95 nsx in OK for $20,000 repainted.

When I see a total repaint on a 144k mile car the first thing I think of is- why did they paint that car - could it be a salvage title???? Was it wrecked???? Remember there is no substitute for original paint - period. I would venture a little guess here that there is a real good reason this one has been for sale for a while. I'd be very careful if I were you. Matter of fact I believe I might have to just forget about it. But you never know. I wouldn't waste much time on that one if I were you.

Is there some reason why an NSX would be interesting at 20k? Other than price - I don't diss high milers just cause they're high milers but that repaint would have me really wondering. Actually higher milers can be a good deal if you really find a good one that has been maintained by an individual. There are a ton of threads you can read that are still fairly current if you look for info about buying low dollar NSXs. It's worth a read if you are seriously looking.

Let's see. It says it is a 95 coupe(as far as I know, no coupes were made in 95) and I see a T model engine bay brace. It also says it is a Zanardi which weren't made until 99. I smell a scam.

Let's see. It says it is a 95 coupe(as far as I know, no coupes were made in 95) and I see a T model engine bay brace. It also says it is a Zanardi which weren't made until 99. I smell a scam.

Man, I didn't even bother to look this one up - but if this is true and I'm sure you are right Edin - it's a no brainer - SCAM!!!!! You can bet on it!

I had no idea how big a newbie this dude is. Oh well. Good work Edin.

I'd go look at it but this guy is hours away from me...someone in Dallas could do it though.

Ok, I got sucked in here and opened the link. Except for the Zanardi reference - it may be ok. There is a number you can call. I still wonder about damage from a wreck.

They did make some 95 coupes. I found one when I was looking. So I'm not sure but this could be legitimate but I don't know if I'd pursue it. Price is kind of funny but it does have 144k miles. For there to be nothing wrong with it - it's a pretty low ball price. I would surely be suspicous.

I saw a 95 nsx in OK for 20k with 144k miles. it has high mileage and has been repainted. Has been for sale for some time now. Just curious if anyone has inquired about this one.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...0&cardist=1127&standard=false&captcha=success

Helenphan, I suggest getting a pre-purchase inspection(PPI) done by a good, knowledgeable mechanic. This will help inform you of the strengths and problems this vehicle may present. A good PPI will tell you what you can expect should you buy the car. It will give you the information you need to make a buying decision and, if the car will meet your expectations for the service you want the car to give.

Good luck and don't take some of the silly responses that you see here in this thread to heart.

Frankly if this car was within a couple of hundred miles of me I probably would have went to see it for my self and would have brought the cash and my flatbed. I could use the car for many reasons.

Uh, the VIN is JH4NA1181ST000117... somebody should look that up in CARFAX or Autocheck. The preliminary CARFAX info states it is a 1995 Coupe. I don't know what the expanded info states, but there are 26 records recorded by CARFAX - that could be anything, really. Autocheck preliminary info lists 14 records. Suggest that the op should CARFAX/Autocheck the VIN if they are gung-ho about the car, but why would someone list it as a Zanardi if it were not (and 1995 says it is NOT). "Lucy - you got some 'splainin to do" :redface:

Gotta give my two cents. Having actually lived in Durant, OK (briefly), I can tell you there are NO palms (look closely at some of those pictures). Durant is a farm community full of very, warm, nice people. I believe this may actually be a scam placed by someone outside of the Durant community. Also, people in Durant would not be afraid to openly list their phone number (strange that it isn't openly listed). Seriously, it is a small community near the OK-TX border. Actually, some folks in North Dallas can get there pretty quick on I-75.

As others pointed out, there is no Zanardi edition in 1995. Now the ad does say that it is open top, but I can give someone the benefit of lacking knowledge of the proper terminology. The mileage isn't an issue, but something is really afoot.

For reference, there is a body shop in OKC that actually is pretty darn good and has quite a bit of experience with aluminum bodied cars. If this is car is indeed a true deal. Ask where it was painted. The only shop capable of doing a first rate job in OK is Mirror Finish.

Overall, I tend to agree with others I think this may very well be a scam.

Uh, the VIN is JH4NA1181ST000117... somebody should look that up in CARFAX or Autocheck. The preliminary CARFAX info states it is a 1995 Coupe. I don't know what the expanded info states, but there are 26 records recorded by CARFAX - that could be anything, really. Autocheck preliminary info lists 14 records. Suggest that the op should CARFAX/Autocheck the VIN if they are gung-ho about the car, but why would someone list it as a Zanardi if it were not (and 1995 says it is NOT). "Lucy - you got some 'splainin to do" :redface:

Lets not forget the engine bay brace in the pics is one for a T-model. I guess it is possible someone put the OEM brace from a T into a coupe but I am going to guess it is a T and not a coupe. Not to mention this shows there were no coupes imported into the US in 95:

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Production_Numbers

Ed

Also if you look closely in the pics it has a T type engine cover and prop rod. It also appears that there are seams in the door seals as are found on T's.

Seller is either a scammer or a doofus who can't tell the difference between a T and a coupe.

Some "old timers" consider a 4 door car a sedan and a two door car a coupe. If the seller is not aware of the coupe vs. targa designation that would easily explain the discrepency.

FYI

The term "targa" is a registered trademark of Porsche. The NSX-T is not a "Targa".

The NSX-T is often mistakenly listed in ad's for NSX's as a coupe. Nothing all that usual.

If you can't tell by the photos that the car shown in the link given is absolutely a NSX-T you should stop posting on this thread. :rolleyes:

When you click on the "get this seller's phone number" in the ad it lists 580-924-0348

That number goes to:
Durant Industrial Authority
Tommy Kramer, Executive Director
215 N 4th Ave
Durant, Oklahoma 74701
Click For Map
Phone: 580-924-4570
Fax: 580-924-0348

Last edited:
There were no coupes produced in '95 or '96, all NSX-Ts. You can see in the images there's a break in the rubber near the windshield area, the seam where the removable top comes off. This is a NSX-T. Coupes were produced from '91-'94 exclusively and under a dozen for each year from '97-'01, aside the Zanardi which was limited to 50.

This is a scam!

Here is the same old b.s. scam story being worked on this one in response to "my" inquiry:

You may not know this sender.Mark as safe|Mark as junk
Sent: Mon 1/18/10 2:26 PM
To: [email protected]

Hello XXXX, I must apologize for the delay in response regarding the 1995 Acura NSX, work commitments..

I have just moved to Fort Myers, FL with my new business, so the car will be shipped from here. It has all the papers (complete) as well as the service book. The car is in excellent running and body condition, no flaws on it or any other mechanical problems. I had to change the left wing a year and a half ago because of an SUV backing into it, so I did an entire body professional paint job.. And it has the removable roof panel. I am forced to sell it because I've moved and because of my business that forces me to travel a lot.

I want this transaction to be smooth enough as I am caught in the middle of some very important events and have very few time at my disposal. The car has a clear title and it will be signed and notarized on your name as soon as the payment will be completed. The total price is $20,000 including shipping costs anywhere in the continental US. The shipping will be made by DAS Freight. The car will be crated and insured. You will receive the car directly to your home address in 6-7 working days.

As for payment, I don't take direct payment. If you are interested you will be asked to make a deposit of 20% of the car's price. Thats $4,000. Payment will be processed by eBay's Motors purchase protection program. This service allows us to complete this transaction in a manner that is quick and safe for both of us. This way we'll be both protected and you get to test the car before you pay for it.

You will have to send the deposit to eBay's Motors and they will keep it until you receive and inspect the car (I offer 5 days inspection period). However, the deposit is 100% refundable, based on the inspection which will take place at your home address. There are no other costs regarding this transaction.

If you are interested please provide your full name and shipping address so I can make the reservation at DAS and open a transaction case at eBay's Motors purchase protection program and move forward with this deal.

Thank you,
Carolyn McCutcheon

Why hasn't someone reported this to ebay? Isn't the car on ebay or no? Anyway if it is shown to be a scam to ebay folks they'll take it off. Just thought I'd mention that. We all suspected this was the case - now we're sure - thanks Bob.

Why hasn't someone reported this to ebay? Isn't the car on ebay or no? Anyway if it is shown to be a scam to ebay folks they'll take it off. Just thought I'd mention that. We all suspected this was the case - now we're sure - thanks Bob.

Car is not on ebay, just autotrader. When I got the scammers info I reported it but it is still up. Typical autotrader "ho hum" attitude. At least Ebay generally responds to reported frauds fairly quickly.

I have seen this scam before lots of times while looking for my NSX, when they e-mail you back and its a lengthy e-mail its probably a scam,, its funny who actually would send them money and ship it,, I guess one is born everyday!!

Back