Accord Coupe - Uglier than Aztek?

I saw an Accord coupe today and boy is it ugly. It has not grace at all. When you look at where it came from (mighty Honda) and the class it competes in (stylish coupes like G35 albeit at more money, but does style cost anything?) you have to wonder what Honda was thinking.

The Aztek, ugly as it is, is a people mover from GM. We expect no less from these morons in this category.

Uglier than Aztek?
Hell no. Boring maybe, perhaps even bland, but nothing is uglier than GM cars!
puke.gif

Man, where have you been? The Accord coupe has been all over the street for how long now. While the front is not that good looking but the back is absolutely gorgeous. Especially the rear lights, slap on a Mercedes badge and you'll get the look of an SL. Bottom line, the Accord was never designed to compete with the G35, at 10k+ more, Honda's response is the TL.

def' a CLK-analogue...

hmm... The new gen' Accord coupe has a similar look to the new gen' CLK-MercedesBenz. I think some auto-magazine State-side also did a feature w/ them two compared head-to-head. :)

I do however, think the new Accord sedan is terrible. The sleekness of the Accord Coupe was totally ruined in the sedan, again, especially in the rear tail lights (which somehow appear upside-down to me).

photo_01_large.jpg

I think the Accord Coupe looks pretty slick (being a bit biased I suppose since I have a CLK and they are quite similar at a glance), perhaps they could have added a little more flavor to it, but far from hideous, IMO.

Soichiro said:
I saw an Accord coupe today and boy is it ugly. It has not grace at all. When you look at where it came from (mighty Honda) and the class it competes in (stylish coupes like G35 albeit at more money, but does style cost anything?) you have to wonder what Honda was thinking.

The Aztek, ugly as it is, is a people mover from GM. We expect no less from these morons in this category.

Uglier than the Aztek? Can anyone make anything that competes in terms of ugly?.. (In reference to the Aztek.)
I do agree, the new Accord coupe is a$$-ugly, IMO! I drool every time I see the prior models, though.

Re: Re: Accord Coupe - Uglier than Aztek?

blown1981 said:
Uglier than the Aztek? Can anyone make anything that competes in terms of ugly?.. (In reference to the Aztek.)
I do agree, the new Accord coupe is a$$-ugly, IMO! I drool every time I see the prior models, though.

I still contend the only thing in recent release that deserves a mention in the same breath as the Aztek is this feat of ugliness by Subaru (king of the hideous vehicle, IMO)

SUBBAJA1.jpg

I love the new Accord 2dr, I even liked the old one. I think the new body is meaner, and to know that a 240bhp mated to a 6 speed lurks underneath, it looks even meaner. Throw a set of springs and 19's on it and it rocks! stock = 14.5 @ 95 = not too shabby. Blows away the old CL type S with less power.

I know people have different tastes but calling it ugly is just too extreme. Look closer...

Attachments

• photo_05_popup.jpg
    photo_05_popup.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 381
and this. I really think it looks more like the SL than the CLK but nonetheless, the Accord coupe is one beautiful car.

Attachments

• sl_500.jpg
    sl_500.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 387
nice images NSXjoy...

hmmm... nice images posted 'NSXjoy'...! A "friend" of mine about a yr ago got the newer gen' Accord Coupe; and when i saw in person the newer gen' CLK (coupe` not conv.), I was really impressed w/ the Honda. Oh yea, the CLK - Accord Coupe similarities are w/ the C-pillars and rear quarter panel, etc. The SL (again, I am being subjective) is much much much more aggressive. Mix a wide-body aftermarket kit on the Accord, and it'll be SL'esque.

As always, it's appreciated in person (to compare & contrast amongst models of diff car makes). . .
:)

I think the accord coupe is great looking.... better than the new solara...

but the accord sedan is LAME.

NetViper said:
I think the accord coupe is great looking.... better than the new solara...
At fist glance the new Solara is a Accord wanna be!! After that glance it is really ugly. IMPO - the 00-02 Accord Coupe was the best looking years of that model line.

I think the Insight is beautiful. No accounting for personal taste! And the new Solara is terrible, fat and pregnant in a way that recalls another ugly Toyota the Lexus SC with the folding hardtop.

I like the new Accord. But I like the old generation better (1998-2002).

The sedan has grown on me as well... it used to look ugly to me.

I like the Insight...

The new Solara is ugly. It looks like the old Hyundai Tiburon.