91 Nsx with 561 miles JH4NA1150MT001557

Re: 91 Nsx with 561 miles

steveny said:
K40 radar???

I had K40 radar on my old 95, and yes, it had two LED lights.

The car is not even broken in yet. I wonder what kind of maintenance records this car has, if any.

I have 700 miles on my 2005, which I bought a year ago. I just never had time to drive it, but no matter what, it still gets serviced based on the time interval.

DrVolkl said:
Without looking at the link...I'd have to ask why high $40's would be retarded. How much does a brand new 2005 NSX cost? $80k? So a brand new 1991...well, sure, $47k or so sounds about right to me. Not that I'd ever pay that much for a '91...but as a collector, why not? Heck of a deal if you compare it to a 2005...because, really, what's the huge difference? It's not like they changed a whole lot over the past 15 years.
let's talk apples to apples please. first of all, the 1991 NSX for sale is not "Brand new"....so, let's compare the cost of the 1991 NSX, WHICH IS USED, with a used 2005. Considering you can likely get a used low mileage (under 1k) NSX for $70'ish K,
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/05-A...oryZ5337QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I would say $48k for that 1991 is overpriced. A 15 year old car with 500ish miles intuitively cannot be in the greatest shape. You would need tires ($800), all belts replaced including timing ($1500), and serious engine service considering the average miles driven is less than a 10th of a mile per day, and that is assuming 0 miles at time of purchase (likely had some on it). That cannot be healthy, but correct me if I am wrong.

So, all of a sudden, your $48k used 1991 is costing you at least an additional$3k, not to mention it is not under warranty like a 2005 would be ($3k in value?), and it is likely in snap ring range, and it does not have the bigger engine, does not have the 6 speed tranny, nor does it have the updated styling which is another $5k in value at least (you commented it has not changed much in 15 years?).

As someone else said, if the goal is to buy and stick the car in a room for the rest of it's life, fine whatever, it could be worth $100k for all I know. But to use, I think it is over priced, and there are hidden costs that make it even more over priced in my opinion.

These cars last forever, we have seen NSX's with 300k plus miles on them, and they still ride like a champ. So buying a 1991 with 500 miles vs buying one with less than 20k miles is a trivial difference in the big scheme of things (usuable life), and in fact, I would have more comfort in a car with 20k miles vs. this thing (assuming usage was spread evenly during its life).

my 2cents.

chumch said:
My 91 Nsx has 13xxx miles on it and I purchased it in 2003 for $39,000. At the time of purchase it had 6000 miles on it. Not much different in condition to the one on ebay but I got a near new car for what might have been a premium of a few thousand dollars over one with say 30,000 miles. I could not have imagined paying any more than what I did, however. It was at the top limit for what I wanted to spend.
amen...

It amazes me there are still early NSX's with mileage this low. First the approximate 761 mile Sebring Silver that a member here bought, and now this one. To get a value on this car we really should have our other Prime member chime in about what he gave for his 'as new' older NSX.

Meeyatch1 said:
It amazes me there are still early NSX's with mileage this low. First the approximate 761 mile Sebring Silver that a member here bought, and now this one. To get a value on this car we really should have our other Prime member chime in about what he gave for his 'as new' older NSX.

I remember seeing a 91-93 Sebring Silver NSX with around 1,000 miles for sale on Autotrader a few months ago. The price was listed at $35,000. I wonder if it was the same one you are talking about?

B Feelgood said:
I remember seeing a 91-93 Sebring Silver NSX with around 1,000 miles for sale on Autotrader a few months ago. The price was listed at $35,000. I wonder if it was the same one you are talking about?

:eek: :eek: WOW!! That is a great price too!! :eek: :eek:

The more I think about it, the more I would consider paying the upper $30's for a car like this. Essentially you are getting a time capsule car. Sure, you will have to do some fluid changes and all that, but this truely is a unique opportunity. There are still a fair amount of under 10,000 mile early NSx' out there, but probably almost no more under 999 mile NSX's. I can only imagine how cool it would be to buy that car and then drive it somewhere and have the new car feeling on a 15 year old vehicle. If we were not saving for a house I really think I would consider this car.

Meeyatch1 said:
If we were not saving for a house I really think I would consider this car.

Mitch you would not know what to do with yourself. Hell, you would have snow tires and 30K miles on it before the end of the hear. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Meeyatch1 said:
My 761 mile NSX just turned 4,000 miles today:smile: After making the NSX purchase, I spent a little over $1k replacing all fluids, filters, hoses, tires, belts and battery. It took me three years looking for any NA1 NSX with less than 1k miles. The purpose for me purchasing a low mileage NSX was to know the complete history of the car.

I believe the NSX for sale on eBay is priced correct if all the fluids, filters, tires, battery & belts were replaced.

Even thou my NSX is 15 years old, numerous people think it is a 2005:biggrin:

I think the worst part is the guy probably bought it at the sticker of $60,000+ and will probably selling it for $45,000. So that's like paying $1000 to drive 37 miles a year.

Someone buy this car and drive it. PLEASE!

Hopefully he doesnt have any problems with that car since it hasnt been driven that much or other wise he's gonna spend alot of money fixing it, if theres any problems.

drmanny3 said:
Well it sold for $43,000. Pretty good price for such a essentially new car.

If I was looking for a NSX, I would have paid $43K for this one. The new paint condition alone is worth paying the extra money for it.

First get a clear bra and then DRIVE it!

wow, this car is in MINT condition. the smell of the leather must be mmmmh, sooo good. even the front suspension is sooo clean !!

mine is also a '91 a has (will have) close to 0 miles :confused: ... i'm having a new NSX-R gauge cluster :biggrin:

AC

I am still wondering why the previous owner even bothered putting the front plate and bracket on, and took the chance of damaging the paint?? :confused:

Back