97 NA2 JH4NA2161VT000093 64K miles for $33.8K

I came across this 97 yellow/black for sale at 2020 Motors in San Dimas, CA. Looks like a great deal. Autocheck shows no accident history. But have a look at the front bumper in the picasa album. The gap on the right (pass) side is noticeably wider than the left. The fender on that side doesn't line up too well either. Also the front emblem is a red knock-off.

Around back, the license plate area is unusual. It's painted black and looks like a separate assembly from the bumper.

Also, it's got DC sports headers, not a plus in my book.

http://picasaweb.google.com/2020motors/1997ACURANSX2069#

This car used to be owned by Prime member cmundy, which was listed for sale on Prime back in 2004 http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35123

Any comments on this specimen would be appreciated. Thanks.

I looks ok,,, I do see the gap your talking about,, but if you have ever taken an NSX bumper off before you will learn that if its not lined up correctly it will do that,, also if they dont put the rubber plugs in then then they will never line up,,, the rubber plugs help hold it in place to keeps the NSX lines perfect,, my 2 cents

Wow- I haven't seen my old baby since I sold it just over 5 years ago! Glad that it hasn't suffered too much modification. In regards to the front bumper not lining up, it was repaired just after I bought it in 2001. Prior to purchase, I had an inspection done at Acura where I was able to look at it on a lift. There was a small crack on the underside of the air intake opening that was only visible while on the lift (or by laying on the floor). I insisted that the previous owner fix it as he had stated it was in perfect condition. Unless the bumper was removed again at some point, this is likely where the misalignment occurred. I can't speak to the license plate area. I had nothing to do with that black piece that's on it now. Seems like a great deal. I believe that I sold it for $45K back in December of 2004. Good luck!

The 2020 ad for the car now says, "Sale pending". It does look like a good deal, and it's moving fast.

Wow, and they say that these cars aren't coming down ....damn that is cheap. 64k miles is not many and if it's been maintained properly that's really nice. I would bet though that this car has been driven since 04 when it was in great shape and little has been done and now it's time to pay the piper and it's for sale. I would bet that this car needs 3 to 4k in maintenance. Just a guess but I would surely think that something is due by now. Any records come with this thing from the guy that bought it from Cmundy?

Interesting as well is the fact that the guy I sold it to drove it back to New York (from Indianapolis) in 2004. Since 2020 is located in California, I wonder if there may have been another owner involved since my sale. I gave all of the service history to the guy I sold it to and I wonder if it's still with the car. I would advise a thorough inspection to anyone interested in purchasing it now.

That is a steal at that price!!! I would of bought that if I didnt own a NSX right now. I didnt think I would see NA2s in good condition below 35,000 this quick.

Last edited:
Back