'95 Targa Top

I'm new to this site so if this question has already been discussed please point to the right thread and I can go from there. I purchased a 1995 NSX with 70K miles about a month ago. The car is spectacular and a blast to drive. When I put the top on it seems to be noisy i.e., minor bumps in the road make it rattle/shake even though it fits really snug. Is this just the way targa tops behave or is there an adjustment or something that can be done to quiet it down ?

Thanks

i had the same problem.here's a discussion of it
http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Noises#Why_Does_The_T-Top_Squeak.3F
i got the dow corning grease,which helped a little bit,but eventually had to get the upgraded hook stops referred to in the tsb.the problem is that it's a discontinued part,but i found some from a guy who was parting his car out,and it helped a lot.good luck,the car's a blast,isn't it?

Kind of sad that the example used was Dr. Volk's car and then he sold it - damn - another one leaves the fold. Looks like a great product.

I have a question - I have a coupe and I get some creaking noises in the dash board area when hard cornering or just medium cornering - will this bar remove that? Anyone know?

If mine creaks I have no idea what kind of creaking a targa would do.

I have a question - I have a coupe and I get some creaking noises in the dash board area when hard cornering or just medium cornering - will this bar remove that? Anyone know?

This specific bar is actually for targas only as it uses the factory mounting points. There is another rear strut tower Ross makes for coupes, but I don't have any experience with that one although I am sure it is good if Ross makes it. If your creaking is from the front I'm not sure what it could be, but I do have the STMPO front chassis bar and am very pleased with it like everyone else that has it. I'm not sure if it would fix your problem, but it couldn't hurt and it does tighten up the sloppy front end of the car... Like the NSX-R bars, but better. There is a thread on it as well, search for FSTB STMPO and you can read the reviews.

Kind of sad that the example used was Dr. Volk's car and then he sold it - damn - another one leaves the fold. Looks like a great product.

creaking from your dash may just be the layers of plastic pieces rubbing together,I had my tech place felt shims between these pieces to reduce dash squeaks.fwiw.....

Thanks Docjohn i seem to have this problem as well (squeaking in the dash). I will ask my tech if he has ever done this kind of a fix.

Back