about to pull the trigger - any info? VIN: JH4NA1152MT002113

CStricker: Oops, you are correct, sorry golfnutintib! Edited :)

Still pretty happy with the purchase as I expected repairs/problems to be necessary, just sad that I can't drive it right now. I keep going down to the garage to look at it. Can't wait until it's fixed and road worthy - rusted_nailz you are correct, these throttle cables seem hard to find. Hoping Don has his ways/connections.

CStricker, will definitely keep an eye out for you! what are you driving around town? :)

Anyhow, thanks for all the feedback everyone. brb, about to head down to the garage to sit in the NSX, turn the steering wheel back and forth, and make vroom vroom noises with my mouth..

Last edited:
Congratulations! ! Love sebring NSxs!
Enjoy the car in good health!!
I picked up a low mile 93 about a month ago, loved every minute of it.

Is there anything the dealer can do to compensate since the purchase was so recent?

Nah, I used the PPI as basis to knock down the asking price quite a bit, and the throttle cable snapping is just bad luck (I don't think I could have expected them to know about this), so I'm not going to push it. They did throw in 25% labor and 10% parts discount if I service the NSX there as part of negotiations, but... I'll pay a little extra for the peace of mind and service that Don @ Hilltop Auto provides. :) Dropped her off with Don this morning, looking forward to getting the car back nice and refreshed! (Getting the throttle cable fixed, along with the other items found during the PPI)

Congratulations! ! Love sebring NSxs!
Enjoy the car in good health!!
I picked up a low mile 93 about a month ago, loved every minute of it.

Thanks stook2003! How's the 93 treating you so far? Any issues or repairs you had to do? running like a dream? :) Would love to see some pictures if you have any!

Last edited:
Congrats and welcome to NSX ownership, sorry to hear about your mishap. Hopefully Don will have the car back on the road soon, glad you were around town when that cable busted, imagine if you had to drive the car to another state when picking her up. I wonder if this cable should be part of the replacement maintenance for 20+ year old car! wonder why it just snap? Please keep us inform regarding cable.

Congratulations K!
I am very happy for you that you finally obtained your grail. Now, you can stop asking me if I'll sell you my car (haha, I kid, I kid).
I look forward to meeting up with you soon to check out your two babies, this one and the Lotus Evora.
Let me know when you are able to meet up for lunch next week.

Best regards,
J.

Congrats on your new car. I also have a Sebring NSX amd live in Redwood City (Shores), see you around!

riddl3r: whoa, weird. no, it is not back on the market - it is still with Don @ Hilltop auto. the consignment shop must have some script autoposting the listing or something.. hmm.

one suspicious thing that this listing reminded me of - while don confirmed that the tb/wp had been updated, the consignment shop was unable to tell me when it was done. yet they know exactly what mileage it was done at (33703mi). fishy..

either way, can't wait to get the car back! the wait is agonizing. :)

EySOrhc.jpg

Last edited:
Congrats on your new car. I also have a Sebring NSX amd live in Redwood City (Shores), see you around!

I am also in redwood shores by the water (near davit), hope see you around! :D

fwiw, for anyone following, don updated me and let me know he got the throttle cable fixed. not sure where he found the part, if he built it off a rebuild kit, etc - will ask next time and update this post. :)

Fixed a throttle cable in an old beetle years ago with a tandem bicycle brake cable. Pictures look similar to the head on the one you provided. Possible fix?

For anyone still following/interested, I just discovered some interesting developments today.

I got the carfax to the car, and noticed a service entry from acura of stockton. I gave them a call, gave them the VIN, and the very nice man on the other end of the phone told me he knew the car / owner well, and that this car was very well taken care of! He gave me the news, and all the service history on it.

The Good: The car was very well maintained, and at 33.7k miles (around Jan of 2013), it had its timing belt, water pump, all coolant hoses, brake master cylinder etc (due to a small leak) replaced, along with new spark plugs, and a valve adjustment. The oil light was also flickering a bit, so that was repaired/replaced along with a new oil pump unit. Hood struts were also weak, so they were replaced as well.

The Bad: Apparently, the car was broken into and stolen, but immediately recovered. The door locks were damaged in the process, which was fixed and repaired.

Misc: First owner had it in scottsdale, AZ up until 29k miles, and then a second owner bought it in SF up until it was sold to me recently. All emissions/smog tests in its life passed.

All in all, the call gave me a big sense of 'peace of mind', knowing when the belts/hoses/pumps were done, and the service manager I spoke with assured me he knew the owner/car, and it was very well maintained and taken care of. He told me "your money was well spent, the previous owner put a lot of money in this car keeping it new, you practically got a new nsx!"

Sweet :) Now, just have to wait to get it back from Don! :D

Last edited:
That's great news K!
You lucked out with this one.
Congrats!

she's back!! :)

so excited. clutch still takes a little getting used to, i seem to have the kind of nsx that shudders a bit during engagement. giving it more gas helps, though - perhaps i am a bit too light on the throttle. does it worst when feathering the 2nd gear engagement. no slippage or chatter/grinding though.

had a nice drive back down from daly city, to mountain view, then back up home in stop and go traffic via el camino to redwood city. car drove like a champ.

childhood dream car, achievement unlocked!

sn3NbKc.jpg

81SXx9u.jpg

tsy73tP.jpg

I will get some POV video of it with google glass later tonight :)

Car looks awesome! Glad you funally got it home.
Also good to know all the major works have been done. Previous owner on my car changed the timing belt without water pump to save a few bucks :(.

Last edited:
Car looks awesome! Glad you funally got it home.
Also good to know all the major works have been done. Previous owner on my car changed the timing belt without water pump to save a few bucks :(.

Thanks Stook2003! Yeah, it was a huge relief to hear, but alas, I feel I may have to do my clutch in a few months, the shuddering is kind of getting to me, haha. I guess this is part of owning a 22-23 year old car though, it's a constant labor of love! Totally worth it, though. :) ... and changing the timing belt without doing the WP? Ugh, what a waste of labor - just to save a few bucks :( Sorry to hear.

btw, got some video with google glass today (below). Most of the rattles and squeaks are coming from the squeaky seat leather, or the dash up front, which I figure some WD40 will take care of nicely. I am super impressed that when I go over speedbumps/driveways, there is no flex or creaking whatsoever.

Last edited:
Back