96 for sale in Utah

Found this while surfing local classifieds. I don't know the owner and have never seen the car. Seems like a good deal and thought it might interest someone on here. 96 red/black 20k miles for $30k.

A very good deal if there aren't issues or stories behind it- that's a reasonable price for a 96 with triple that mileage or more, depending on condition.

Geeez, posts like this always make me wish I had a spare $30K sitting around just to make it worthwhile checking out. But I just bought a new car two weeks ago, and it's sort of a "support" vehicle for my 96. :wink:

I just called him. The car was in an accident and he said it was all cosmetic things that needed to be fixed. He swears up and down it is in the greatest condition. I am sending him an email to get the VIN and more pictures.

I just called him. The car was in an accident and he said it was all cosmetic things that needed to be fixed. He swears up and down it is in the greatest condition. I am sending him an email to get the VIN and more pictures.

CRAP!!!

I wonder how bad. Is he saying it hasn't been fixed? I would like to buy this car if it was just a fender that has been fixed. If it is bad accident forget it. Was the title salvage? :smile: ---->:frown:

I am awaiting his email to research it. I can tell you based on the conversation it doesn't sound like a bad accident. Give him a call when you get a chance. He is more than willing to discuss the car. It sounds like a good car but I am sure based on his location it is hard for him to sell the car. Odgen, UT is far from everything except SLC.

I am scared off personally. I need to do a check on the VIN and see what it says.

I am awaiting his email to research it. I can tell you based on the conversation it doesn't sound like a bad accident. Give him a call when you get a chance. He is more than willing to discuss the car. It sounds like a good car but I am sure based on his location it is hard for him to sell the car. Odgen, UT is far from everything except SLC.

I am scared off personally. I need to do a check on the VIN and see what it says.

ok let me know what you find.

Ok so I called the seller. He is a car dealer and he thinks but is not sure the car has a salvage rebuilt title. :frown: If so I am not interested. That sucks but hey I knew the price was a little to good to be a no issue car. However the car does look pretty damn good, too bad about the title.

More or less my job is to sift through people's BS and find the truth. I must have caught the seller in no less than four statements that didn't make it through the filter. :biggrin:

I won't be buying this car.

Steve

Are you really going to get back into the NSX fold?

The 360 isn't doing it for you? :wink:

I would like to get another NSX yes but I would keep the 360 until the new NSX comes out.

Quite honestly, I want a car I can beat on.

I guess your hands are all black and blue from the horse bitting you when you try to beat on it then. :wink:

Front spoiler on a NSX 100 bucks. Front spoiler on a 360 5k. NY has lot's of pot holes.

That's what you get for actually driving your Ferrari. You should have just parked it like most owners.:smile:

That's what you get for actually driving your Ferrari. You should have just parked it like most owners.:smile:

If I wanted to just stare at it I would have bought a poster. :biggrin:

I was out in it last night, actually while I was on the phone with you. The car is a blast. I drove a S55 last night, WOW that is a really nice car!!!! Lot's of balls and TIGHT!!!

If I wanted to just stare at it I would have bought a poster. :biggrin:

I was out in it last night, actually while I was on the phone with you. The car is a blast. I drove a S55 last night, WOW that is a really nice car!!!! Lot's of balls and TIGHT!!!

Yes, but does it have a HandsFree Link/Bluetooth connection? My 2008 Acura TSX does. I bet you were holding your own phone to your ear like a sucker. :tongue: :biggrin:

Sounded too good to be true....usually is.

I also talked to the guy yesterday, and it IS a salvage title. He said it was in a fender bender in Cal., but he did find another red NSX in colorado and used the front left fender, front bumper and rear qtr, and also said he had to change out some suspension. He has had the car for 3-4 years, and only put on 2500 miles. I am still a little interested, I should be able to go and check it out in a couple of days. I will let you know what it looks like.

I also talked to the guy yesterday, and it IS a salvage title. He said it was in a fender bender in Cal., but he did find another red NSX in colorado and used the front left fender, front bumper and rear qtr, and also said he had to change out some suspension. He has had the car for 3-4 years, and only put on 2500 miles. I am still a little interested, I should be able to go and check it out in a couple of days. I will let you know what it looks like.

A side swipe on the interstate does not bend suspension usually. Also after the seller said the car was side swiped on the highway about 5 minutes later he says some of the suspension was replaced because it was bent when the guy left the road. So which is i, the car was side swiped or it left the road. I think the seller knows a whole lot more then he is telling and I also think he hasn't been driving the car for a reason.

Back