91' NSX w/ 56,000miles = $28k = good deal???

i found a 91' NSX w/ 56,000 miles for 28k. the seller says it's in "excellent condition". do u think this is a good deal??

i'm also considering getting a new 350Z ($30k). which one would u pick??

I'd much rather have an NSX but you might want to consider the fact that the NSX may cost quite a bit more to operate (even though the initial price is similar) because it is on older used car--the parts and labor are not cheap.

One year from now the Nsx will be worth more then that 350Z your looking at.

You should find out if that nsx has had its major service done and when?

Has the clutch ever been changed ?

Is it in snap ring range ?

Any stories with this car aka accidents,repo,salvage,water damage ect ?

Acura NsX Pilot hit the nail on the head. Coming from a heavy economics/finance background, I think a little differently than most regarding a car's true value.

Overall cost must factor in insurance, fuel mileage, maint., and depreciation. Tires and just about everything else is going to be more expensive on the NSX. But if you are smart buyer, you will probably end up spending less money within a 3 or 5 year ownership with the NSX. The only reason this may not work effectively is if you plan on putting a large amount of miles on the NSX.

Since I can't stand losing money on any asset, including cars which can be extremely difficult, and have decent mechanical experience, I'd go for the NSX. If you don't want to deal with owning a 15 year old car [I also have a 91 LS400], get the 350z. The overall performance of the two is remarkably similar, but one drive in the NSX and the 350z will never feel adaquate.

As per the 28k price tag, a lot of it depends on your local market. It can be very difficult to get a consensus on what NSX's go for in your area since they are so rare, but 28k for any clean NSX is certainly not a bad deal.

If the car has had, as mentioned previously, the clutch changed, honestly the TB and WP should be as well, out of snap ring range, etc., you will probably get many trouble free miles out of it.

i bought mine with 53k (1991, stock, awesome cond).... 27101. when i was looking.... that was a pretty damn good deal. talk em down to 27 at least and look at it really thoroughly.

sahtt said:
Acura NsX Pilot hit the nail on the head. Coming from a heavy economics/finance background, I think a little differently than most regarding a car's true value.

Overall cost must factor in insurance, fuel mileage, maint., and depreciation. Tires and just about everything else is going to be more expensive on the NSX. But if you are smart buyer, you will probably end up spending less money within a 3 or 5 year ownership with the NSX. The only reason this may not work effectively is if you plan on putting a large amount of miles on the NSX.

Since I can't stand losing money on any asset, including cars which can be extremely difficult, and have decent mechanical experience, I'd go for the NSX. If you don't want to deal with owning a 15 year old car [I also have a 91 LS400], get the 350z. The overall performance of the two is remarkably similar, but one drive in the NSX and the 350z will never feel adaquate.

sahtt said:
My old NA2 NSX was better in almost every category then a 350Z except trunk space.

I had double your mileage with everything done that I could go off of my checklists.
It also had the 05 front conversion done from SOS with HIDs and rear bumper upgrade so that cost some money. The car has over 100,000 miles and I paid $27,000 for it but I can afford to fix things on it.

I sold my Honda S2000 which IMO was worth about as much as a 2002 NSX, with all the rare JDM aftermarket parts that it had on it (of course you will never get retail for used parts, but what I paid came damn close). I will tell you what though, I dont think I will ever go back to an S2000 and I am picking up an 05 tranny this summer.

It took a lot of work to get my S2000 to look the best it could. With that said the NSX in OEM form looked better than my S2000 ever did. :(

Synthesis said:
i bought mine with 53k (1991, stock, awesome cond).... 27101. when i was looking.... that was a pretty damn good deal. talk em down to 27 at least and look at it really thoroughly.

Before I bought my car, I could have owned 2 brand new 350Z. I decided that I wanted the ultimate Japanese car - the NSX. It has been the best decision that I have ever made in purchasing a car.

If you don't want people to say "Wow, nice car" or people giving you compliment everywhere you go, then you should get the 350Z.

When you find the perfect NSX, either it's a 91 - 06, then I recommend it over a new 350Z anyday. Keep in mind of all the costs in owning an NSX like car insurance, routine maintenance, etc.

If you are tight in money and live check by check, then I recommend you buying the 350Z. Since the 350Z is brand new, there's a chance you'll need to spend less money on maintenance costs.

Like everyone said, make sure the timing belt, pumps, accident-free, etc, are up to date. If you do your homework first, then you might find your ultimate car. These situation is not just for NSX, but for any used car that you're planning to buy.

good luck,

I considered a Z. However it was a used touring in that orange color, 2003 $20k, clean car and title, 33k miles with 100k extended warranty. That was the only reason I really considered it, it was cheap and well it honestly was LOTS of fun. I just hated the interior, black plastics for miles and miles, as far as the eye could see. But the rest of the car I liked very much, especially the torquey feel of the motor and the tranny.

This is a SCREAMING deal on a nsx. I LOVE the specs on this car:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67801

Back