 10yrs now. People still confuse a high HP number with better performance and that isn't the case with all the new tech. These new DSG's and launch control make cars unbelievably quick.

For instance the new 911 Carrera has 20 "less" hp than the Mustang GT yet still is a full sec faster to 60.

Look for a non hybrid NSX at 3000 or less lbs to be in R8 V8 territory. The new car will be lighter with 40 more hp even in NA and a better tranny. I wouldn't underestimate it.

If they decide to do a NA NSX 2.0 for around $100 grand, and it can match the latest 911CS, I'll buy one. Not sure if I want to buy a hybrid car and keeping my fingers crossed hoping for the battery to last for 20 plus years.

Want to race? Go back to F1.

No! No! No!

F1 is a candy ass sissy fest. If Honda were smart they would field a NASCAR Honda Accord or an equivalent Acura and hopefully win a bunch of races. That would definitely get things going sales wise.

Back