95 EPS problem but no warning light

Just got the car and steering at low speeds is difficult and there's an odd sqeaking noise when steering at low speeds only.
This car was 100% dealer maintained and the problem started 2 years ago with the previous owner which is why it was passed the 8 year extended warranty from Acura.

I'm going to pull the clock fuse and hopefully something will work.

I'm going to bring the service bulletin along with the 97 TSB I found on Prime to Acura of Pleasanton. Hopefully, they will be of service regardless of the situation.

Hoover

Sounds like your EPS unit has been disconnected:). This will certainly keep the light off and not give you PS. Probably disconnected due to the failure.

The 1997 Service Bulletin only applies to the 1997 and it was for a minor change to do with moving the wheel during the initial test sequence the unit goes through when you start the car, and falsely setting the EPS fail light. I do not think the 1995-96 EPS system had this problem.

Not sure this info helps your cause, but first thing to check is if the system is actually connected.

HTH,
LarryB

Larry Bastanza said:
Sounds like your EPS unit has been disconnected:). This will certainly keep the light off and not give you PS. Probably disconnected due to the failure.

The 1997 Service Bulletin only applies to the 1997 and it was for a minor change to do with moving the wheel during the initial test sequence the unit goes through when you start the car, and falsely setting the EPS fail light. I do not think the 1995-96 EPS system had this problem.

Not sure this info helps your cause, but first thing to check is if the system is actually connected.

HTH,
LarryB

I had a '96 and its EPS unit did fail. It was covered under the 8 year warranty. The funny thing was that 2 months after it failed, Acura sent me a letter informing me of the extended warranty and TSB.

Larry Bastanza said:

HTH,
LarryB

Larry,

Makes sense.
Anyway you can let me know how to reconnect it?
I think it's below the glove box or somewhere near the passenger foot well?

Thanks,

I think the problem is mechanical.
When the car isn't moving and I slightly jogg the steering wheel it sounds like something in the steering column or rack area.
Oh no, a 5000.00 repair.... :mad:

Back