90+ Laps at Barbers Motorsports Park with Chin Motorsports **PICS**

the nsxnut said:
Now, Mikey, don't overestimate Don's technical ability... :eek:

I have no technical ability...I just drive and get you and Rob to fix my problems! :tongue:

DONYMO said:
Hey, I do NOT have "so much raw power"! :smile:

You all know I have a low boost CTSC, which many, such as my buddy NetViper, have pointed out, is not all that impressive in the power dept.
I think my student's (John McCain) 97 NA-NSX is just as fast in the acceleration dept.

Hey, Why am I getting trashed in here! :biggrin:

I love the CTSC. Always have. I would saw the CTSC's added TQ is more impressive than the raw HP though. Don, you were about 10MPH faster on the straight at Roebling than my NA 93 was. Thats pretty fast!

John's car though is probably just as fast if not faster than a CTSC car based on his trap speed in the 1/4. Of course, if he added a CTSC on there, it would be SMOKING!

So did Don beat the BBSC cars around the track?

Boy you guys have all the fun! :wink: Still though I think the Al vs Hrant show wins the smack talk award :biggrin: Beautiful track btw nice cars too,I hope some day to become a traveling continental tracker like Mark B! :cool:

NetViper said:
John's car though is probably just as fast if not faster than a CTSC car based on his trap speed in the 1/4. Of course, if he added a CTSC on there, it would be SMOKING!]

What would make my car really smoking is a set of Track Wheels, Tires and another 10 Events with Chin! Practice makes perfect:-) Faster anyways...

100_1663.sized.jpg

Here's a few pics, captured from a video camera so not great quality. But there's a Lambo and a Carrera GT, and then something we don't see too often - getting a point-by to pass the GT. The passenger in the GT soon puked all over the inside of it, while wearing a full-face helmet!!!

Eiffel did great, in only his 2nd track event he showed great control and consistency - so I let him go pretty darn fast at the end there. His S03's were showing lots of migrated rubber - "marbles" as some say. Overall, a great track event, with an incredible showing of cars.

Attachments

• DSC00146.JPG
    DSC00146.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 267
  • DSC00150.JPG
    DSC00150.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 273
  • DSC00142.JPG
    DSC00142.JPG
    93.4 KB · Views: 273
Jeff A said:
Here's a few pics, captured from a video camera so not great quality. But there's a Lambo and a Carrera GT, and then something we don't see too often - getting a point-by to pass the GT. The passenger in the GT soon puked all over the inside of it, while wearing a full-face helmet!!!.

Yuk! Is that a normal occurrence? I'm psyched. I'm hoping to get registered for my first track event Oct. 16th with Chin here at the Miami-Homestead Speedway. (But reallly hope I don't puke!). I grew up with sea legs and a sea tummy so I hope it'll be alright

First track event, huh? Good for you. Nausea is not normally a problem, especially for the driver. Some people seem very suseptable to it when they ride as passengers. The driver of the GT when the passenger puked was driving conservatively (understandable with a half million dollar car!). I slowed down to stay behind him to get the videos. My passenger didn't puke. :tongue:

But really, if you're driving, you'll have a great time. As a full novice, you probably won't be pulling big G's - you'll be going slower as you learn how to do it.

MiamiMermaid said:
Yuk! Is that a normal occurrence? I'm psyched. I'm hoping to get registered for my first track event Oct. 16th with Chin here at the Miami-Homestead Speedway. (But reallly hope I don't puke!). I grew up with sea legs and a sea tummy so I hope it'll be alright

I think the kid was a wussy! You will be fine I'm sure. :biggrin:

Jeff A said:
First track event, huh? Good for you. Nausea is not normally a problem, especially for the driver. Some people seem very suseptable to it when they ride as passengers. The driver of the GT when the passenger puked was driving conservatively (understandable with a half million dollar car!). I slowed down to stay behind him to get the videos. My passenger didn't puke. :tongue:

But really, if you're driving, you'll have a great time. As a full novice, you probably won't be pulling big G's - you'll be going slower as you learn how to do it.

Thansx! I'm super excited. And of course , a bit nervous. Yup, most likely I'll be taking it easy the first go 'round. I think I'd lose it if I crushed up my baby. Lemme ask... what's the ratio of people hurting their cars while on the track ? I think I'd rather puke than do that! However, preferably, neither. :tongue:

John McCain Racing said:
I think the kid was a wussy! You will be fine I'm sure. :biggrin:

Thansx John for the 'booster' I'm excited. I was going to be on the track the 27th of August but it got cancelled due to the Hurricane. So now my anticipation is ranting! :frown:

I also feel more confident that I'll be equipped with a Novice Instructor. I'm really excited about learning how to better handle and have fun with my car, Legally!. I hope to go to Skip Barber school soon too. Anyone have any experience with that training?

I don't know of any real numbers on percentages of participants that have incidents. But from doing it for almost 5 years, I can say that usually 1 or 2 cars spin into the tire barriers or walls per event. Some events are incident free. Almost always the incidents are single-car, with the driver losing control due to going too fast or overconfidence. Personally, I drive relatively conservatively on track cause I don't want to wreck my nice car either.

So the number 1 thing to do is to go at a rate where you are absolutely sure you will remain in control at all times. Stay back from "the edge", to give yourself that room for error. The way I look at it is, if the car is at 90% of it's capablity and I make a little 15% error, it's into the wall I go. So if you keep it at 75% or so, you get a safety margin that allows you to brake a bit in mid turn if needed or whatever to make up for mistakes. Mistakes you are bound to make as a novice - there is no substitute for experience. The speed will come on it's own, in time, with experience.

Remember, HPDEs are not races. You're there to learn and practice.

Jeff A said:
I don't know of any real numbers on percentages of participants that have incidents. But from doing it for almost 5 years, I can say that usually 1 or 2 cars spin into the tire barriers or walls per event. Some events are incident free. Almost always the incidents are single-car, with the driver losing control due to going too fast or overconfidence. Personally, I drive relatively conservatively on track cause I don't want to wreck my nice car either.

So the number 1 thing to do is to go at a rate where you are absolutely sure you will remain in control at all times. Stay back from "the edge", to give yourself that room for error. The way I look at it is, if the car is at 90% of it's capablity and I make a little 15% error, it's into the wall I go. So if you keep it at 75% or so, you get a safety margin that allows you to brake a bit in mid turn if needed or whatever to make up for mistakes. Mistakes you are bound to make as a novice - there is no substitute for experience. The speed will come on it's own, in time, with experience.

Remember, HPDEs are not races. You're there to learn and practice.

Thanks Jeff for the Advice *!

Acura NsX Pilot said:
DAMM that loooks like my car !

You're absolutely right. I met you at NSXPO '04 and told you the very same thing at Watkins Glen. At that time my car was in the shop so it was nice to see it's fraternal twin on the track!

RacerX-21 said:
I have Denise to thank for the florescent… her car her choice.

I didn't know I was that close to the Dal Motorsports guys, SHAME ON ME FOR NOT SAYING HELLO! I actually got a few pics of your Miata's if would like me to pass them on...

John

John McCain Racing said:
I didn't know I was that close to the Dal Motorsports guys, SHAME ON ME FOR NOT SAYING HELLO! I actually got a few pics of your Miata's if would like me to pass them on...

John
Hi John, that would be great… I don’t have any good pic’s, and every race is another chance for unwanted modifications. I liked your car but didn’t get much chance to socialize, Denise and I were instructing for (3) friends that flew in from Chicago. I felt like an exhausted tag team wrestler… but we hooked another two future road racers (The third guy was hooked before he arrived).

Rob

[email protected]

RacerX-21 said:
I felt like an exhausted tag team wrestler… but we hooked another two future road racers (The third guy was hooked before he arrived).

Rob

[email protected]

I will get what I have to you tonight. Some of us were hooked on road racing before we were legal to drive! It was my dad's Datsun 260Z that got me. Funny how that car was white too. Good job on adding to the community of road racers. :biggrin:

Back