Accord Coupe - Uglier than Aztek?

Soichiro,

I think that the new Accord is very Ugly, infact i wanted to start a simular thread, but i didn't think that i could take the heat from all the flaming!!! Though the flaming hasn't been as bad as i thought it would be:).
The new Accord makes me Embarrassed to be a Honda Fan/Enthusiast!

Here is IMO on the evolution of the New Accord:

The 2nd Gen Mits Eclipse... it is a very attractive car....

The Merc Cougar... a messed up/ugly version of the 2g Eclipse!....

The New Accord coup... a messed up/ugly version of the Cougar:o !!!

When the first Cougar came out I thought that it was a very Ugly car, and now the new Accord coup reminds me of an even Uglier Cougar!!! Does anyone else see this??

But at the end of the day, I still have to give Honda credit for all the power/quality that they put into It;) .

nsxn8 said:
Soichiro,

I think that the new Accord is very Ugly, infact i wanted to start a simular thread, but i didn't think that i could take the heat from all the flaming!!! Though the flaming hasn't been as bad as i thought it would be:).
The new Accord makes me Embarrassed to be a Honda Fan/Enthusiast!

Here is IMO on the evolution of the New Accord:

The 2nd Gen Mits Eclipse... it is a very attractive car....

The Merc Cougar... a messed up/ugly version of the 2g Eclipse!....

The New Accord coup... a messed up/ugly version of the Cougar:o !!!

When the first Cougar came out I thought that it was a very Ugly car, and now the new Accord coup reminds me of an even Uglier Cougar!!! Does anyone else see this??

But at the end of the day, I still have to give Honda credit for all the power/quality that they put into It;) .

Mr. Sensitive,

There has never been any flaming going around here. Realistically, if you don't like the desgin of a particular car, go design a better one and if you can't, don't bash on the current one.

The new Accord coupes design is why I like Honda so much; it keeps it simple (isn't that one of there mottos? Keep It Simple?). Anyway I think they look great. Very Sleek. I recently saw a charcol grey lowered on some clean, 17 inch six star wheels and it was very tight. Have you driven the 6 speed with the V6? It packs quite a punch! I would love to have one for a daily driver.

I really don't see how you can say it is ugly...
Like I said, one reason I like Honda is because their designs are clean and simple. Pontiac (among others) tries to be very "radical" in their designs and they clutter the car with sharply contrasting body molding. Yuk.

I have a 6-speed coupe with stock 17" rims, wider tires (225),
black, tinted and lowered 1.5" and I think it looks as good as it runs. And man, does it run: 0-60 in the mid sixes, 1/4 mile in the
low 14's. It also has the best intake growl at VTEC since the NSX.
As for the styling, I must admit it had to grow on me at first but know I really like it. It needs to have at least 17" wheels and to be lowered, IMO.:mad:

>>Realistically, if you don't like the desgin of a particular car, go design a better one and if you can't, don't bash on the current one.

This is nonsense. It's fun to discuss the pros and cons of various designs and there is no need to build my own car to do so. I'm currently looking at coupes which started my thoughts on this thread - I wish I could find a car with the exterior looks of the G35, the interior of an Audi and the build quality of a Honda. I'll keep looking and keep discussing until I've found the compromise that suits me.

Now this is ugly!!

Attachments

• z90.jpg
    z90.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 233
Soichiro said:
[BThis is nonsense. It's fun to discuss the pros and cons of various designs and there is no need to build my own car to do so. I'm currently looking at coupes which started my thoughts on this thread - I wish I could find a car with the exterior looks of the G35, the interior of an Audi and the build quality of a Honda. I'll keep looking and keep discussing until I've found the compromise that suits me. [/B]

You're right. I did go a little overboard with that comment. I, too, think it's fun to discuss pros and cons of various designs, not just cars. I don't think I'm a die hard Honda fan (or maybe I am? ;) ) While the Accord sedan is visually disappointing but the coupe is really nice. Is it growing on you a little yet?

Bell turbo B18C1 said:
I bet the Insight is lighter than a CRX or hatch!!!!! :D

It is, the Insight is much lighter. I had an Insight and a CRX... getting in the CRX after driving the Insight made it feel like a TANK. The doors are like feathers on the Insight. ~1800lb's vs. ~2200lbs (CRX Si). Very nice little car, just turned out it wasn't my style....sold it and got a GSR. The GSR actually goes when you push on the throttle.. :) I thought about tweakin the Insight before I sold it, but it would have proven to be very time consuming and expensive.

The interior of the Accord is wonderful and dang near perfect. I prefer the sedan to the coupe. But they focked the whole sedan up with that jacked up rear.

The Accord coupe is too big and plain ol ugly.

While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I think there are cars a lot uglier than the accord coupe. I think it looks great, but I am partial cause I have had three 2nd gen Legend Coupes, IMO one of the best looking coupes on the road!

What are you comparing it to? For as little as 21k, what else do you think you could get for that price that would be better? The redesign is very appealing visually, but they didn't go overboard. They could have made it a little more flashy (not so boring as others have stated), but that would raise the price up.

Back