a message to Otto

Now wait a minute, I could of sworn you were selling yours not too long ago. :wink:

My pattern seems to be to take a break every 5years to see if the NSX is still the benchmark. :redface:

Miata (3yrs) => NSX (5yrs) => S2000 (1yr) => NSX (5yrs) => Miata => ?

Maybe in the next 1 to 3 years, I can find that Zanardi that I've been wanting.

Unfortunately, I can't get over the fact that my NSX doesn't have all its factory paint. I am just to anal about it. It also no longer serves as a daily driver, now that I've got a little miata to putt putt in. So the only reasonable thing to do, is to sell it, take a break, and then take my time to search for the next garage queen.

Believe me, if it wasn't tapped in the back last year by that stupid Hyundai, I'd still be keeping it.

Otto

How many NSX out there have 100% factory paint any more? With any amount of driving, the front gets rock chipped to death. It seems any NSX in decent shape has had the front resprayed voluntarily by the owner, not due to any accidents.

Otto,
Any offer yet? I haven't seen you out lately and that's usually the sign. Good luck and still come out sometimes even when the NSX is sold.

How many NSX out there have 100% factory paint any more? With any amount of driving, the front gets rock chipped to death. It seems any NSX in decent shape has had the front resprayed voluntarily by the owner, not due to any accidents.
Mine had 100% factory paint and actually was relatively free of rock chips. I also was very religious about keeping the bra on and washing the bra regularly. Well at least that was before Hyundai incident. :mad: Now there is no point in a bra since the paint isn't original.

Otto,
Any offer yet? I haven't seen you out lately and that's usually the sign. Good luck and still come out sometimes even when the NSX is sold.
I had one person look at it and place a tentative offer. I will have to wait and see if he follows through next week.

There are worst things in the world than being stuck driving an NSX. :tongue:

Heck maybe I'll have a for sale ad up for two years like Mike. ;)

Otto

Heck maybe I'll have a for sale ad up for two years like Mike. ;)

Otto

Mine has been for sale for almost three years now.:biggrin:

Otto... here's an idea... hold on to your NSX until you find the Zanardi that meets your standards. Then, you can move all the mods you have in the black NSX to the Zanardi :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mike

Otto... here's an idea... hold on to your NSX until you find the Zanardi that meets your standards. Then, you can move all the mods you have in the black NSX to the Zanardi :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Mike

Or just keep the one you got as a "beater" and buy Charleysung's 04 CTSC'd NSX listed in the for sale section.

I told my wife I need a beater NSX so I can drive it more and she laughed....:wink:

Or just keep the one you got as a "beater" and buy Charleysung's 04 CTSC'd NSX listed in the for sale section.

I told my wife I need a beater NSX so I can drive it more and she laughed....:wink:

Yeah, I kind of considered my NSX as a beater, but I wanted something with a little more anonymity that is still fun to drive.

Speaking of which, did you see that 2008 S2000 CR on CL for $23.5k!!! :eek:
I don't know the history on this one, but it sure is tempting to get. Oh wait, I already have too many cars, or maybe I don't have enough garage space. :redface:

Otto

I'd hardly call Otto's NSX a beater. Just because an NSX has paintwork, and we know of many that do, they don't become beaters.

Mike

Nah, there's not much of that I'd like to move over. The supercharger is a maybe, the Type R suspension would kind of bastardize a Zanardi, the SEAS Lotus Reference are nothing compared to the sound of the engine, and chassis bars are cheap to buy.

Oh yeah, Type S wheels > Prodrives. :P

Yeah, I kind of considered my NSX as a beater, but I wanted something with a little more anonymity that is still fun to drive.

Speaking of which, did you see that 2008 S2000 CR on CL for $23.5k!!! :eek:
I don't know the history on this one, but it sure is tempting to get. Oh wait, I already have too many cars, or maybe I don't have enough garage space. :redface:

Otto

Yup I saw that car ~ almost bought it just for the heck of it since it's my 2nd favorite color! IF it was GPW it would have sold in a heartbeat for like 4k+ more but yellow is a tough color to sell especially in this economy.

Looks like a clean car for whoever buys it, the owner lost his job so just a victim of this current sign of the times. You can almost make more money if you strip it for parts which is sad.

rick

Back