95 with 96k

Hey all,

I used to own a 91 until I got married and had a couple of kids.
Then came the minivan. Now that they are older, my wife gave me the ok to get a practical exotic.

I own a shop that does R&D for Turbochargers and related components, so I wanted something with higher mileage so that I wouldn't feel guilty modding something too nice.

I found a 95 with 96k on it. According to KBB etc.. private party value is about 31k. Assuming that it has been maintained and in reasonably good condition, is 31k correct? I'm going to look at the car today and run the VIN number, but help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hoover

Hoover said:
Hey all,

I used to own a 91 until I got married and had a couple of kids.
Then came the minivan. Now that they are older, my wife gave me the ok to get a practical exotic.

I own a shop that does R&D for Turbochargers and related components, so I wanted something with higher mileage so that I wouldn't feel guilty modding something too nice.

I found a 95 with 96k on it. According to KBB etc.. private party value is about 31k. Assuming that it has been maintained and in reasonably good condition, is 31k correct? I'm going to look at the car today and run the VIN number, but help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Hoover

Congrats on getting back into the world of fun that is the NSX. What color combo is the car? The price sounds about right considering the car has almost 100,000 miles on it. Does it have service records? How many owners? Good luck with it. Post some pics if you get a chance so we can all give it a good look.

Meeyatch1 said:
Congrats on getting back into the world of fun that is the NSX. What color combo is the car? The price sounds about right considering the car has almost 100,000 miles on it. Does it have service records? How many owners? Good luck with it. Post some pics if you get a chance so we can all give it a good look.

Thanks.
Wow, that was fast.

I don't have the specifics yet, but I'll speak directly to the owner this morning. He drove the car weekly and that's all I know for now.
The car is Red with Black interior.
I already have a few photos of the car and it looks great. The driver seat has a little bolstering but other than that it's very nice.

I'll try to post the pics. up shortly.

Given that it has all service records, clean history and up to date on maintenance is 31k a reasonable price?

Thanks,

Hoover

01blacks4 said:
i think it is.....i would buy it....
so do tell about your turbo shop.. :)

You know all those little connectors that hold turbo, supercharger & intake piping together called silicone.....we MFG. for almost 60% of the industry across the nation for automotive aftermarket, hopefully more in the future.

The other part of my company does R&D for aftermarket application and usually our products get rebadged with someone elses logo on it. We often design a product and sell the line to anyone interested.
A few companies that we work for are well known to almost everyone on this forum but I am not allowed to mention names.

Our facility consists of CNC, CAD, mandrel bending equipment, chassis dyno, in house tuning, metal fabrication and silicone forming.

During the end of the day, we allow each of our techs. to work on anything they want. We have custom made many one-off turbo applications, exhaust systems (titanium and stainless) and very unique intakes that utilitze velocity stacks (this has proven almost unbeatable in every scenary that we've applied them to).

I've decided to go back to the NSX and build something unique for myself and logg and useful data.

Hoover

Last edited:
Good luck with your purchase. Keep us informed of the one off mods you complete on the 95 once it's in your hands. They may end up as something we may want to Group Buy since we are always looking for new and improved mods for the NSX.

Let us know when the purchase is complete so we can officially welcome you back to our cult :biggrin:

As long as the maintenance is up to date I would say 30-31k is an OK deal on a 96k mile car.

GHOSTRIDER said:
As long as the maintenance is up to date I would say 30-31k is an OK deal on a 96k mile car.

Sounds great!
Just spoke to the owner and he's the original owner.
All service done and all records available from a the local Acura Dealer in his town.
I also get a set of brand new tires.

I'm going to run the VIN and if it looks good, I'll be cruising in a day or two.

Hoover

NSX_Vu said:
Hoover,

If that doesn't work out, I saw a posting on Craigs List for a 95 NSX-T with 97K miles...asking $28K. It's in Mill Valley.

Thanks, I'll keep that one in mind.
So far everything checks out and looks like this is my early Xmas gift to myself. My wife just reassured me that it's ok to get an NSX again, the only thing she mentioned is that she wishes it was yellow.....oh well, she can't win them all.... :biggrin:

After I pick it up, I'm going to mount it to the dyno and make an custom intake with velocity stack the same day.
I'll post some dyno numbers for everyone.

Thanks,

Hoover

NSX_Vu said:
Keep us updated on your custom projects. Can't wait to hear what your new baby will sound like with a custom intake and velocity stack. :eek:

You can come up here anytime. Our new location in Dec. will be Livermore.
I have a load control dyno that is excellent for tuning and one of my techs. is AEM certified.
Although we mostly do design/proto-type work, we do have our share of fun. I can have a working proto-type done in a matter of hours and I think that the results should be interesting. Velocity stacks always have a very unique sound from mid to wot.

I should the car this week.

Also, the one in Mill Valley is sold.

Hoover

Hoover,
Even with 90K+ miles on the car, a 95 with service records, original owner and no accidents is worth $31K. That would be a good price.
According to the NSXPrime pricing guide a car in "C" or "D" conditon is $30-$35K, and a car in "B" or "C" condition is $35-$40K.

It sounds like this NSX is in "C" condition and at $31K its a good deal.

Keep us updated on the purchase and post pics when you get it.
I work in San Ramon and live in Livermore, so once you have the custom work on your NSX done maybe, if its ok with you, I can drop by and check out your NSX.
Also check out the Northwest forum here on Prime to stay up-to-date on the latest NSX happenings in the Bay Area.

mickeylex said:
Hoover,
Even with 90K+ miles on the car, a 95 with service records, original owner and no accidents is worth $31K. That would be a good price.
According to the NSXPrime pricing guide a car in "C" or "D" conditon is $30-$35K, and a car in "B" or "C" condition is $35-$40K.

It sounds like this NSX is in "C" condition and at $31K its a good deal.

Keep us updated on the purchase and post pics when you get it.
I work in San Ramon and live in Livermore, so once you have the custom work on your NSX done maybe, if its ok with you, I can drop by and check out your NSX.
Also check out the Northwest forum here on Prime to stay up-to-date on the latest NSX happenings in the Bay Area.

I think I'm getting a decent deal and should have the car in my hands this week.

You can come by any time. My car will either be driven daily or sit at the shop for R&D.
I personally live in San Ramon and will be working in Livermore right off of the Vasco exit beginning Dec.

I'll take some pics. once I clean my new toy up, but it's in pretty good condition.

The last ride I took in my old NSX was almost 6 years ago with the NORcal NSX club. I had a ton of fun, but now I'm back in the game.... :smile:

Hoover

Can't wait till tomorrow.
Looks like I'll be cruising about noon!!! :biggrin:

I'm going to make an intake for it Friday and do back to back dyno runs.
I'll let everyone know the results.

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Hoover

FWIW - I sold my 95 NSX-T, red w/black interior, 54k miles, all services done, stock except for wheels, A-/B+ condition, with some extras (bra, cover, Zanardi mats, XM) for $34k.

LeftLane said:
FWIW - I sold my 95 NSX-T, red w/black interior, 54k miles, all services done, stock except for wheels, A-/B+ condition, with some extras (bra, cover, Zanardi mats, XM) for $34k.

I think I got a decent deal, thanks for the info.
He gave me some new tires and came down on price too.

Last edited:
mickeylex said:
Hoover,
That's great news. Post your location on this thread once you get the car: http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58915

Thanks, I'm pretty excited.
I can't wait to get it on the dyno tomorrow.

I've added myself to the map, I think.

I'll be out of town to attend SEMA next week, but one of my techs. will have the new intake done by Friday.

:biggrin:

After a few tests, I'm going to go turbo.
I have a few customers that had us build one-off turbo kits for their V6 Fieros (uuuhhhggg) and finishing up one of them today. Using some of the same design, we were able to make an additional 225% increase in whp over stock. However, fact remains that these n/a motors aren't meant for boost and I will ultimately have to build the lower end. I guess I'll see what I can do then build the bottom end.

Hoover

my wife gave me the ok

Very close to losing your "Man Card." HeHe..... :biggrin:

Man-holding-business-card.jpg

zahntech said:
Leftlane..you gave that car away at 34k

I agree - and I think about that all the time. :frown:

It was interesting, though, that I posted it here on Prime classifieds and got virtually no response at that price, even though there seemed to be a lot of people looking and posting that they were paying significantly more. Oh well.

Back