9 year old timing belt.

Typical spec for this is 15 years after production end. Try to buy any 1991 interior parts lately?, or even rear brake calipers, N/G, discontinued. On the other side of the coin, if parts flow through inventory on a regular basis they do keep them in production longer. Right now I can get hoses from Honda for any year NSX, but we are coming up soon for the end of life for most Gen 1 stuff over the next 5 years, so my point is don't wake up one day and go "oh, crap" never ordered those parts;).....

I've discovered that 50% of the time when a part is "discontinued" in the US catalog that the part can still be bought from Honda in Japan. Additionally a very high percentage of the 1992-2005 parts will fit on a 91, even if the part # is different. Between these two alternative avenues I've still been able to get whatever I needed.

It would be helpful if someone built a list of critical early model year parts that have no later model year equivalent. I certainly do not trust Honda's parts catalog to tell me this as it's become obvious to me that they do not bother to maintain an exhaustive cross compatibility reference. I suspect that as our cars get older there will be a lot more talk and experimentation regarding which 2005 parts can be fitted on a 91.

I've discovered that 50% of the time when a part is "discontinued" in the US catalog that the part can still be bought from Honda in Japan. Additionally a very high percentage of the 1992-2005 parts will fit on a 91, even if the part # is different. Between these two alternative avenues I've still been able to get whatever I needed.

It would be helpful if someone built a list of critical early model year parts that have no later model year equivalent. I certainly do not trust Honda's parts catalog to tell me this as it's become obvious to me that they do not bother to maintain an exhaustive cross compatibility reference. I suspect that as our cars get older there will be a lot more talk and experimentation regarding which 2005 parts can be fitted on a 91.

Funny, when I'm, looking at a part number for my 91 thats been discontinued, I switch over to 2002/2005 parts list and it shows the same part number for the same part but not discontinued.:confused: I've done this a at least 3 occasions.

Back