$799 lease deal ending

I shouldn't ask b/c I don't want to have post-purchase regret but....does anyone know what the new program (if any) will be on the NSX when the current offer expires on July 6?

I'm hoping it will either end or will just continue. I'll be kind of pissed if they start offering a $7.5k or $10k rebate like they have done in past years.

Any insight? Thanks.

How can they be offering rebates when they don't even have enough nsx for those dealership? More like 5-10K cost reduction.....that I see :D

I think it is a stratigy for moving more NSX, when they had the lower price in the past, sale did not really went up, because this is a high end sports car, for $80+k, most people tends to over look the NSX, but at $799 per month, lots of people never thought of being able to get one will start looking.

I for one got my 04 end of Feb, at that time, the special lease suppose to end March 1, 2004, so I went out of my way and locate one in Arizona, make the deal and truck it over in an enclosed trailer.

What would you rather drive?
a Boxter for $899/month 48 month or a NSX for $799/month 36 month, with the same amount of total drive off (I paid under $3900 including shipping/trucking), that was the figures I was getting for the Porsche. Tell you the truth, I do not like Boxter, I was going to compare 911 coupe, but that lease would be around 1k/month 48 month, and I was paying $645/month 33month for a BMW Z3 3.0

Plus, I can fit my golf clubs in the trunk of the NSX, but with the 911, it will take up the passanger seat.:D :D :D

Brand new nsx are out and all over the place.. just seek and you shall find. If you must aquire one I can run a locate or all dealers in your area that have nsx's that have not previously been rdr'd or reported as being sold! By the way every year towards the ending of the year acura always puts a $7,500 dealer cash promo in lieu of the special lease! When 2005's are coming out- who wants 2004's...

WeakestLink,

The $799 lease deal started at the first of the year, which is when I started searching for a 2004 NSX. I wanted a specific color combination, and they were available, except that they were all on the east coast. My local dealership had quoted me a very good price (I've bought a lot of cars from him) and all he had to do was find a car. That's where he ran into a jam. There were 2004 NSXs out there but in a very limited number and no dealership was willing to trade him one of his non-NSX cars for their NSX because the dealership giving up the NSX would not be credited with the sale which hurts their NSX allocation. At that time the lease special was set to expire in two months. My choices then were
-pay a much higher price for the car at another dealership plus another $1k-$2k to have it shipped to Phoenix.
-order a car through my local dealer (3 month wait), pay the low purchase price (AKA cap cost) but miss out on the $799 lease deal.

But there's good news. Honda has run these lease specials in years gone by with 2-3 month lifespans and would extend them as soon as they expire so the lease deal would actually be available for 6 or more months. This time turned out to be no different. Honda has extended this year's lease special at least once and it maybe twice.

I ordered a car just before the lease deal expired the first time and Honda extended it. My car came in after 2 months so now I've got shiny '04 sitting in the garage and the lease deal.

Take note: All dealers will try and do a dealer locate for you if they don't have the color combo you want in stock. The trouble each dealer will have is the dealer giving up the car will be VERY reluctant to trade. Many of them don't know this until they try to get the NSX.

awsomr,
Don't tell me, you got your car at Acura North Scottsdale. Correct?

DangerMoney said:

awsomr,
Don't tell me, you got your car at Acura North Scottsdale. Correct?

That is correct, and guest what, Silver on Grey is my first choice. Therefore, it work out great for me.:D :D :D

Here is a photo of it on my wedding day, 06-19-04, that is why I missed the Beach Part.

Attachments

• dsc00012.jpg
    dsc00012.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 519
I've called 5 dealers, including Greenwich Acura that sells the most NSXs in the country. They say there are NO '05s!! I told them about Bridgewater Acura and they said that at this point they could not order a 2005 NSX, and that they were told they were not going to be able to. Greenwich has several '04s left. So, apparently Bridgewater is the only place in US to get a 2005 at this point.

I guess I wasn't clear in my original post. I already took advantage of the 04 lease. I went to buy an MDX, saw the yellow/yellow NSX, and got a great deal on both.

I think 04s are still relatively easy to find which is why I'm concerned that Acura will put rebates on the car. (if someone is interested, I found a black/red 6spd at Wolfe Acura in Kansas) Anyway, still love the car, happy with the deal, no complaints. I'm really glad that the 6CD and keyless are finally standard.

Oh and by the way, the 24 and 27 month leases are about the same as the 36 month ones....in case anyone is interested in shorter term programs. And as stated in previous threads, it is cheaper to do the 5k/year program and pay .15/mile over than it is to include it in the lease payment.

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
Brand new nsx are out and all over the place.. just seek and you shall find. If you must aquire one I can run a locate or all dealers in your area that have nsx's that have not previously been rdr'd or reported as being sold! By the way every year towards the ending of the year acura always puts a $7,500 dealer cash promo in lieu of the special lease! When 2005's are coming out- who wants 2004's...

Bridgewater, can you run a search for all unsold '04s that are Silverstone/Onyx? Planning on biting the bullet if Acura does decide to discontinue the NSX.

greenwich acura has a new silverstone 6 speed in stock! see it in the dupont registry!

BRIDGEWATER ACURA said:
greenwich acura has a new silverstone 6 speed in stock! see it in the dupont registry!

Yup, I saw that too. But its a Silverstone with silver interior. They have a silvertone with Onyx too, but its in auto.

Any other places other than Greenwich?

There is a black/red at Jay Wofe Acura in Overland Park, KS.

There is a white/white and a silver/grey incoming to Superior Acura also in Overland Park, KS.

Back