91 NSX in ebay for $5K? The scoop....

I know some of you have seen these before. I was going to include the link (it was there yesterday), but it's gone today. Ebay must have taken the listing away. Anyway a guy listed a 91 NSX with a starting bid of $100. He said he would sell it for $5,000. He had four pictures. He said for details on the sale send him an email. I did not take this seriously but I was curious how the scam would work. I sent him an email and below is his reply:

Hello,
Thank you for your interest in my Acura NSX, the car is still for sale.
First of all i want to let you know that this transaction will not go outside eBay!
The car looks exactly as pictured, has no mechanical flaws and I will agree selling it for $5000 with shipping taxes included. I am willing to sell it fast, so get back to me only if you're ready to make this purchase. This is an US so there is nothing to worry about.
I am passing through some family problems and I am relocated in Zagreb, Croatia where my parents live. The car is here as well. I am looking to sell it fast so if you are interested get back with me.
The payment will be handled by eBay who will work third party company that will act as a "middle man" in this transaction. They will secure your payment until you receive and inspect the car.Upon your confirmation, they will release my payment. That's fair for both of us since you get to see the car before releasing the payment and I am sure I'll receive my payment afterwards.
Shipping will be handled on my expense with DAS. The car will be delivered in 4 days tops.
If you're willing to make this purchase, send me your ebay ID, name and address so I can start the process with eBay and also prepare the car for shipping. eBay will send you the invoice and payment instructions.
If you want more details call me at 0034663756303
Looking forward to hearing from you,

Wow, 4 days delivery. Can't get that kind of delivery speed on a legit deal. :tongue:

His 3rd party "ebay" would prob be his fraud company calling themselves ebay.

You can't buy a NSX for that..even the wrecked ones are over 10k at least.

He says the car is in with him ...how are you gonna get a car from Croatia in 4 days?...some people,...I just don't get it...there must be people dumb enough to fall for this crap, or else they wouldn't do it.

I bid $1100 on a bicycle on ebay, I didn't win the auction, it ended at $2300 with 5 bidders above mine, I got 2 emails the next day with an Ebay looking email that said "second chance offer" each had a differnt "contact me at" email addy. I thought, How stupid do they think I am?, there were 5 bids higher than mine and nobody bought it?..come on!..then in the next 2 weeks I got 5 more emails like this each having a differnt contact email addy.

these people SUCK!!:mad:

so is the car in U.S.?? if not tell him you're in the military and you'll get the car ship free and will pay up front when you see him.. :biggrin:

As someone already pointed out, the scam is the 3rd party company/escrow agency is a complete fraud and under the fraudster's control.

Someone should go meet him so they can kick his ass.

I'm Croatian but I don't scam people on NSX's. :P

zahntech said:
He says the car is in with him ...how are you gonna get a car from Croatia in 4 days?...some people,...I just don't get it...there must be people dumb enough to fall for this crap, or else they wouldn't do it.

I bid $1100 on a bicycle on ebay, I didn't win the auction, it ended at $2300 with 5 bidders above mine, I got 2 emails the next day with an Ebay looking email that said "second chance offer" each had a differnt "contact me at" email addy. I thought, How stupid do they think I am?, there were 5 bids higher than mine and nobody bought it?..come on!..then in the next 2 weeks I got 5 more emails like this each having a differnt contact email addy.

these people SUCK!!:mad:

Same thing happened to me on an NSX I bid on. They probably set the reserve really high so no one would win, then sent everyone who bid a second chance offer. Amazing how many scams there are on ebay.

hofffam said:
If you want more details call me at 0034663756303
Looking forward to hearing from you,

Alright everyone, get out your Sharpies and get that number posted on as many public restroom stalls as you can! :biggrin:

Hugh said:
Alright everyone, get out your Sharpies and get that number posted on as many public restroom stalls as you can! :biggrin:

For a Good Time Call
:biggrin: Wow havent heard that one in a long time...

There was a set of Fikses that sold on ebay not too long ago for an 02 NSX. Now even though i never bid, i received a second offer option. The guy stated he was out of town in the UK since he's a diplomat of some sort so if i wire him the money he would be sure to send them in due time when he arrived back in the US. He claimed he was the heir to some English noble family for proof. The extent some of these pricks go to for a scam is just plain rediculous...

Last edited:
I hate scammers and all and I think they should rot in hell, but:
Anyone dumb enough or greedy enough to fall for something like this probably deserves it.

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

Angelo08 said:
For a Good Time Call
:biggrin: Wow havent heard that one in a long time...

There was a set of Fikses that sold on ebay not too long ago for an 02 NSX. Now even though i never bid, i received a second offer option. The guy stated he was out of town in the UK since he's a diplomat of some sort so if i wire him the money he would be sure to send them in due time when he arrived back in the US. He claimed he was the heir to some English noble family for proof. The extent some of these pricks go to for a scam is just plain rediculous...

How on earth could you get a "2nd chance offer" if you never bid ??? :confused:

Why would anyone question the authenticity of this type of a sale? Please please please people. Use your peanut or be prepared to depart with some hard earned $$$$. >sigh<

eddie187 said:
i dont get why they ask $5,000 buy it price.why not ask a true value to the car price so it dosent look like a scam?

Because people that are dumb enough to seriously look at a 5000$ NSX on ebay are also dumb enough to fall for their scam.

NSX-GUY said:
How on earth could you get a "2nd chance offer" if you never bid ??? :confused:

I'm trying to figure out how the scammers are getting peoples' email addresses to send these scam offers to regardless of whether they bid or not.

Hugh said:
I'm trying to figure out how the scammers are getting peoples' email addresses to send these scam offers to regardless of whether they bid or not.

IF you bid your user id comes up when you click on the "History xxbids" link in the auction. From that point you click on the bidder's name and their "profile" comes up. From their profile you can click on "Contact Member" and e-mail them. :wink:

(And No, I'm NOT one of those "scammers" :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: )

NSX-GUY said:
IF you bid your user id comes up when you click on the "History xxbids" link in the auction. From that point you click on the bidder's name and their "profile" comes up. From their profile you can click on "Contact Member" and e-mail them. :wink:

(And No, I'm NOT one of those "scammers" :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: )

Yes, but he was asking if YOU DID NOT BID how they would get the info, which is that they wouldn't. They would have to get really lucky to randomly send out an email to a member who actually was looking at a car they were selling.

This is only the 3,412th thread dedicated to a great deal on an NSX on Ebay. I think people should just start bidding and wiring money. It has to be legit if it's on the internet. :rolleyes:

Shumdit said:
Yes, but he was asking if YOU DID NOT BID how they would get the info, which is that they wouldn't. They would have to get really lucky to randomly send out an email to a member who actually was looking at a car they were selling.

No, actually he asked "regardless of whether they bid or not"......

I was addressing the former.

As an aside I saw this fabulous '05 Turbo S on eBay that wasn't getting anywhere near the reserve ($115K - I asked the dealer) so I bid $80K for the hell of it.

Just yesterday I got one of these phoney 2nd chance offers so I asked how I would be able to get the car. I just got an e-mail today telling me he's in Budapest with the car and can get it to me in 7-10 days. So I e-mailed him back this morning telling him "I'm still interested but I thought you were a dealer in W. Palm Beach". :eek:

Wonder how long I should play with him(?)..... :biggrin:

Back