A little northwest snow!

How's everyone hanging in there?

Post up some pics!!!

Weeks like these are why I drive an S4 and not an M3.

some picts from today.....my day off today, so we spent time w/each other and played w/our neighbor.

Attachments

• jojo 12-18.jpg
    jojo 12-18.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 61
  • jojo snowday.jpg
    jojo snowday.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 52
  • max 12-18.jpg
    max 12-18.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 40
  • max on the steps.jpg
    max on the steps.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 53
  • sled 12-18.jpg
    sled 12-18.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 51
  • 12-14-08.jpg
    12-14-08.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 64
  • from inside 12-18.jpg
    from inside 12-18.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Pathfinder not finding any paths today... :biggrin:

IMG_0224.jpg

As most of you imagined, I'm driving my miata passing people left and right.:biggrin: slipping and sliding. I love driving in snow!!

Days like this make me think of Mitch, If I could afford another daily nsx.

I wonder how many "Jack ass" comments I'd get on the road from all those Suv drivers.

I got 7 inches of snow before I left the dealership at around noon time, and it's still pouring. I had never experienced so many different type of snow in one morning.!!!

People think we get snow here in Montana. It's nothing compared to what you guys get in upstate NY coming off those lakes. I've been there. I'll bet we don't get more than 24" - 30" an entire season here anymore. Usually wondering if it's going to be a White Christmas! (Will be this year tho).

Getting a foot of snow overnight is not at all uncommon around here. But then again, I think in all of Western NY there are only a couple exterminators.

Every area has tradeoffs. I like it here. Snowblowing is manly :D

Grew up in Rochester , NY....went to school at UB. I was actually back for a Sabres/Bills game in Oct. (Bills vs Jets). lol So yeah, nothing new to me...but around here it sure is!

I dropped my camera so my images are all messed up, but you get the idea. :)

DSC03738.jpg

I've seen yellow snow, but that's the first pink snow I've seen:redface:

Who do exterminators find work? We have a lot of wildland firefighters....

I've seen yellow snow, but that's the first pink snow I've seen:redface:

You should have seen it before I adjusted the color...yeah, I need a new camera. Here's another one, and yes, I tried to filter out some of the pink!
DSC03739.jpg

This is how we get around town

Attachments

• IMG00031.jpg
    IMG00031.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG00032.jpg
    IMG00032.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG00033.jpg
    IMG00033.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 61
As most of you imagined, I'm driving my miata passing people left and right.:biggrin: slipping and sliding. I love driving in snow!!

Hmmm.. Good to hear the enthusiasm.... you know Alex e-mailed me to today. He wants help to setup an Audi winter driving clinic at Bremerton Raceway on 12/21... You and Eric sould come on out...

I wonder how many "Jack ass" comments I'd get on the road from all those Suv drivers.

Who cares. NW SUV Drivers around here have no room to talk. I am driving an 09' Tunda this week. You know what's really sad. I can actually safely drive faster with 8" of snow and ice on the ground then they can on open highways. I could climb Mt Baker with this thing.

Vehicles are moving faster today than during the normal daily grind of utter grid lock during the evening commute. I find the calm peaceful.

.. and infinitely more entertaining. Today I saw someone take the I5S express lanes in the wrong direction and end up in the safety net. Yesterday every ramp had like 5 cars and 3 SUV's stuck to navigate around. Cars spining out in front of me and ending up in ditches.

Good stuff.

Last edited:
Re: Snow in Seattle....Yikes

Got that T-shirt many years ago. I'm sure nothing's changed. Even with the right vehicle, it still wasn't fun because no one else had the right vehicle............or knew how to use it. Pretty cool if you're home with kids and don't have to go anywhere. :smile:

I dropped my camera so my images are all messed up, but you get the idea. :)

DSC03738.jpg
If you have Photoshop the "auto color" option seems to fix that right up. It almost seems that the white balance on your camera is just set funny.

Edit.....As of 12/23/08 we've had about a foot and 1/2 ..... out on Washington's Olympic Peninsula...Very tired of shoveling!

ConiferSnow08.jpg

Last edited:
For the most part, I am "stuck" in beautiful Sammamish with my backyard looking like Narnia :biggrin: eg: backs to a greenbelt with lots of white snow..weally pretty..

Given that I have 3 RWD vehicles, the NSX, Mercedes & Toyota Pickup.. getting out from a steep private driveway was not an option..

Instead, we spent hours CPR'ng my brothers 89 250K mile Legend (C27A :wink:) which, quite literally, leaks oil and coolant while it runs:), haha.
We put chains on the car and a snowboard on the tow hook and had lots of fun! ('till it started to overheat and we needed to start all over..)

Last edited:
Track event roll call!!

3 hours left to sign-up on motorsportsreg

The caravan is Leaving at 4:30am sharp to catch the Ferry!!

Come on - let's dig those front splitters in and show those AWD Porsche and Audi guys what an NSX can do in the snow!!! Track conditions are looking ideal with 6-12"of new snow fall expected.

:smile:

Track event roll call!!

3 hours left to sign-up on motorsportsreg

The caravan is Leaving at 4:30am sharp to catch the Ferry!!

Come on - let's dig those front splitters in and show those AWD Porsche and Audi guys what an NSX can do in the snow!!! Track conditions are looking ideal with 6-12"of new snow fall expected.

:smile:

shit u guys still going?? how do u guys keep warm in the gusty wind??? i'm so tempting to go.. just worry about staying warm. (I'm really bad at that) if you see this give me a call john.

Back