A Childhood Dream, Now a Reality

welcome and congratulations..

Thanks All. I look forward to the next meeting in the Bay.

I think the first thing I will want to do is get the NSX Wing. Where's the best place to source it with the 3rd brake light?

Keep in mind you will loose some rear visibilty. What is your budget for a R spoiler they are from 450ish to 8000ish

Actually I do want to have the CF contrast as it will look great on yellow, but thanks for the link.

I will pay for quality so price is not so important. fitment and weave condition is more important. Anyone have a good source?

Welcome & Congrats! Great color. Be sure to post pix when you get your wing!

Great to have new members that are excited about their cars. Looks like a nice one. Plenty of things to spend bucks on to improve your car. Lots of ways to customize your ride. But they are nice like they come too. Enjoy and Welcome.

Thanks All. I look forward to the next meeting in the Bay.

I think the first thing I will want to do is get the NSX Wing. Where's the best place to source it with the 3rd brake light?

Check out one of our vendors name JETS, he sells decent fitting NSXR wings with the third brake light for a very fair price. I would also add in the 02+ lower rear valance to balance out the look. The NSXR wing without the lower bumper looks too tall. JET also sells the lower valance painted to any factory color for a great price and it fits great too.

Thanks all for the input. I'll be working on my NSX slowly, but all in good time. I want to plan everything out before I start.

Congrats on your color selection - I think yellow looks amazing on our cars. Black does too, but its so hard to keep clean. Lets face it any color is good, but yellow is amazing IMHO

I would guess you got it for approx 45k, mine was 42800 including tax title license... 97 NSXT with 34.5kmiles just last year.

Welcome to the "club". Please take lots of pictures of the new rear wing. I am trying to get my wife to like it... since its the same color and we both want CF, it will be a perfect example

JF

Hi Xetronic,
It was nice meeting you yesterday. You have a gorgeous spa yellow NSX!
I am sorry that you didn't have more time to drive my R8 around more than the 10 mins we were stuck in traffic.

Take care.

Check out one of our vendors name JETS, he sells decent fitting NSXR wings with the third brake light for a very fair price. I would also add in the 02+ lower rear valance to balance out the look. The NSXR wing without the lower bumper looks too tall. JET also sells the lower valance painted to any factory color for a great price and it fits great too.

how does JET's lower valance fit compared to the SOS rear valance? Are there any extra holes that need to be drilled?

Hi Xetronic,
It was nice meeting you yesterday. You have a gorgeous spa yellow NSX!
I am sorry that you didn't have more time to drive my R8 around more than the 10 mins we were stuck in traffic.

Take care.

Hey Man! It was awesome meeting you and it was an amazing experience being able to drive your R8, even if it was for a small amount of time! I was happy to finally meet another forum member as well.

Gotta bring out the Yellow one!

Hope to see you at the meet on 3/19!

Yep it is a Manual.

Anyone change their fuel filter? Is it really necessary/Important? I'll probably change it regardless, just curious about the details.

Also anyone have or know someone sitting on a Keyless Enrty Kit? (08E60-SLO-201F)

it wouldn't hurt to replace it. Good piece of mind and preventative maintenance. It like $35 for the fuel filter and very easy to access. It helps if u have air tools or it can be a PITA

Back