A New (burnt) Nsx Owner

Hi It is no scam. The car is very much worth fixing. After weighing my options I feel it is better to pass the car on to someone who has better facilities to repair this car properly. Quite a bit has already been done to the car but still needs a shop (read lift) to properly remove the contents of the engine bay and paint the bay interior back to new condition. The electrical will take patience and knowlege (read time). but when done the car will look and drive as a 2000 model with 21,000 miles for a lot less money than the alternative.

hey im interested in how much you got it for? did you check the engine for compression?

guy was asking 27K then someone stole his supercharger that he had just laying around in the garage and he dropped the price down to 21k.

even at that price, i would not have touched the car as it could very easy have a warped engine and frame. I offered him 21K for the car with the SC and he should have taken it. I dont know how much he sold the car for but if you bought it at any where close to 21K, your going to take a loss and he has already taken a big loss. Regardless of how restored the car is, it will always have a fire damaged salvage title and everyone that owns or is going ot buy an nsx is going to be on prime and a simple vin search will show the history.

did you get a free engine also in the rear clip?

also if the ecu was chipped i dont think it would be any good. the fire came in through the harness hole in the fire wall and licked the ecu right up to the harness. silicone does tend to melt under heat.

hey if you want to sell it, when you run out of money or the task gets too daunting let me know. :biggrin: ill make that baby in to a proper track only nsx. My plan was to strip everything and have it as an empty shell track only car.

this baby is a money pit and has claimed its first victim

Time to step up to the plate!:biggrin: :biggrin:

Just a quick update...The car is now at COMPTECH getting the engine/supercharger repaired and the paint work will be done while the engine and tranny are out.
Stay tuned.

Only the top (blower) half was stolen. easily replaced. I am on the fence about selling now as I can finally see daylight in getting the car back to original condition. I can't make changes to the auction description as there are bids but I have contacted the high bidder and let him know what is going on. I wil probably just end the auction before the 12 hour deadline. They have not started the tear down the car yet so it is still possible to buy the car as is. But I did not think it was fair selling the car not knowing exactly what was wrong with the engine.

Back