? about how and where to get loan for NSX

Well I have my 5 cents to add as well.The company that I went through for my X that i am about to get is called jjbest.com . they will finance any car as old as 1900. and no that was not a typo. :biggrin: so lets all buy motorized carriages lol.That would defiantly turn more heads. err any way i digress try jjbest if u really wanna. that was my nickle on the subject.

Starbai,

New member here (but an NSX lover for 15 years). When and where did you find that '03 NSX? 40K is exactly what I want to spend.

i found it right here on prime, but it wasn't 40k, it was 53k (I was "putting down" the rest in cash)

I've been looking for a long time for my NSX, and if that stuff didn't come up, I'd have one right now, but it is what it is.

Long story short i've been watching values of this car for years now, and you can find an 02+ NSX for 40k if you look hard enough but it will be upwards of 70k miles. of coruse there are exceptions out there but on average thats what they'll be for that price range.

50k+ should get you under 40k miles.

I just hope there will be enough low mileage examples still out there when I'm ready in a year or so.

Last edited:
Hey guys sorry its been a while since Ive posted, anyways >>I Wasn't able to take the trip out to see and inspect the car personally this week (too many tests) but the guy did send me more pics so I will def post them here asap and hopefully you guys can tell me if its worth 14k // na2forme I was looking at jj'sbest as well but didn't know how legit it was?> but if you went through them then It should be straight! Thanks

if you cannot afford an NSX for $14k, you will be in trouble when you need:

a clutch job: ~30% of the purchase price.
timing belt service: ~ 10% of the purchase price.
tires: ~ 7 % of the purchase price every ~10k miles.
and any other random stuff you will need to fix on a rebuilt 93 NSX.....

good luck, my 2 cents, dont over extend yourself.

You would have to be an idiot to pay the prices quoted above. Shop around and you can get a much better deal. :rolleyes:
If you don't work on cars yourself find a mechanic you can trust. I would say the most important part of woning a car like this is knowing how to do the work yourself or knowing someone that you can trust with a car such as the NSX. I would never trust an Acura dealership based on previous experiences with dealerships (including Acura).
To the op: expect to pay nearly half of what was quoted. If you drive like a maniac or don't have an updated alingment then you will have to replace tires every 10k miles. Drive normal and you can easily go 20k miles.
For $14k you can put the purchase on a credit card with a low fixed rate. Wait for a 3.9% offer or similar. If you don't have enough credit established then see if your parents can float the loan on their card since $14,000 is such a good deal if it passes your inspection.
I know a member who had his mechanic get an NSX for around the same price as the one you are interested in. It had a few issues that needed to be fixed but it had a solid engine. The owner simply "had to sell it fast".
With the money you are saving by buying a $14,000 car you can pay cash for several nice mods once you start replacing parts that are worn.

my .02

BTW - I also bought what I consider a "fixer upper" NSX, though I paid MUCH more than $14,000. PM me if you have questions.

Here are the pics guys! > lemme know what you think!

Attachments

• get-attachm131ent.jpg
    get-attachm131ent.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 131
  • get-attachment.jpg
    get-attachment.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 120
  • get-attachmryrrent.jpg
    get-attachmryrrent.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 190
  • get-attachmryyrent.jpg
    get-attachmryyrent.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 94
  • get-attachtetement.jpg
    get-attachtetement.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 132
  • get-attacretehment.jpg
    get-attacretehment.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 99
  • get-attacsshment.jpg
    get-attacsshment.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 140
  • get-attacuuhment.jpg
    get-attacuuhment.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 113
  • get-attaggchment.jpg
    get-attaggchment.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 155
Here are the pics guys! > lemme know what you think!

Sorry dude, but that is a hot mess. I take back everything I said about $14000 being good for a fixer upper. That is close to just being a parts car.
You will be spending several thousand dollars just to get the interior and body to an acceptable standard. By the looks of the pics it would be $10k - 15k imo. That doesn't include any of the interior work that will need to be done. It will need mechanical and electrical work that could reach up into high thousands.
You would be better off getting a car in the mid $20s that is in acceptable condition.

ahh my dreams r crushed lol. :rolleyes:> no but honestly Iv been thinking about walking away so I probablyyyyy shoullddd lol.....looks like its a bimmer for now but eh I tried lol> Thanks every1 for helping out, it was appriciated! def alot of knowledable people on here and you guys probably saved me from a money pit !:eek:

ahh my dreams r crushed lol. :rolleyes:> no but honestly Iv been thinking about walking away so I probablyyyyy shoullddd lol.....looks like its a bimmer for now but eh I tried lol> Thanks every1 for helping out, it was appriciated! def alot of knowledable people on here and you guys probably saved me from a money pit !:eek:

When you get tired of German engineering (breaking down) come back and get a NSX. You will never regret it.

If you're looking at the same type of BMW that the NSX you considered, you're going to be in the same situation or worse.

Sorry.

If you're looking at the same type of BMW that the NSX you considered, you're going to be in the same situation or worse.

Sorry.

Nah its new 325i > I did see and have been talking to a guy that has a 01 black nsx for sale in Canada for 17k American // When I looked up the VIN it actually came up on this site and I guess someone on here had been talking to him previously and actually test drove it but ended up walking away from it for some reason.

Nah its new 325i > I did see and have been talking to a guy that has a 01 black nsx for sale in Canada for 17k American // When I looked up the VIN it actually came up on this site and I guess someone on here had been talking to him previously and actually test drove it but ended up walking away from it for some reason.

Hope you find something that fits your needs and pleases you in the end. You'll do fine and you can get that NSX at a later date.

Best of luck.

Find a nice S2000

Pentagon Federal Credit Union is a great place to get loans. You just join up by donating $20 to some charity,and , deposit $5 and they have great rates.
I did auto finance for a living for a while and most lenders have tiered rates relative to your credit score, advance relative to book value , etc. Pentagon (uses strictly your Equifax score by the way) has no tiers. You either qualify or you don't. And if you qualify and you are a 690 you get the same rate as a guy with a 800 score. My rate is 4.64 for 60 months on my 1996. That was two years ago.
Most primary and secondary lenders in the auto loan business will not loan money on a vehicle that is not a 2001 or newer. If I remember correctly, as long as the unit you are looking at has less than 100k miles & clean title, they will finance it and I believe they will finance a 1991. My car is a 1996.
Another great thing about them is that they open at like 7a.m. EST and are open til 1a.m.EST as they are helping servicemen from overseas, and they are open on Saturdays. Take care.

Last edited:
question about the penfed. You have to qualify into the top 7 ways to join right? 3.9% apr you cant beat that. nvm donated!

Last edited:
Its a Shame the that the main objective is to have a manual. I sold mine for 13,000 to car max. No one was even calling when I had mine for sale @ 16K here on prime. I had a new TB/WB AC servive and all kinds of other repairs. The car ran great. You need to look here for your car, so you know that its been maintained properly.

wow... those photos... :eek:

You can find a 91-93 NSX with 150k for around $21k. Just save up and do that, its not like the engine will take a dump on you at 175k.

I remember a few years ago there was a Canadian NSX that had somewhere around 250k miles on it (if not more), and it was still running strong. Anyone else remember that?

Its a Shame the that the main objective is to have a manual. I sold mine for 13,000 to car max. No one was even calling when I had mine for sale @ 16K here on prime. I had a new TB/WB AC servive and all kinds of other repairs. The car ran great. You need to look here for your car, so you know that its been maintained properly.

And now there attempting to sell your car a few miles away from me in CA for $20k! I know the economy is bad but i would of thought youd get at least, at least $16-17 for it.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...rs=&max_price=20000&cardist=26&standard=false

USAA financed mine at 6% when it was 11 years old with over 120k miles.

Back