A new member, an old friend and an invitation!!!

The new member:

My name is Todd Palmer hailing from Miami Florida. I am a life long NSX fan and now am the proud owner of 2, a red 91 and a silver 93.

The old friend:
I am the proud owner of Allan's "Old Honda", from what I can tell has been on this forum for over a decade. She is alive and well, maybe better than she ever has been :) She lost about 40 lbs of electronic spaghetti (However I must say very very well installed spaghetti), had lots of past due maintenance, some new shoes, picked up an AEM series 2, some lager injectors and some long overdue tuning. The old turbos have been removed for the moment as I believe the best tunes for boost are 1st done naturally aspirated and then add boost and tune the pressure section of the maps. New larger turbos will be going in the next week or two :) I will be running 8 lbs and hoping to net 400ish at the wheel.

The invite:
I am currently just a breath away from opening Miami's Premier Do-It-Yourself garage, called Garage Yourself. We have 8000 sq ft filled with 10 2 post lifts, one 4 post lift, a fabrication shop, tire machines, all the tools you could want and a Dyno Dynamics dyno.

I would love to have an NSX dyno/mod day just to meet the other local NSX fanatics, you will be welcome to the dyno, lifts and tools and in return I would like your permission to take and use pictures of the day (Facebook, website, etc....).

So, if there is interest in doing this please post it up and we can work on setting a date :)

You can see pictures of the shop on FB at:

https://www.facebook.com/GarageYourself?fref=ts

The new member:

My name is Todd Palmer hailing from Miami Florida. I am a life long NSX fan and now am the proud owner of 2, a red 91 and a silver 93.

The old friend:
I am the proud owner of Allan's "Old Honda", from what I can tell has been on this forum for over a decade. She is alive and well, maybe better than she ever has been :) She lost about 40 lbs of electronic spaghetti (However I must say very very well installed spaghetti), had lots of past due maintenance, some new shoes, picked up an AEM series 2, some lager injectors and some long overdue tuning. The old turbos have been removed for the moment as I believe the best tunes for boost are 1st done naturally aspirated and then add boost and tune the pressure section of the maps. New larger turbos will be going in the next week or two :) I will be running 8 lbs and hoping to net 400ish at the wheel.

The invite:
I am currently just a breath away from opening Miami's Premier Do-It-Yourself garage, called Garage Yourself. We have 8000 sq ft filled with 10 2 post lifts, one 4 post lift, a fabrication shop, tire machines, all the tools you could want and a Dyno Dynamics dyno.

I would love to have an NSX dyno/mod day just to meet the other local NSX fanatics, you will be welcome to the dyno, lifts and tools and in return I would like your permission to take and use pictures of the day (Facebook, website, etc....).

So, if there is interest in doing this please post it up and we can work on setting a date :)

You can see pictures of the shop on FB at:

https://www.facebook.com/GarageYourself?fref=ts

Welcome and congrats. The "Garage Yourself" Idea reminds me of the hobby shops we have on some of the bases, where you bring your car in rent tools and lift(if needed) and do what you need to do. I love it.

Awesome idea.. As a shop owner.. That's a great idea.. But isn't it little bit risky? Insurance wise.

Hey Swap

You've got 2 huh? I looked at one in Naples this morning. I just joined over here to do a little research. I ran into a low mile 96.
Good luck with the new venture.

fltsfshr

How much do you charge per hour? Even though you're over an hour drive from me I'd love to have access to lift for some of my DIY work.

Just met Todd today at Palm Beach International Raceway. Super great guy and really glad to hear his shop is successful. I will have to check it out and use his services one of these days...

2 nsx's that's the new standard bro. 3 is fun 4 is best.

- - - Updated - - -

I forget who has 5 damn it I have lost half my brain this week cant remember anything

any docs avail Im having heart issues too I think Im gonna die soon not kidding

- - - Updated - - -

knock on wood

Last edited:
Welcome and congrats. The "Garage Yourself" Idea reminds me of the hobby shops we have on some of the bases, where you bring your car in rent tools and lift(if needed) and do what you need to do. I love it.

Hey Nukem, as a military brat, we used those shops extensively. My Fiats were always breaking down and I was resourceful. I remember the chit system.

Thanks for the good memory.

Fiats breaking down?? I had 3 of them way back, and quickly learned what Fiat stood for . . . Fix It Again Tomorrow :biggrin: Had a 850 Spyder, 124 Spyder, and then the X 1/9. All fund to drive, when you weren't fixing them !!! Good memories though.

Back