8K for a 30K.

Was at a open house for Motion Products this past weekend. They are well known in the Ferrari community for restoring vintage Ferraris many of there cars have done very well at Pebble Beach. This year they will have six there all done out of there modest shop a mile or two from my house. While I was there a Doctor had his Testarossa there for it's 30,000 mile service here are a couple of pics O Ya the bill was $8,000 Yikes!!:eek:

Last edited:
Engine.

Last edited:
F40.

Last edited:
A rare 288 GTO.

Last edited:
I just had the 15k service done to my 456M at a cost of $3200. The brakes for the rear added another $1800 for parts (I installed them myself). The 30k on my car is near 8k... but honestly, I will sell the car before it needs it!;)

JAM said:
I just had the 15k service done to my 456M at a cost of $3200. The brakes for the rear added another $1800 for parts (I installed them myself). The 30k on my car is near 8k... but honestly, I will sell the car before it needs it!;)

You aren't alone - that's why so many Ferraris for sale have around 15K or 30K miles.

I had a 89 Testarossa a few years back, the dealer charged me $7,890.00 just for the timing belts.
You have to take the bumper off and the engine out to get at it.
I sold it soon after.

The 288 is so sweet.

What Ferrari is in front of that F40?
Is it a race car?

prova4re said:
I had a 89 Testarossa a few years back, the dealer charged me $7,890.00 just for the timing belts.
You have to take the bumper off and the engine out to get at it.
I sold it soon after.

The 288 is so sweet.

What Ferrari is in front of that F40?
Is it a race car?

Pretty sure it's Berlinetta Boxer Lemans.

Last edited:
GTO

That 288 GTO has to be one of the best looking cars on this planet...oh wait, it kind of looks like an NSX. No wonder I like it so much.

every time I think I can afford a 355, I think about the servicing and get queasy. Then I realize I can't afford one :)

I also think the 288 GTO is one of the beautiful cars made as well. They had a special on the dream cars show on satalite a few weeks ago that featured the 288 GTO. Wow... that thing looks unbelievable , and, like our NSX the design is over 15 years old (actually older). One of my coworkers is wanted to get a new car, and at first she was leaning towards TL. THis weekend she drove one of the new GTO's (she's always bought american cars) and now wants a GTO. I hadn't really had a good look at one yet, but they look so incredibly bland... looks like a fleet rental car. She hasn't driven a TL yet, so hopefully she'll come back the other way, not that the TL is much better in the looks department. Just thought I would do my duty and show her what a real GTO looks like.

Last edited:
CDub said:
Although the engine hatch opens differently from a regular 360, but it looks like a Modena 360. May be it is a Modena race car.

It's a 512 BB/LM (Berlinetta Boxer LeMans), as NSX 3.0 stated. AKA "Silhouette racer." They were killer endurance racers from the late 70's/early 80's. Top speeds around 200mph. If you have never heard one of these beasts on the track, you're really missing out.

Back