A Childhood Dream, Now a Reality

Hi All. I have picked up my first NSX tonight and have enjoyed my first drive. I enjoyed it when I test drove it, but tonight I have the feeling of a 7 year old in a candy store. I have been on the forums and searching for the last 6 months, settling on a 99' in yellow. I look forward to many years together of driving and meeting some new people here on the forums.

Cheers,
J

I'll post pics when I get back from my trip back to the Bay Area from up North. But for now the car is in storage until Friday when I leave from my business trip.

I like using this from my other forum:

nopics.gif

I will correct this next week.

Cheers

Congratulations. I picked mine up a week before Christmas. I got to drive it for 4 days before old man winter settled in.

"I like using this from my other forum:" Pelican Parts?

pics or we will not believe you LOL

congrats on the purchase yellow stands out more than the other colors.

it def gets more head turning than the rest.

how many times have you gone to the window to look at it? the real number how many. LOL

pics though we likey pics

Welcome to the 'hood.
Expect as many late night trips to the garage to reassure you that it is really there /really yours as trips just to behold the incredible styling.
Oh, and PICS!!!
Jeez...

TTIWWP

I also congratulate you on your purchase! I know exactly how you felt when I picked my NSX up, it is a completely unforgettable first drive home (five hour road trip) LOVED her every moment since.

Cheers

14h10m straight drive, and a late night wash

180090_10150393733260405_768015404_16941504_825266_n.jpg

Morning West Coast Start
168016_10150393912730405_768015404_16943332_8225409_n.jpg

Ave of the Giants
167066_10150394196845405_768015404_16947044_3750053_n.jpg

Wash Time...

Sorry all these pics were take with my iPhone. Will have to get better ones later. Enjoy.

Things that Happened on the way home:

1. "Is that a Ferrari?"
2. Some Crapsytler Crossfire wanted to race me (I didnt even acknowledge him)
3. Old guy in traffic rolled down his window, "I really like your car!" "Thanks"

Last edited:
Congrats on finding a great car. I saw it this summer and it is a beauty.

It was for sale at Kuni BMW in Beaverton, OR. The asking price was $51,995 (I hope you didn't pay more than that :smile:).

I'll wait to se what the rest of the group comes up with.

Matt

Congrats, and another yellow NSX in the Bay Area. Where did you purchased you car from?

Last edited:
Yep it is a Manual.

Yep it was priced at 52.5k when I got there. I saw it priced up to 54k I think at one time. I was there on business and it was a 5 min drive, so that's how I found it.

I talked them down to just about 46k. (NSX 2 and NSX168 Nice Guess)

The kicker to it; the Doctor that used it as a trade in bought an M6 an Alpina. One this year and last year. He was the second owner and put 1000 miles on it. Best part of all: Did all the Timing belt, water pump, access belts last year June. so that's a great added value. ($2Kish I think) Not to mention the Koni Yellows =)

Just went to the store and got new plugs (OEM - Denso), case of Redline 10W30 and 4 Qts of MT-90 (manual says something like 3.2L total), and a couple Oil Filters and gaskets.

Anyone change their fuel filter? Is it really necessary/Important? I'll probably change it regardless, just curious about the details.

Also anyone have or know someone sitting on a Keyless Enrty Kit? (08E60-SLO-201F)

Back