• ***AVOID MARKETPLACE SCAMS!!***

Scammers are using compromised Prime member accounts to pose as a trusted seller in the marketplace. Before you enter into a deal with any seller, follow these tips to keep yourself safe. If you encounter one of these scammers, please report them immediately and we will lock their account.

Caveat Emptor!

a NSX done well: ScienceofSpeed supercharged, Stoptech w/ Factory Wheels

[Congratulations to new the owner. I would like to hear his impressions of the car once he received it back.<O:p</O:p
[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

I think the car was delivered last week, I'll drop him an e-mail.

-- Chris

DOH!!! I opened the thread and saw the pics...now my wallet is running scared...those brakes look sexy and should fit nicely under my 17/17 TE37's...

must...fight.....temptation....house needs new fence....

Conroe, tx?

Hmmmm. I can only think of one red nsx in Conroe. I'm going to give him a call but I'm pretty sure it's not him.

Car looks great

I was thinking the same thing, but he would definitely not go for the "stock" look so it must be another one.

All of us at ScienceofSpeed are very saddened to report that David Stansbury, the owner of this car, passed two weeks ago from pancreatic cancer. He apparently did not speak openly about his illness, and completing this NSX to his idea of perfection was an important goal before his illness progressed. I would say he met his goal - the project left quite an impression on us of how a NSX tuned with an emphasis on balance can yield the perfect NSX.

Unfortunately, David never had the chance to drive his NSX before his disease progressed. I had met David and his wife about 2 months ago, and he seemed to be in excellent health. He was very excited to drive his "new" NSX. While he visited, I asked if he'd like to drive the car (it was complete awaiting some final emissions testing). He thought about it, and you could tell he was very excited, but declined for his own reasons. I regret that I didn't encourage him more to drive it that day. I hope that through the photos, and my feedback of the car that I wrote about here on NSXPrime, he was able to get an impression of how he was able to achieve - the perfect NSX. S. Honda would have been proud. I imagine the two of them chatting away about everything NSX right now and it makes me smile.

Some very generous local NSX owners helped his wife and sister replace his battery a few days ago so that the car could be driven. I heard that his wife and sister were planning on taking the car out to share the experience of what David had built. I hope they will accept the invitation to join local NSX owners for a planned lunch and drive.

So long David, a gentle man and a gentleman.

-- Chris

wow that is unbelievable Chris..we give our sympathy to his family.Hopefuly the nsx will be a loving rememberence of him.

What a nice build and sad ending all in one. I am saddened to hear about this and wish the family all the best during this time of loss. I hope driving the NSX will bring them some joy and help them understand our love and passion towards this special car, just like it would have for the owner.
John

Very sad to hear this news. Especially after reading he didn't take the opportunity to drive how well he achieved his goal. Hopefully he followed this thread. Our condolences to the family.

My condolences to his family.
Even if he did not drive it, he knew it was done.

The picture of his NSX against the concert wall has been my desktop since I first saw the picture. I will think of him fondly everytime I see.
He is in a much better place now!

My condolences to his family also. Well, he did own and got to experience (ENJOY) one of the best car ever made, even before the up-grades.

Last edited:
My sincere condolences to the family. Tragic ending to a wonderful dream. I know from my wife, Laurie, who runs Pancreatic Cancer Canada, that Davids story is all too familiar to those with the disease.
Our thoughts are with the family.

Laurie and Jim

That is very tragic to hear, my sincerest condolences to his family. In my heart I wish he had taken it for one last spin. Hopefully the mother and daughter will be able to drive it and remember his soul and car as something they/he loved.

A good friends father passed of pancreatic cancer, seemingly once diagnosed there is little they can do and is very fast to deteriorate the body.

I'm sat hear and feel very saddened by the news.

I'd read with interest your original post when it was first posted. It got me to thinking about the Stoptech's again. As a package this NSX seems to tick every box. I hope his family keep and enjoy it in David's memory.

My prayers to his family

regards, Paul

What a fantastic build and what a tragic story. I hope that his family will get the enjoyment from that fantastic car and feel happy knowing that they are carrying on one his dreams.

Regards,

AR

Sorry to hear the news my condolences to his family. I also really hope they keep the car in memory of the owner and I'm sure someone will love this car as much as the owner did. :smile:

Very sorry to hear of David's passing. my thoughts and prayer will be with his family.

Back