'91 Silver/Black 49,xxx miles - Need Advice

Hey Folks-
Newbie here. I have a friend who said he'll sell me his '91 Silver/Black mostly stock, manual NSX with 49,xxx miles weekend miles for $33,000. Do you think its a good deal? The car is in great shape..... but its a '91. We're talking about a 15 year old car. Is that a fair price?:confused:

Any advice, whether on pricing, color demand/rarity, or other, would be grateful. Thanks.

91 50k nsx sell for around $30k, give or take a thousand or two depending on the seller's asking price or how clean it is,

The fact that he wants $33k, is partly due to the color as well as the lower miles. Its a rare color combo. In my opinion, the silver on black, is the most desired color. You will notice silver/black nsxs will get more money or more bids then other nsx.

Also in my opinion, if it was a different color, i would have said he was asking a little too much. But because its silver and low miles, i think it would be a good deal if you can get it around $30k.

good luck

Like the previous post said Sebring Silver is a very rare color that was only offered on 91-93 NSXs. If this car is accident free, well maintained (timing belt and water pump should have already been replaced) and in good condition then the asking price is fair. If this car is in need of maintenance or no maintenance records, in snap ring range, or if the condition is not consistent with the miles then the price is on the high side.

Well maintained low mile 91-94 NSXs still cost $30-$35K, add to that the fact that this car is silver/black and you potentially have a good deal on your hands that has not even been advertised. I am willing to bet that you might even have a few PMs sent to you by members asking for info on this car if you pass on it. Again it’s a lower mile car and a rare color.

I too recommend that you spend some time looking in the FAQ section. There a couple of maintenance items/issues that you need to research and understand like: Snap Ring, AC Evaporator, Clutch Replacement, Timing Belt/Water Pump Replacement, and Window Regulators. I feel those are the big ticket items that can really affect the sale price. The Bose amps will eventually fail as well as the AC Climate Control Board but both can be fixed by a fellow board member for around a hundred dollars or so.

Good Luck!

Paul

Back