95 NSX in St. Louis area

[h=2]95 NSX in St. Louis area[/h]
Hi Guys,

First, let me say this is a fantastic forum. I've been lurking in the shadows for quite some time, and I've learned so much about these cars from all the many participants, and thanks to all for all the great information. Now that I'm finally in a position where I can actually get a sports car, I've narrowed it down to two possibilities; a Ferrari 308 GTS QV and an NSX. While my heart says Ferrari (I've lusted after one of these since they came out in 1976...nothing to do with the stupid ""Magnum P.I." thing), my head says NSX (which is superior in every way). Having been burned enough times following my heart, I think I'll go with my head! Anyway, this car has me VERY interested:

http://www.nsxprime.com/forum/showth...pe-2-Door-3-0L

As is most always the case with these E-Bay things, the car is half way across the country from me (I'm in NH, the car is in MO), so the logistics suck. I was wondering if anyone here might be able to recommend someone in that area who could perform a pre-purchase inspection for reasonable money. The car seems really nice, and checks all the right boxes for me. It appears to have been well maintained. The only thing that I picked up on was that there was no mention of the clutch having been replaced. The car has 95,000 miles on it, so should I assume it will need a clutch replacement if it hasn't ever been done (assuming "normal" driving conditions)? About how much (ballpark) does a clutch replacement run on these cars?

Finally, can anyone recommend a shop in southern NH/northern MA that knows these cars. I did run a search, but the results were from long ago.

Thanks so much, and have a great day!

Rick​

Hello,
There is an abundance of info available from all of us. "no one of us is as smart as all of us" I did the reverse of what you are attempting to do. Bought mine in Bedford MA and had it inspected there, then drove it the 1,200 miles here. What a trip! It was a couple of the best 2 days bringing it back. Stayed just south of Cleveland overnight and took the NY turnpike, (fastest according to Google maps). I'd be glad to share the route in reverse etc. For the inspection, I would think that for under $200 you could get the car inspected by Steve Moss @ St. Louis Acura in Manchester MO, which is right next to Ballwin. These are fine people and would do the right thing. Steve has worked on all my cars since he started there. All Acura's. Secondly, In Lowell MA, Mitch Smith's Mechanics Direct is a fabulous place to have your car serviced. Mitch is one of the most personable and helpful people in the business, and when I thought I had to spend $1,600 replacing a part, he had a solution that only cost me $50, and turned out to be not only correct and worked, but he ordered and shipped me the part, along with the advice on what to do. Not only is he an expert, he is a real gentleman. He's given me advice when he has had absolutely no skin in the game. What a guy!
PM me for a phone number if I can be of further help.
Warmest regards,
Don

Donk has some good advice. Also, Dave Dozier works out of Pur Performance, he too is an NSX expert and a valued NSX Prime Member.

Just another suggestion.

Back