'98 coupe F/S in NY

Does anyone happen to know anything about this car -

http://www.nsxtrader.com/details.php?id=3158

seems (to me) like the price is pretty low considering the miles (20k).

would anyone in the NY area be willing to take a look at this car ?

thanks

I don't know about you but the seller's name rings a bell to me.

Aren't the Toths the guys who run ERZ and offer up lots of parts off salvaged cars?

I'd say something is definitely fishy since they have that silver 98' on their site with 85k on the clock for $6k more then the 20k red one.

Seems like an interesting deal. Id like to know some more details about the car. Miles are low and im curious to know why it has the salvage title.:wink:

Thanks for the replies :)

I called on this car and it has Flood Damage :( :(

looks like a really nice car too.........

35k isnt a bad price if it hasnt been submerged. Ive seen "water" cars where the water only got up to the bottom of the rockers and it was totaled. When dealing with flood cars, the insurance companies usually just pay off on them without checking them. For example, everyone knows that south MS and south LA was flooded by katrina. I live in North MS and didnt experience any flooding. It actually just rained a bit and that was it for us here. Well its about an 8 hour drive from my house to the coast of MS. There is an auction there called COPART. They sale cars that insurance companies paid off on (salvage and destroyed). We (here at my shop) allow the public to use our computer to locate cars and we buy them for that person if they are willing to put up the money. There was a VW beetle convertible at Copart South MS and it was deemed water damaged. Well, it looked perfect and of course, a salvage yard would clean a car up before taking pics. I sent an employee down to check it out. They even gave my employee the key. It started right up and not a single info light came on......it was perfect. We bought the car and the girl who wanted it was thrilled. She has been driving it for over a year and no problems. From what we could tell, there was a water line at the bottom of the rockers. It couldnt have got over that. This tells me that this car was totaled in bulk, meaning that they just paid off on it because it was around a lot of other totaled cars at the time that were probably completely underwater. Possibly intentionally, but who knows. The car is perfect and she got it with a huge discount. Most flood cars especially salt water flood cars are completely destroyed. To find one that looks good probably means that it is good. To make a long story short, if someone were to check this NSX out really well and there are no warning lights on, that 35k would be a good buy from an NA2 with 20k miles. In fact, Id probably consider that cheap if the car turned out to be perfect. Just my .02s.

Back