996 Gt3

bwhahahahaha...please, sir, hand me a towel. I have milk dripping from my nose.

Its not a regular 996, its a limited edition performance model.

1993-1994 RS Americas sell now adays for pretty much what they cost back in 1993.

I didn't think about buying the GT3 until a friend of mine got me a good deal on it but I have to fly to actually see it. It's in Florida and I'm in California.
I have always loved NSX but with this price, it seems to be a really good deal.

Just make sure you get the complete history of the car. When I had my 911 before the NSX I went to several track events and I can tell you that the GT3's that came were driven very hard with expereinced drivers that pushed the cars to their limits. I personally would not purchase a GT3 that has been tracked. In one of the events a participant blew out his transmision during the event.

They are however great cars and amazing at the track. I was actually going to purchase a 996 GT3 and I actually had money down on a 997 GT3 and I ended up passing on both. I just think the NSX is one of a kind and way ahead of it's time. Cars today STILL do not have the advances that the NSX has (all aluminum suspension, monocoque, body etc....) plus the rarity factor. Mid engined layout and 290 horsepower from 3.2 litres! The truth is that to the average person the GT3 still just looks like a regular 911 which is a shame.....

Just my .02

Dennis

There is no such thing as a cheap Porsche..............

Depends on which Porsche.

1. A 3.0 SC 911 can be had for $9k and will go 300k miles without major service and can be a daily driver.
2. A 944 84 can be had for $2-3k perfect daily driver will take any abuse as long as the water pump and thermostate for 200k miles.
3. A porsche model 60 also known as the Beetle will last for ever probably cheapest Porsche :)

OK....to each his own..............I just sold my 86 944 turbo and still have my 89 944 and have many friends with Porsches..............so I was speaking from experience..........my quote......"There is no such thing as a cheap Porsche" is a well known quote over on the Rennlist boards.......and any Porsche owner who knows anything about Porsches knows this is true...........yes you may get lucky and find a late model Porsche that wont need maintanance but frankly thats like a search for the holy grail..............

OK....to each his own..............I just sold my 86 944 turbo and still have my 89 944 and have many friends with Porsches..............so I was speaking from experience..........my quote......"There is no such thing as a cheap Porsche" is a well known quote over on the Rennlist boards.......and any Porsche owner who knows anything about Porsches knows this is true...........yes you may get lucky and find a late model Porsche that wont need maintanance but frankly thats like a search for the holy grail..............

True new Porshes have 150 man hours versus 350 for 993-Pre, more plastic and cheaper materials but they are faster after watercooling. The 951 is amazing performance car 13.7 quarter mile first car with airbags.

If a late model has warranty on them its a hellofacar.

Just make sure you get the complete history of the car. When I had my 911 before the NSX I went to several track events and I can tell you that the GT3's that came were driven very hard with expereinced drivers that pushed the cars to their limits. I personally would not purchase a GT3 that has been tracked. In one of the events a participant blew out his transmision during the event.

Dennis

You wouldn't buy a street legal track car b/c it has been tracked? Well I guess we will have to disagree with that one.

Personally, I would buy that GT3 in a heartbeat if it has a clean title.

I haven't checked it out but it's in Miami but I think I'll go with NSX because no matter any car comes in thought, I always come back to NSX.

:smile:

Back