a 1997 nsx with 817 miles for $43k, too good to be true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Lud:
Do I get my free drink now?

Ahhh, yes. A toast is at hand
beerchug.gif

i really admire this site
is pretty neat
i'm sorry you all had to pay top dollar for your cars.
you guys are making me look like a bad guy here and are running around like 9 year old
girls mad because somebody else has a nicer barbie and it was a lot cheaper than yours...
have a nice day girls.........
anyways i hope you guys never run into personnal problems and you guys have to sell your cars wheter is a bussines deal or whatever, thats only if you guys have your cars paid for
since 9 year old girls never do

Spock, hand me the universal translator.

Originally posted by low miles97':
you guys are making me look like a bad guy here
Hey, come clean with the people you deal with and you won't look like a bad guy. Were not a buch of Nazi's here, but this type of crap has been seen here before and it doesn't fly. A person requests help or info on a prospective NSX purchase, willing folks on this site try to help, info is stated on forum, owner of car finds forum and gets mad and makes personal statements against NSX owners, seller of car in ? looks like a idiot !! Enough said !!!!!

anyways i hope you guys never run into personnal problems and you guys have to sell your cars wheter is a bussines deal or whatever, thats only if you guys have your cars paid for since 9 year old girls never do [/B]

dude-- I always pay cash for my vehicles. My 2000 NSX w/2000 miles that I JUST BOUGHT was $69,000. Perfect in every way, and yes I paid alot for it and got what I paid for. Now go play with your Ken and GI Joe Dolls.

P.S. Who knows, maybe someone will buy your car if you TELL THE TRUTH and admit that the reason that it is such a good deal is because of the history.

So is the car still for sale? Is it worth having someone check it out? Chris W. or Mark? Possible track car????

My take on this:

The car was in a salvage yard for a LONG time. The leather and other parts were damaged by the elements.

His brother and him (maybe other investors) bought the car and fixed it.

This explains the low miles and poor interior condition.

Lowmiles97 ([email protected]),
Even with the known problems with the car, people are interested in it. Some are calling and some are here on the forums inquiring about it. If you want to sell the car, meet me on Sunday and I can look at it and report my findings to the rest of the members and who knows, maybe we can get it sold for you. Are you game?

sounds good, but on saturday
i m going to the buttonwillow races
just to check them out so if you want to check it out than let me know
just to let you know if i dont sell the car by this weekend than im not going to sell it anymore. unless of course ill have to bump the price maybe another $9000 more its that more realistic price.
when i came up with the price check the blue book and low blue book was 47,000
i put $43200 i was basing the price on my need not on what it was worth.
i know about the site now
so when i need advice ill just post a topic

Just for clarification. The seller specifically told me that "The car has original paint, and no body work." After 5 minutes of further questioning regarding the paint, he then stated that he was "pretty sure" that it is all original. However, in the conversation, he let out the fact that he was very familiar with the paint process and that his brother owns a body shop. Given this, he (or this brother) should definitively be able to tell if the paint was original or not. I asked for his brothers name and phone number, and he gave it to me. His brother was more that forthcoming with the actual facts of this vehicle.

I hope this sheds some light of this guy.

Sorry for ranting, but when somebody witholds crutial information regarding a business transaction, just to get people to travel sometimes hundreds of miles, and hopefully find someone who doesn't know any better, it really really bothers me.

This person very specifically knows the vehicle's history, but as with most used car salespeople, is looking to misleed.

Be careful.

The tip off for me was the wheels. The wheels are the same on a 97 as on an 01. Why would someone change them unless the origional ones were damaged?

To me, the wheels in the AutoTrader photo do NOT look suspicious, because they appear to be stock OEM rims that have simply been chromed, which is quite commonly done, even on cars that have hardly been driven.

However, these above reported contradictory statments from two brothers about the car is a really big red flag in my book.

Remember that although if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck...., ducklike walking and ducklike quacking aren't proof positive that it's a duck. So, there's no substitute for completing the proper due diligence by going to Bakersfield in person to inspect the merchandise first hand.

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Tubi exhaust, Dali street anti-sway bars, Dunlop SP9000s

[This message has been edited by NSXY (edited 11 July 2002).]

Originally posted by NSXY:
Remember that although if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck...., ducklike walking and ducklike quacking aren't proof positive that it's a duck.

I think it's quite safe to say: This car is ducked!

Lud et al.

I just noticed that the current AutoTrader ad appears to have been changed from the original copy. Here it is:

"1997 NSX blue very low miles, six speed, bucket seats, 3.2 liter, 2001 nsx chrome wheels, runs good, looks good, yes it is clean title. Priced way below blue book front bumper needs to be repainted battery acid was spilled on it, from another car. i just bougth the car a month ago with 300 miles before that the car was park outside for 5 years, was never driven why so cheap. i'm a real estate investor, and i ran into a great deal that i can't pass up, i the need money fast,if i dont sell by this weekend (todays date 7/9/02) i will not sell the car anymore so please no DREAMERS or LOW BALLERS and NO JOY RIDES serious inquires only call me at home at 661 871 6767 if no answer leave a message send email for more pictures at [email protected]"

This explanation that the car sat in the sun for years.... I don't remember that being disclosed before... I wonder what's next? Only three days left before someone turns into a Bakersfield pumpkin....

------------------
NSXY
95 NSX-T, 5 sp, Red/Tan, Tubi exhaust, Dali street anti-sway bars, Dunlop SP9000s

[This message has been edited by NSXY (edited 11 July 2002).]

sounds good, but on saturday
i m going to the buttonwillow races
just to check them out so if you want to check it out than let me know
just to let you know if i dont sell the car by this weekend than im not going to sell it anymore. unless of course ill have to bump the price maybe another $9000 more its that more realistic price.
when i came up with the price check the blue book and low blue book was 47,000
i put $43200 i was basing the price on my need not on what it was worth.
i know about the site now
so when i need advice ill just post a topic

I don't kow what Kelley Blue Book you use, but the low book on that car is about $10,000 higher than your $47k figure.

Originally posted by Lud:
I think it's quite safe to say: This car is ducked!

I think it's mostly safe to say "Duck this car."

------------------
NSXY

Kind of reminds me of how a stolen car tends to sit for a long period of time while the paperwork is cleared. Who would let a 97 NSX just sit in the sun for 5 years? Wow, must be nice to have that much money!!

Originally posted by Tom Larkins:
Hey CK, not to raise a dead post again, but isn't this the 2nd blue NSX on the west coast recently thats had some past issues.
eek.gif

Tom,

That's right. We have determined that at least 2 of the 31 1997 NSX's produced in Blue are junk. I actually know of a third one in my area that could be added to the list as well. So, 3 of the 31 are questionable, or their owners are, at least. Must be something about that blue paint!
confused.gif

Chris

There was another blue auto stolen from the pacific nw. Can't remember the year though.

I know of another 3.2 blue whose owner probably is not driving it (and maybe leave it under the sun?) since he is always in the forum helping us sharing informations and having fun!
wink.gif

Thanks Lud!

just for your info
IM NOT SELLING THE CAR ANYMORE
i relly like the car i just had a much greater deal that its gone and i needed my money fast

but the blue book i got was through aol and its edmunds.com and its true market value not kellie blue book so get off your clouds. yes we all have a great exotic car but listen before you jump to conclusion
and this is not a duck just for the record
can i fit 19s all the way around
and if so what size tires for front and back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back