996 Gt3

Any opinion on this model? I've come across the 996 GT3 with 9500 miles and around $62000. It's clean which is a good deal. However, I was looking for 02+ NSX or a noble m12 gto 3r, so this is something that I didn't intend to buy but it's such a good deal that I may end up getting gt3 instead of the NSX or Noble.

Any opinion on this? I'd like to know how the GT3 compare to the NSX and the Noble. I know Noble is very fast and the handling is excellent.

Every thought is appreciated. Thank you :smile:

Nobles are very hard to sell, just be aware of that.

The NSX and GT3 are different kind of cars, you have to see what your own priorities are... Cruising, track, maintenance costs etc.

If it was me, I would enjoy a NSX as it's a car that's made history, for a few years, before jumping straight up to a 997 GT3 when they have bottomed their prices... :)

Porsches are a dime a dozen in Dubai. That alone made me shy away from owning one. Not just because of that but I couldn't be bothered waiting months for a manual transmission 911 (everyone prefers automatics in the UAE?), the quality of used 911's I was driving didn't really impress me. This was before I ended up buying my 07 S2000 (great car for track, getting around town, and fooling around with).

Since I purchased my NSX I haven't wanted anything else...

Porsches are a dime a dozen in Dubai. That alone made me shy away from owning one.

+1!

Only a enthusiast (which is like 0,01% of the population where I'm from) know how to seperate a Carrera from a GT3 and GT2.

So many 911's are sighted every week that it has lost some of its charm. Even the boys with camera phones don't get thrilled anymore :p They are mighty good cars, so everyone buys one.

But, the GT3 is a sharp driving tool and it would surely put a huge grin on your face and in the end that's all that matters. As I have always said to friends who are not car nuts like me: "I measure the pleasure of driving a car by the size of the grin on mye face" and that's the best method when buying a car of this league.

Any opinion on this model? I've come across the 996 GT3 with 9500 miles and around $62000. It's clean which is a good deal. However, I was looking for 02+ NSX or a noble m12 gto 3r, so this is something that I didn't intend to buy but it's such a good deal that I may end up getting gt3 instead of the NSX or Noble.

Any opinion on this? I'd like to know how the GT3 compare to the NSX and the Noble. I know Noble is very fast and the handling is excellent.

I would buy that car if everything checks out. That should be over $70k with those miles. I drove one last year and have been debating between the 996 GT3, 993TT or 996TT, and F355 for a while now as to what to get. If you drive a GT3 you will be hooked. They are quick, handle amazingly, and stop on a dime. If you are a car enthusiast you will never regret owning one.

I've driven the GT3 and compared to the NSX the GT3 wins hands down in performance. 0-60 in 4 seconds, low 12 second 1/4 mile, killer brakes, 2800 lb weight, more power, super stiff chassis....no comparison. It's basically a street legal racecar....VERY popular at the track worldwide for a reason. The one I drove came track ready right from the factory.....all the way down to the roll cage and ceramic brakes which I thought was really cool.

Downsides compared to the NSX however are looks (which is subjective) and maintenence costs. One thing I will say is you won't get the rockstar attention in the GT3 as you would in the NSX (if that's important to you), to me, I don't care about that so it wouldn't weigh into my decision. I'f I'm buying a performance car, it's for performance and not looks or attention.

As pointed out before, only a real car enthusiast can tell the difference between a run-of-the-mill Carerra C2 with the aero kit and a GT3. The GT3 does look very sharp with the factory aero kit and spoiler. You'd have to see one in person to realize this but they are just as hard to come by as NSX's are. To be honest with you, I've only seen one GT3 here in the past few years.

I'm not ready to jump into a P-car yet but when I am, I'm going all the way and grabbing a GT2.

If you have the cash, I'd say spend the extra 10 grand and get a GT2. I've seen them online in the 70's.

Last edited:
There is no such thing as a cheap Porsche..............

Depends on which Porsche.

1. A 3.0 SC 911 can be had for $9k and will go 300k miles without major service and can be a daily driver.
2. A 944 84 can be had for $2-3k perfect daily driver will take any abuse as long as the water pump and thermostate for 200k miles.
3. A porsche model 60 also known as the Beetle will last for ever probably cheapest Porsche :)

Like someone had mentioned before, if you want to get the Noble, be absolutely sure you want it. It is very difficult to re-sell.

There is a guy who used to be on the forums here and he has been having the toughest of times trying to sell his M400 which is more of a track car but has over 400hp. His asking price has now dropped to $76.9k over here along with the fact it's been listed and re-listed a few times.

My purpose of driving is to cruise around and to push it hard sometimes. This car is in a good condition and I might go with it. Thank you for the information. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

IMO, the only way you can justify buying an NSX over a GT3 these days is by buying an older NSX that has had all the maintenance work done to it already and paying well less for it.

The GT3 is way more car than an 02+ NSX. Id have sold my NSX for a GT3 by now if it werent for the fact that Ive changed all the things that I wanted to such that its probably all Id get out of a GT3 right now. After a full suspension work up, some chassis stuff, CTSC and a bunch of other stuff that totals prob $35k in all, I figure it would be an even swap from my car to a GT3. Stock for stock, the GT3 wins HANDS DOWN for the vehicle. Only if you prioritize exclusivity should the NSX hold ground, but beware what youre paying for. The GT3 is the better car.

I think it's a beautiful car, but the NSX is a better choice in IMO.
Now if $$$ is not the issue, get it. Good luck

NSX has more sex appeal than a GT3 and will turn more heads but the performance of the GT3 is way superior. Remember, the NSX hasnt changed much since 1991.

Porsches are GREAT cars, I have owned a 996 cab, and a 996 TT. The 996 TT is a killer car and does almost everything well, and not really expensive to maintain. They are also great daily drivers.

Now from a Porsche lover, there is nothing like the bang for the buck of an NSX. I sold my car after having it for 6 months because I thought I was over the NSX, bought a Ferrari and missed the NSX so much that I sold the F car, lost a bunch and paid $5000 more to the guy who bought my NSX so I could buy it back from him.

Not really sure what the future hold for the NSX, they dont make them anymore, seem harder and harder to get, and the price is going through the roof for them.

Just my .02 cents worth...

Sam:biggrin:

Like most above, the GT3 is hands down a better drive than the stock NSX, IMO. Even most mod'd NSXs would have a difficult time keeping up w/ the GT3. And many Porsche purists prefer the 996 GT3 over the same gen GT2. The GT3 is that good.

Do some research on the ceramic brakes if your potential GT3 has them installed. Porsche had some early issues with longevity and the owner trend (before the fix) was to replace the rotors with the iron versions. Unsprung weight be damned.

All that said, my only time in a GT3 was on track and even then, it was quite stiffly sprung. Not sure if track "work" is your main venue. If not, then maybe the NSX is a better fit.

GT3's with that little miles and that low price is either a steal or something is wrong with it..

That Porsche will keep its resale value much better than an 02' NSX.
I dont doubt the NSX will turn more heads and be a better 'cruiser' than the GT3,
but there is no comparison in performance the GT3 wins hands down..

Back