91 Red 39K mi $33 JH4NA115XMT002053

Needs timing belt, hoses, window thingy, ac panel, alignment, and clutch in the near. But, body and paint are clean and tranny is not in the snap ring range. Car is currently at 76k mi. How much for all that work? How much is fair for the car as is?

Almost forgot...tcs, abs, and parking brake light come on and stay on. I'm starting to think its too much work......sigh........

I'm more worried about the tcs, abs, and brake lights. I can replace the timing belt, water pump, and clutch....and it will be all good. However, the electronic stuff is a bit of a gamble and headache.

Skip this one. There are many other nice ones out there.

Hayato could be right about that. The TCS/ABS light may not be too big a deal. Moderu - you need to talk with a good mechanic about the light things. Do you have a good one in your area? If not quiz Larry B or Barney or Eiffel. If you type in Eiffel for example his name will fill you PM message automatically - write him and ask him what he thinks. He fixed my ABS for very little. It may not be that serious. 24k for it may not be too bad at all but after you fix everthing you'll end up with around 30k in it. You gotta figure on that so you might as well just buy mine unless your stuck on red. :biggrin:

Hi All!

I am new to Prime and would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Sue Tran and I was the person that purchased the 93 GPW from the Aston Martin/Jaguar Dealership. I live in North County San Diego and hope to meet other members soon!!! :) Thx

Hi All!

I am new to Prime and would like to take the opportunity to introduce myself. My name is Sue Tran and I was the person that purchased the 93 GPW from the Aston Martin/Jaguar Dealership. I live in North County San Diego and hope to meet other members soon!!! :) Thx

That's great Sue, you gotta start a thread about your purchase and tell us all about it and put pictures of the car in too! Great to have a new owner and member here - all the best and congratulations on your purchase!

Thanks Tim! I have been trying to purchase an NA2 without hurting my wallet but it just seemed more like a dream.....someday or perhaps a conversion. I was totally stoked on this one from the dealer. It has had 2 owners. 1st one was a re-po early on, I guess it hit an auction...? Then the previous owner had it since the mid 90s. He drove it less than 2k a year and kept all maintenance receipts in a folder. He traded the NA1 in towards a Aston Martin.
Me and some MacGyver looking guy were trying to purchase the car at the same time! And yes, as noted on a previous post, the dealer did not budge a penny. Well worth every dime as the car is pretty prestine for being 18yrs old.
I will have pictures added soon. I am trying to get my bike, drag Integra and the NSX in the photo album. If you see a short Asian chick that could barely see over the steering wheel, chances are....it's me! :biggrin: Sue

Thanks Tim! I have been trying to purchase an NA2 without hurting my wallet but it just seemed more like a dream.....someday or perhaps a conversion. I was totally stoked on this one from the dealer. It has had 2 owners. 1st one was a re-po early on, I guess it hit an auction...? Then the previous owner had it since the mid 90s. He drove it less than 2k a year and kept all maintenance receipts in a folder. He traded the NA1 in towards a Aston Martin.
Me and some MacGyver looking guy were trying to purchase the car at the same time! And yes, as noted on a previous post, the dealer did not budge a penny. Well worth every dime as the car is pretty prestine for being 18yrs old.
I will have pictures added soon. I am trying to get my bike, drag Integra and the NSX in the photo album. If you see a short Asian chick that could barely see over the steering wheel, chances are....it's me! :biggrin: Sue

Sue, you sound like a serious car "guy"! I assume by bike you mean a fast "crotch rocket". And you have an Integra drag car....wow! You are serious! I know you'll enjoy the NSX cause you sit low in the car and I'm sure you can see out just fine! All the best! We want pictures or it didn't happen!

hahaha....Yes for a female enthusiast, I put a lot of my guy friends to shame LOL... The NSX is the slowest of my vehicles but its handling is so fun. Not to mention it turns heads everywhere I go. I do have a crotch rocket 07 Honda CBR 600RR.
I need to get wheels for the NSX 17/18 or 18/19 staggered. And a debate of getting suspension?? The wheel gap kills me but there are already some rock chips from the previous owner and I am not sure how much of a drop I want to do. Anyone with recommendation for a 3m clear bra purchase/professional install?

If the sales guy wasn't such a douche, I seriously would have bought the car on the spot for the asking price. I'm a man of principle, so with his attitude, I wouldn't have bought the car at ANY price point.

I agree with you about principle. I probably wouldn't buy from the sales guy either if he acted like a douche.

However, I noticed if there is an NSX for sale at a good price in relatively good or fair condition, and you don't snap it up right away, someone else will.

If the sales guy wasn't such a douche, I seriously would have bought the car on the spot for the asking price. I'm a man of principle, so with his attitude, I wouldn't have bought the car at ANY price point.

I was watching that white NSX on Ebay, looked very clean. I almost debated doing a Type R clone, but I already have one NSX I dont drive. :frown: I'm glad it went to a good home. Now post up some pics!

hahaha....Yes for a female enthusiast, I put a lot of my guy friends to shame LOL... The NSX is the slowest of my vehicles but its handling is so fun. Not to mention it turns heads everywhere I go. I do have a crotch rocket 07 Honda CBR 600RR.
I need to get wheels for the NSX 17/18 or 18/19 staggered. And a debate of getting suspension?? The wheel gap kills me but there are already some rock chips from the previous owner and I am not sure how much of a drop I want to do. Anyone with recommendation for a 3m clear bra purchase/professional install?

suspension: go coilovers for adjustability if you can afford it. you can adjust the height to your liking. if you have some cash burning a hole in your pocket, get this:
http://nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=152185

wheels: go 18/19 for look but will be a bit heavier than 17/18. you should go to some NSX meets and look at other people's wheels before deciding which way to go.

Thanks for the tip. I am going to a car gathering tomorrow in San Diego. There will be a couple of NSXs there and I hope to get some ideas of wheel/suspension set-ups.
Kenny, I can totally picture a salesmen being a complete a**hole at that dealership. The sales manager came out and told me he was trying to sell that car for a lot more! Luckily, I got a female salesperson that was pretty cool. She rides motorcycles too and so we ended up conversation about canyon riding during the whole purchasing transaction. :wink:

1991 Red/Black NSX 33k miles JH4NA1159MT000875
One Day

Why is this car still on the market? Seems clean. Wish it was on the west coast.

It should be gone soon. It's a difficult question to answer but the seller seems motivated to sell for a decent price considering it needs maintenance. It most likely will need 4k + in maintenance. That's not bad for a low mile nice NSX! That's what it costs to get one. It will eventually sell I believe.

1991 Red/Black NSX 33k miles JH4NA1159MT000875
One Day

Why is this car still on the market? Seems clean. Wish it was on the west coast.

You know what's funny? I'm looking for a clean 97+ but not in red and it seems like most nsx are out on the east coast in California and here is a car you want and its on the opposite side of the country. It seems hard to find the car you want just like it is for me

Back