91 NSX for sale in Edmonton Canada (black with 02 conversion) JH4NA115MT000766

Talk me out of it haha.

Information received from the seller:

- imported from California 5 years ago
- has his own shop and has completed lots of maintinence himself
- did the clutch twice, first a race clutch but was too stiff so changed back to new oem 1 year ago
- timing belt and water pump has been changed
- new front tie rods, plugs, brake pads/rotors, etc
- 02+ front end conversion was done with all new OEM parts
- ww side skirts & oem updated rear lip (assume 02+)
- entire car has been resprayed black
- says no accidents to the car and thinks he still has all the origonal oem parts (which would confirm no accident to front end which was a worry)
- has newer coilovers and tires
- 18" Rays wheels (one is bent in the pictures but I would be ditching them anyways)
- has double din deck
- thinks it out of snap ring range (but he's going to send tranny # so I can confirm)

I have not seen the car in person yet, would be making the drive to check it out next weekend. Just got the VIN so I'm going to run it as well. Pictures are pretty bad so I lightened them in photoshop haha. I don't believe he has any receipts for the work done as he's done it all himself, not sure how i'd handle the TB/WP, guess I'd bite the bullet and get it done to be safe. I understand it's not stock which is fine because I would be modding it anyways. Already have aftermarket seats and steering wheel to swap in. As for the front end I love the updated look but would never be able to afford the $10k price tag after the fact so as long as its done proper thats a huge plus for me.

Any information/history on this car would be great, can't find anything searching myself. Asking price is $32k obo.

Thanks guys, Ryan.

nsx_01.jpg

nsx_02.jpg

nsx_03.jpg

nsx_04.jpg

Attachments

• nsx_01.jpg
    nsx_01.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 674
Last edited:
Look at the type of cars that are in the picture...that should give you a hint at what you are getting into...secondly, ask him to produce invoices for the parts that was purchased to complete the work.

Good luck.

Bram

If there are no receipts for the work, figure it didnt happen. Even if he did the work himself, he should have kept the receipts for the parts.

Look at the type of cars that are in the picture...that should give you a hint at what you are getting into...secondly, ask him to produce invoices for the parts that was purchased to complete the work.

Good luck.

Bram

i chuckled at that. There's a riced out ep3 civic hatch way in the back which I also have currently (mine is tasteful). Pretty sure he owns his own shop hence all the cars.

If there are no receipts for the work, figure it didnt happen. Even if he did the work himself, he should have kept the receipts for the parts.
Going to at least ask for part receipts yes.

That looks ljke a downforce Frp front bumper and that hood is by no means oem.
Yup hood is seibon cf, ugly imo. But the bumper looks oem (not sure how to tell difference between downforce FTP and oem), and he mentioned it has a carbon lip. Ill ask him specifics but I assume lights were new oem.

Last edited:
I don't see very many oem parts in that front 02 conversion... Maybe the headlights is it. And apparently it was in a rear collision?? $5200 damage on an NSX doesn't sound too bad though.

no line underneath the headlight and boxier looking grill openings would suggest its downforce... that carbon lip is DF as well (which looks like perfect fitment to the bumper) so it should be DF frp bumper.

that hood is ... hideous.

in either case; that car badly needs better photographs for a sale.

But the bumper looks oem (not sure how to tell difference between downforce FTP and oem), and he mentioned it has a carbon lip. Ill ask him specifics but I assume lights were new oem.

Last edited:
DF bumper also has no bar across the middle opening or mesh, along with what MYW says is correct- the crease does not go all the way across bc it's one piece not two like the oem bumper.

Thanks guys, appreciate the help. The car is only 3 hours away so I'm going to drive up and check it out next weekend and see it in person. The pictures are so terrible who know what shape it's actually in. I'll also be able to confirm the bumper at that time and any receipts for parts/work. If it's in good shape then I'll organize a PPI at his local Acura dealership and go from there.

- - - Updated - - -

And apparently it was in a rear collision?? $5200 damage on an NSX doesn't sound too bad though.

Yes, 'left rear side'. What would a 1/4 panel replacement cost around $5k I would guess?

Last edited:
Still haven't had the time to drive up and check it out but confirmed the tranny is out of snap ring range (#1300768). Also talked about the $5k accident claim and the drives door was backed into so the door was replaced, which sounds about right for a $5200 estimate.

the 'real world' selling price will likely be like 25k. some very untasteful mods and that engine bay looks like it went thru Hiroshima. i dont think anyone has new info, im going to say if the serious demand for the car was there it wouldn't be on sale for years. perhaps make a trip out and go see it?

Back