95 nsx on ebay???

I will say it looks a little more legit than the usual Ebay scam. I looked the VIN up and it comes up as "invalid" according to CarFax (I'm not sure why - I interchanged the last 3 of my '95 and it was ok - shouldn't there be a 334 :confused: ). Called the phone # and it rang for a few minutes - no answer. ...interesting :wink:

Last edited:
There has to be something wrong. I have less miles on my Auto 95 and would never sell it for $16k. Even if I needed the money bad. That NSX in decent condition is worth way more than that. I don't buy the "I no longer have room for it in my garage" bit either. Even godzillionairs would ask more for it. Sounds too good to be true???? Usually is.

I emailed them asking for specific photos with an odd item placed on the car - we'll see what happens :tongue:

MLmotorsport said:
I looked the VIN up and it comes up as "invalid" according to CarFax (I'm not sure why - I interchanged the last 3 of my '95 and it was ok - shouldn't there be a 334 :confused: ).
VINs have a check digit; see http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/vin.htm for how it works.

The check digit in the VIN in this ebay listing (JH4NA1180ST000334) isn't valid. I wouldn't touch this one with the proverbial 10-foot pole.

Tom239 said:
VINs have a check digit; see http://www.nsxprime.com/FAQ/General/vin.htm for how it works.

The check digit in the VIN in this ebay listing (JH4NA1180ST000334) isn't valid. I wouldn't touch this one with the proverbial 10-foot pole.

My '95 has everything the same leading up to the last 3 mumbers on that vin. Wouldn't the check # be zero on this car? That's what it is on mine (and I know mine is real :wink: ). I copied and pasted that # to carfax off of Ebay and changed the last 3 to my cars # and it went through fine. That led me to believe the "334" was the problem. I still agree with you - I wouldn't touch it. I offered more than asking if they could prove it was in their possession - I'm pretty sure they can't.

Geee, where have we seen this kind of language before? :wink:

Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 3:12 PM
To:
Subject: RE: 1995 NSX

Hello,

The car is located in New York NY. It has all the papers (complete) as well as the service book. I want this transaction to be smooth enough as I am caught in the middle of some very important events and have very little time at my disposal. The car is in excellent running and body condition, no flaws on it or any other mechanical problems. It has a clear title and it will be signed and notarized on your name as soon as the payment will be completed.
The buy it now price is $16.000 including shipping costs anywhere in the continental US. By sending your amount to eBay Motors you are not buying the car, is just the way the program works (and in case you buy the car it will give you a 1 month/1000 miles guarantee). However, it is 100% refundable if the car is not as described. There are no other costs regarding this transaction. I apologize for asking for such information but I need to be sure.
If you are interested please provide me the following information's necessary to take a decision:
-your full name and address for shipping
-your phone #
-any negative feedback and if so.... for what reason
Thank you,

mindretch said:
Geee, where have we seen this kind of language before? :wink:

Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 3:12 PM
To:
Subject: RE: 1995 NSX

Hello,

The car is located...............

That's weird, I got the EXACT same email! And they didn't even mention anything about my offer of more than their asking price :confused: . They must really not like money. Maybe if I tell them that I live in Nigeria and that my broker in the states has a check for $20k - so I would need them to cut a check for the $4k back to me - then I would have my transporter pick it up. :rolleyes:
...scum.

got it too:

Hello,

The car is located in New York NY. It has all the papers (complete) as
well as the service book. I want this transaction to be smooth enough as
I am caught in the middle of some very important events and have very
little time at my disposal. The car is in excellent running and body
condition, no flaws on it or any other mechanical problems. It has a
clear title and it will be signed and notarized on your name as soon as
the payment will be completed.
The buy it now price is $16.000 including shipping costs anywhere in the
continental US. By sending your amount to eBay Motors you are not buying