996tt

RKS

Just purchased an 996tt, these cars have taken a major depreciation hit. I will keep my NSX but always liked the widebody p car. You can find very nice 2001-2003 006 turbos in the 55-70 k range. These cars were 120-130 k new. Anyway just for your information and no flames.

Hmmm I actually debated on a used 996T as well to go with the NSX, but reality (aka girlfriend) slapped me upside the head with the "no second sports car thing". Maybe it was the frying pan in her hand, but basically had to choose and I chose to stay with the NSX since P cars are fairly common down here in Orange County, CA. I like being different, even if I'm not as fast.

I am contemplating the same thing, did you consider any other cars ? I am waiting for the next GT-R or if and when the new Supra comes out.

I am casually looking for a nice 993 C4S or a 993 TT.

Great car! I spent my time between NSX ownerships fulfilling the remainder of my friends 03-996t lease. It was really a great car and if I could have two sports cars a p-car would be next to the NSX in the garage. Only dislike was that to the uninitiated it’s just another 911.

I love 993turbos, they sound amazing, look amazing, and I really like the floor-mounted pedals! -Throw in a carbon fiber accented dash, and you can't beat it!

Yes, side-by-side pics of NSX and 993turbo!

Hmmm I actually debated on a used 996T as well to go with the NSX, but reality (aka girlfriend) slapped me upside the head with the "no second sports car thing". Maybe it was the frying pan in her hand, but basically had to choose and I chose to stay with the NSX since P cars are fairly common down here in Orange County, CA. I like being different, even if I'm not as fast.
P cars are more common, but i'd say 993tt are rarer than NSXes down here. -Hello! -from San Clemente.

I love 993turbos, they sound amazing, look amazing, and I really like the floor-mounted pedals! -Throw in a carbon fiber accented dash, and you can't beat it!

Yes, side-by-side pics of NSX and 993turbo!

P cars are more common, but i'd say 993tt are rarer than NSXes down here. -Hello! -from San Clemente.

Very tru, not too many 993T's around, dunno though, I do like the look of the 996 better, and the new 997. but thats just me and id just be nit picking now, id be happy with either to sit next to my NSX.

I see there is a good value in a 996 TT. The price point is very hard to resist. I wonder if anyone on prime owned a 993, Its the last of the air cooled engines. They seem to be holding their value kinda like the NSX :biggrin: .

Ideally that would be my ideal garage. My NSX and a black 993 TT. :biggrin:

I pick up the car this Sat , then I will post pics. I have a BMW eight series that I always like the looks but the car is too heavy. It is the 996tt that are taking the depreciation hit now, the 993tt are steady in thier value. DB9 are sexy looking car but I question an English/Ford car.

There is no real production car for 120+k$ that doesn't cost 70k in a few years, pcars are no exceptions. I'm not counting cars that sell in the hundreds even though most still fit this model.

I really like the look of the 933tt as well.

Just purchased an 996tt, these cars have taken a major depreciation hit. I will keep my NSX but always liked the widebody p car. You can find very nice 2001-2003 006 turbos in the 55-70 k range. These cars were 120-130 k new. Anyway just for your information and no flames.

Yep...the kicker is that you can buy a low mileage 2002 Porsche 996TT for significantly LESS than an OLDER 1997 Porsche 993TT. Go figure that one out.

You are not married yet....buy the car before she can legally beat the crap out of you and boss you around. :cool:

How do you guys feel about this car (its potential, looks, style, etc etc.)
when compared to a late model NSX?

I'm in this very predicament..if I do get the NSX it will be going FI definitely...not to mention I've wanted the NSX for so many years now. However, I have somewhat of a love affair with the 996TT.

Thanks friends,
Ravi

I went for a cruise with a friend of mine who just bought a 2007 997 Turbo. Nobody noticed his car but everyone gravitated toward mine and asked " what kinda car is it " :biggrin:

P cars are common where I live, but I look at it this way, Only the owner know its true value and the pleasure of driving it whether its a Turbo or a NSX. I view cars like art , I love them for what they are and the pleasure of driving.

You are not married yet....buy the car before she can legally beat the crap out of you and boss you around. :cool:

Wait...its gets worse once you are married??!! :eek: :tongue: :biggrin:

How do you guys feel about this car (its potential, looks, style, etc etc.)
when compared to a late model NSX?

I'm in this very predicament..if I do get the NSX it will be going FI definitely...not to mention I've wanted the NSX for so many years now. However, I have somewhat of a love affair with the 996TT.

Thanks friends,
Ravi

A factory tuned P Turbo exactly as you like it vs a backyard tuned NSX turbo that will take many months and thousands to complete for "off road use only" where you pray you find a good tuner and double pray one of 1000 things don't ever go wrong costing you many more months and many more thousands?

No question in my mind which one would be a wiser investment, easier to maintain, more legal to run (with Cats), and possibly cheaper.

If the first thing you need to do day one to an NSX is put FI on it before you can appreciate / enjoy it as Mother Honda designed it then honestly and with no ill intent - the Porsche turbo is probably the right car for you.

All the best in whatever direction you go. :)

If the first thing you need to do day one to an NSX is put FI on it before you can appreciate / enjoy it as Mother Honda designed it then honestly and with no ill intent - the Porsche turbo is probably the right car for you.

Amen brother. I'm sorry but you don't have a true appreciation for the NSX if you think it needs a S/C before you buy one.

BTW, one of things I like about my GT3 is that a lot of people think its just a regular 911. I can park it almost anywhere. Sometimes I wish nobody noticed my NSX. I wouldn't have to keep going back to make sure nobody is messing with it.

I beg to differ. Having driven the car in N/A form it's anemic for my taste.

I'm not knocking the car, we all know it's wonderful..but saying that just because I think it needs this mod before I buy it is a slippery slope...then why did you guys modify your cars in the first place?

I merely know where the car lacks (big time imho) when compared to todays late model sports cars. You saying I have no true appreciation for the NSX b/c I want to get FI for it is just blasphemous.

I am contemplating the same thing, did you consider any other cars ? I am waiting for the next GT-R or if and when the new Supra comes out.

I am casually looking for a nice 993 C4S or a 993 TT.
i hope u know that u cannot get a proper 993 TT for that price range .. as they have become rare collectibles especially the 1997 993 TT S

I beg to differ. Having driven the car in N/A form it's anemic for my taste.

I'm not knocking the car, we all know it's wonderful..but saying that just because I think it needs this mod before I buy it is a slippery slope...then why did you guys modify your cars in the first place?

I merely know where the car lacks (big time imho) when compared to todays late model sports cars. You saying I have no true appreciation for the NSX b/c I want to get FI for it is just blasphemous.

I've had a 99 and 03 NSX and sold each one within a year. I now have had a 996tt for over a year and plan on Keeping my 996TT for awhile until I buy either a bull or a horse:biggrin:

Umm, you already have a horse. Its the horse from Stuttgart.:wink: Btw, the Italian horse is actually a copy of the German horse.:smile:

We might be related...

I pick up the car this Sat , then I will post pics. I have a BMW eight series that I always like the looks but the car is too heavy. It is the 996tt that are taking the depreciation hit now, the 993tt are steady in thier value. DB9 are sexy looking car but I question an English/Ford car.
I have a BMW 8 and a turbo (but a 300ZXTT not a Porsche)

I've had 2 NSXs, a 2002 996TT and now a Ferrari 360 Modena. All great cars but all very different from each other. You can't go wrong with any one of them.

For those curious, I've had the Ferrari since August '06 and over 4000 miles with absolutely no problems other than an aftermarket exhaust that rattled. It's annual service cost me $1300 and that including fixing the rattle.

Back