91-92 vs 93+ battery tie down

Well I went to install the parts that came in from amayama and it has come to my attention that the 91-92 tiedown is a different part number.... is there a difference in the lengths?

Parts I ordered

Tie down: 31512-SL0-010
Setting Bolts: 31513-SL4-000

Ultimately my fault for not triple checking but yeah can someone verify this for me?

Thanks in advance

Was able to get it to work, not sure if there is a length difference but I just had to re-position the battery a bit before i could get it to mount.

Make sure the battery bar is mounted correctly. There were some manuals showing it backwards, which is a risk for shorting. Check out the pictures here:

Note there were 3 OEM battery options. Group 35 (40lb) for MT. Group 24F (47 lb) for Autos, but some folks switch to that for their MT NSX's for better cold weather starting, especially in cold climates. Zanardi used Group 51R (CRV) ~30 lbs. When my battery went, Anti-gravity ATX-30 (6 lbs!) and it spins the starter like a banshee! It needs a manual shut-off or a trickle charger if it's going to sit more than a month or so, but that would be a good idea with a lead-acid battery as well.

Last edited:
Make sure the battery bar is mounted correctly. There were some manuals showing it backwards, which is a risk for shorting. Check out the pictures here:

Note: 3 battery options. Group 35 (40lb) for MT. Group 24 (47 lb) for Autos, but some folks switch to give better cold weather starting. Zanardi used Group 51R (CRV) ~30 lbs. When my battery went, Anti-gravity for 6 lbs and it spins the starter like a banchee! (But you need to add a manual shut-off if it's going to sit more than a month or so.)
Yeah I have it installed with the indention on right side.

And thanks for the battery options.. I was looking all over the forums when I was waiting for the battery tie down to come in

Back